21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step THREE

Grip Dellabonte

Card 5: Interpreter
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/wild-spirit/

Well! This card took me somewhere yesterday I hadn't expected to go....!

3.1a In the case of the man, he seems very self-assured and at ease with himself. His shoulders are pulled back, his back is straight, and he has a direct, yet unthreatening gaze. It seems as though the fey have come to him, not the other way round. They look comfortable with him. Yesterday I thought the owl was like the fey - receiving messages from the man. On closer examination, it looks as though the owl is communicating with the man who is in turn passing that information on to the fey.
The weather in the background reminds me of Van Gogh - midnight blues kind of streaky, with swirly yellows - gives the impression of moody movement. So, while the front of the cards looks calm, the background looks like a storm is brewing...maybe a summer storm based on the man's attire.

3.1b I know my place in this world. I know what I am meant to do, and I know what others expect of me. It so happens that I am able to converse with almost all forms of nature. I feel that once I gain certain knowledge it is my duty to pass it on.
Sometimes I take my job too seriously and I can be stubborn and rigid, but it is a big responsibility, and I don't want to fail at it.
There is a storm brewing tonight. Do I know what I need to know about storms to be able to do my job effectively, and give these woodfolk the answers that will help keep them safe? It's something I have to stay on top of all of the time.

3.1c Hmmmmm! This one is sort of easy, but I sure didn't see it coming from this card.
I often feel this way with my kids. I feel it is important to share with them everything I've learned, whether from my distant or recent past. Someday, like little birds in the wood, they must fly and I often fear that I may not have prepared them properly. They may not be ready! Gads! What if I forgot to tell them something really important?!
It's a job I take very seriously. Oh, and I can be stubborn and rigid, too. So they tell me.

geministar

Step 3 - Druidcraft - The Moon

1. The dogs on the pathway looking up at and howling at the moon seem a bit distressed or worried while the crab on the rock seems like he is hiding behind it to peer quietly at the dogs. Although it is night, the sky is bright because the moon is illuminated. Apart from the dogs howling, it is very quiet. Faintly though, the waters soft ripple of the water come in to the shore. I get a couple of feelings from this card, quietness from the night sky and the little crab but then a type of anxiety from the dogs.

2. I am happy to sit quietly on this rock, hidden, watching those dogs both sitting next to the other howling away while looking up at the sky. Its night time and apart from the noise of those dogs it would be very quiet, I can feel the rippling of the water into my back. The sound of the water at night is so relaxing but those dogs are making me feel a bit worried and anxious.

3. General situations in which my environment have shown such qualities is when I come home late at night or if I am somewhere late at night (although not necessarily, late, just dark) going to my car and having like a scared feeling of being out in the dark, not knowing or seeing what is out there lurking. I am always a bit anxious, everything seems still and quiet, and then if the moon is full the feeling is worse mainly because of all the tales that go with the moon.

Jewel

For Gem

geministar said:
3. General situations in which my environment have shown such qualities is when I come home late at night or if I am somewhere late at night (although not necessarily, late, just dark) going to my car and having like a scared feeling of being out in the dark, not knowing or seeing what is out there lurking. I am always a bit anxious, everything seems still and quiet, and then if the moon is full the feeling is worse mainly because of all the tales that go with the moon.
OHHHHH you made me feel that!!! ~shudders~ ... creepy feeling.

I thought it was interesting that in Step 3.1 you noted that the dogs had anxiety, and then in Step 3.2, when you became the crab it was you feeling the anxiety and the dogs became part of the background. You absorbed the feeling ... and well step 3.3 really pulled that together. The dogs in essense are part of the fear of the night with their haunting sound ... creepy *LOL*. Not sure I will be able to look at a traditional moon card with the dogs without thinking of this.

geministar

Hi Jewel,

I really felt the card too doing that exercise. I thought I was more suited to the crab because I prefer to take note of my surroundings and quietly watch what is going on around me. I hope I didnt scare you too much!

Jewel I really like the star card you are working on with the FM, its so different. Maybe all the study you will be doing with this card through the book will help you focus on a more peaceful life (?).

nicki

21 ways to read a Tarot Card - Step 3

Step 3 – Thoth Tarot – The Lovers - Emotions

UNITY, POWER & EXTRAVANGANCE

Step 3.1 ~ The main emotion I feel with this card is power, probably because of the large hooded figure which dominates the card and seems to possess so much power. I can’t decide whether he is trying to gain power over the couple or trying to empower them. Another strong feeling of this card is unity of man and woman, black and white. It also has an extravagant feel possibly because the couple wear robes and crowns and the colours are so bold and vibrant.

Step 3.2 ~ I am a cherub/cupid at the top of this card, I know where my arrow is supposed to go but as I am blindfolded I have no power as to were my arrow will end up. I feel dominated and powerless against a large force I have no idea if he represents good or evil or what his intention is. I have a general feel of happiness and warmth and I hope this comes from the couple I am supposed to be helping.

