21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step ONE

squeakmo9

Japann said:
Gilded Tarot - Eight of Pentacles.

A man is sat at a slanted desk under an elaborate arch. He is holding one of the pentacles the rest are in the air.

(Is this enough for the first step?)
yep.
welcome aboard, Japann!
:)

Sheri

21 Ways - Step One

Step 1: International Icon Tarot, 5 of Wands

This card shows 5 figures each with a wand, in some sort of conflict - it might be in fun, but it also might be serious. I think it is interesting that the figures are all in different colors.

On to Step 2!

valeria

Aulruna

21 ways - Step One

Sorry for boarding the bus so late...
I have a long holiday in front of me and want to do something useful. Chose the Arthurian because I'd like to reconnect with the story.

The Arthurian Tarot (Hallowquest) - IV Arthur

A man sits on a stone throne in a mountain landscape. He is wearing a golden circlet on his head, armour, and a purple cloak. A sword lies across his knees. A banner similar to a chinese kite floats behind him.

(I noticed for the first time how "unpopulated" the Arthurian actually is, I've never really used it before.)

Jewel

21 Ways - Step One Fantastic Menagerie

Looks like there are a few of us just starting out so at least we will have company here at the tail end of the group. By the way Dave, thanks so much for organizing this study group. YAY for Dave! Love the variety of decks being used!!!

The Fantastic Menagerie - The Star

The card shows a woman with an ibis head (bird head) walking through some vegetation into a pool of water. She is adorned with nature, has a dragonfly on her shoulder, and there are 3 fish half-in half-out of the water watching her.

My chosen card is The Star.

CARD: The Star
DECK: Fantastic Meangerie
Card can be seen here: http://www.fantasticmenagerie.com/Majors2.htm

nicki

Is it too late to join?

nicki

dadsnook2000

Not at all

It is most certainly not too late to join. Although you have the benefit of many examples to follow, I would encourage you to do your exercise mostly on your own. This is how we learn, we plunge in and do our own thing while trying to follow the guidance Mary Greer offers in her book. She has experience to guide her, and to also guide us. As I have gone through these steps I find that sooner or later the next step builds upon what we have learned earlier. Learning comes from doing. It has been very enlightening, so do join us. Even if the bulk of us reaches Step 21 before others have made it most of the way through, we will continue to monitor the progress of everyone.

We are only doing the Apprentice-level steps at this point. I expect that we will be doing the the Adept-level steps after the summer ends. Dave

coyoteblack

nicki said:
Is it too late to join?

nicki

please join us !! the more new blood the better. besides those latter steps kind of take a bit I think we are averageing 1 week per step if not longer.

you can catch up real easy

nicki

thanks, i will pick my card and post when i get home from work later.

nicki

dadsnook2000

For Eilan

Thanks for posting a picture of your card. I think you'll be happy with your choice. And welcome. Dave