21 ways - Study Group - Discussion thread

coyoteblack

Kalymura said:
That'd be the Druidcraft, for me, then. Beautiful artwork and powerful images, but I can't even remember what the Fool looks like - it's been so long since I shuffled it. It would be good to get to know it better... and I know you have a separate study forum for that deck too, which I haven't yet begun to read.

:) Cool, thanks!

great choice in a deck it just happens to me my fravorite deck. I am useing that deck in my 78 weeks study, I will be glad to help motivate you through the steps . In this group we really like to help people .

Starling

I know I'm late coming into this, but I'm going to do it anyway. I'm going to use the RWS deck, because it is the one I always read with.

coyoteblack

Welcome starling

You are joined by a few people who came into the discussion group at a latter date.

It is fun but hard on the flip side you have many example to go by. We kind of had to learn by doing. So you can progress at a faster rate.

Also with the RWS deck there are many books and groups about this card so you wont lack for material to look up.

Jewel

Welcome starling! great to have you with us!

Starling

Thank you for the welcome. Is there a thread where people doing this study are currently discussing how it is going? I'd enjoy talking about it as well as doing it.

Starling

Question for those who have finished the 21 steps

I do hope some of you who have finised the 21 steps are still around looking at this discussion thread.

How many of you actually did the entire thing, over a 21 week period, with a single card? I find myself wanting to try the idea with additional cards already.

I'm also going to go and look at the later steps in this study just to see how many of you finished at all. I'm going to be doing this in about a month. Maybe a bit more. Maybe a bit less. With the holidays coming up, I expect it will slow me down some. Or maybe not. I can't imagine doing all of this with a single card over a 21 week period. I'm really impressed by the idea that some of you did it that way.

coyoteblack

Most of us stayed with the same card I think Dave chanegd his card.

dadsnook2000

Card change

Yes, I changed cards midway thru the exercises but that was because I had gone thru a significant change of focus in my life and I wanted a card that reflected the type of path I was on then.

You may certainly change your chosen card at any time. There are reasons why one card is a valuable consideration --- your view of that card changes over time, and these changes then can be easily applied to other cards and decks. Your choice, as always. Dave

Starling

I'm already finding myself looking at other cards in a new way. So I'm not surprised to hear that happened to other people as well.

What was really interesting was looking at the Majors that were associated with the 5 of Swords. All of the Minor Swords fit with the original keywords I had come up with, but the two Majors did not (in my opinion anyway). It made finding keywords for 5 a lot more difficult. It also made it obvious that I needed to see a range of keywords for the card. Challenges AND opportunities. Stability AND destability. And more than any other, balance AND unbalance.

Starling

Hum... Interesting. I read the chapter for step 6 and was sure that I knew what I was going to do, and then I read the thread for step 6...

Back to the book. Some of what some of you did makes no sense to me at all, so I need to do some more careful reading before I go and actually do the step.

I've read Mary Greer before. I've seen her intuitive methods before and I've even used them some. They were already part of my quiver of arrows. So they were also pretty easy. I've avoided a lot of the stuff in steps 6 and 7. (Yes, I read ahead and had a look at step 7 as well.)

It looks like I'm going to be pushed, pulled and "forced" to do some work and some growing here. That is the advantage to doing the book with a group. If the study continues on this way, I'm also obviously not going to be doing it as quickly as I did the first 5 steps.

For me this is all new. I am really going to be learning new stuff. I like that.