Step 3.3 ~ The first personal situation which I thought of was when I was out with a friend watching the six nations rugby in a local pub and a guy caught her eye, he was wearing a Welsh rugby top and she is a staunch England fan and she refused to go and speak to him. So half time I went to the bar to buy a drink and just happened to accidentally on purpose walk past him and commented on his shirt, so we got chatting about the game and eventually he came to sit with us and to cut a long story short they got married just over 2 years ago on the day Wales and England played their six nations match and yes it was the day Wales triumphed and went onto win the grand slam. The things us cupids have to do!!!!

Jewel

For Nicki

I love how the real life situation you described really fits your emotional descriptions. Specially putting you from the "cupid" perspective, with "sports alliances" being the "wizzard", and your friend and the guy being the actual lovers.

Perhaps the wizzard only has the power that we give him/her ...

Jewel

geministar said:
Jewel I really like the star card you are working on with the FM, its so different. Maybe all the study you will be doing with this card through the book will help you focus on a more peaceful life (?).
Yes she is quite ... how should I put it ... interesting and original. The funny thing is that I went from not really liking her too much to being so fond of her that now that I am cought up in my "Steps" I am missing her *LOL*.

As you move through the Steps you will see where she has led me ... all I can say is that 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card is much much more than an exercise book in learning how to read tarot. It is a tool through which to honestly look at your own self.

I encourage you, and all others who have joined, to stick with this study group, it is very rewarding on a personal level. It really is fantastic to see more people joining in.

squeakmo9

nicki said:
Step 3 – Thoth Tarot – The Lovers - Emotions

UNITY, POWER & EXTRAVANGANCE

Step 3.3 ~ The first personal situation which I thought of was when I was out with a friend watching the six nations rugby in a local pub and a guy caught her eye, he was wearing a Welsh rugby top and she is a staunch England fan and she refused to go and speak to him. So half time I went to the bar to buy a drink and just happened to accidentally on purpose walk past him and commented on his shirt, so we got chatting about the game and eventually he came to sit with us and to cut a long story short they got married just over 2 years ago on the day Wales and England played their six nations match and yes it was the day Wales triumphed and went onto win the grand slam. The things us cupids have to do!!!!

Wow, this is great Nicki!
Seems that you were the "wizard"(the Hermit) in this scenero...bringing two elements that appear to oppose each other, together.
What a blessing you provided that day!!
:)

dadsnook2000

I guess

I guess the reasons why we each picked the card we did was because it brings something of ourselves forward -- an event, a feeling, a personal triumph, anything that we seem to have forgotten but which represents something very important and half-hidden.

Of course, this is the power of the Tarot, it mirrors in each of its 78 looking glasses, aspects of our lives. All, its make for an interesting form of "diary" in the way it puts together memories, likes, challenges and solutions for us to find. Dave

punchinella

I Got The Book Today

:D :D :D (It's awesome)

. . . & Step 3, Herbal Tarot, The World

1) Last time I studied this card I perceived antagonism between Sun & West Wind, the two 'parent' figures sustaining the card's central subject, Comfrey. Today, for some reason, I perceive no such antagonism. The two parent figures enjoy one another . . . they are, in fact, amused by their own differences, which is a characteristic of a healthy couple. All at the moment seems to be focused on nurturing their child: West Wind blows precipitation for the express purpose of refreshing the Comfrey plant, and Madam Sun shines in order to nourish. Each parent does what s/he does best; one feeds, the other waters; all is peace and harmony. The Comfrey plant, innocent, relaxes and takes all in as a matter of course; neither toiling nor spinning. The hoop is a silent comment on it all, and a gentle one: another nurturing presence in a way (the invisible--spinning--grandmother, she of silver hair and nimble fingers, viewing and moderating from afar . . . always sensed, but never seen.)

2) I, Madam Sun, bringer of warmth and lady of golden light, conjoin with my husband, West Wind, in a single purpose. I, West Wind, master of air and salt and water, join with my wife today to focus on the welfare of our child, Comfrey. I, Comfrey, am feeling protected today since both of my parents are up above me watching. I feel free to focus on the things that really matter: Oh, the air, the air, I think I'll just stretch my green tips up a little higher to touch a bit more of it, and the bells at the tips of my fingers which are also eyes, gee, I think I can see an ant crawling across the sand, how odd, I wonder if I could stretch down a bit further to see where he's got to . . . I, Comfrey's grandmother, with my gnarled joints, bent over here beside this hoop, can feel just by watching the tender thing what it is to be a young slip again. It almost makes me forget my condition. And, soon enough I will forget . . . I will pass on, into the space between this world and the next one . . . and of that I am glad. A day like today, such a gentle day, so soft, makes me almost ready to slip away altogether. I do not believe that I will be missed.

3) I am reminded of the bluebells that used to grow on the slope overlooking the creek when I was very young. They were magical and oh-so-small, and there was a scent that came out of a pink tube with tiny flowers printed on it, which I think my mother called Lily of the Valley. There were also very old ladies in pale aqua-colored dress suits, with white lace collars and high quavery voices, who used to sing "Fairest Lord Jesus" in church. They had long yellowish-white braids pinned up in circles around their heads, and little crocheted lace doilies pinned right to the centers of the circles. It seemed impossible that their voices could go up so high. They smelled like lilacs, a lavendar-colored sort of a scent; but never actually like lavendar.