21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step SEVEN

Jewel

faunabay said:
7:1:3
The knight of swords is about a person who confidently steps out into the unknown. She is looking for adventure but at the same time knows she can handle anything that comes up almost to the point of being arrogant.
I really like this descirption. Sounds a bit like the Fool. Do think there is any relation between your Knight of Swords and the Fool? Is the Knight confident because she has analyzed her options before stepping out into the unknown?

coyoteblack

its funny how the knight of swords can be so very smart and quick witted but come across as such a arragant priss. I like you decription it might be one of the less harsh I have herd .

dadsnook2000

Knights and Fools

The image of a Knight, for me, suggests one who has had training and developed skills, has confidence in him/herself, has a general purpose in life, and is oriented to taking on missions with expectations of success.

The Fool, it seems, has a contrary meaning. No knowledge of training or of skill sets, total unconcern over his unpreparedness, little thought about where he/she is going, and being oriented to pursuing curiosity and discovery without expectations.

These are the differences as I see them. I'm sure that the similarities Jewel mentioned could be expanded also. The end result is that we all often find ourselves in one role or the other. That is why we relate so well to most of the card images. They are us, we are them. Mirrors. Dave

Jewel

dadsnook2000 said:
I'm sure that the similarities Jewel mentioned could be expanded also. The end result is that we all often find ourselves in one role or the other. That is why we relate so well to most of the card images. They are us, we are them. Mirrors. Dave
My comment about similiraties were specifically related to Faunabays description of the Knight of Swords "stepping confidently into the unknown." I agree with you Dave that the Knight has skills and expects success, the Fool steps in regardless of consequence hoping for the best. They both have confidence in their own way. The Knight of Swords based on his skills/knowledge (or percieved skills/knowledge) and quick wit, the Fool becuase he trusts. The similarity is they both step with confidence, the reasons are quite different to me. Does that make any sense?

faunabay

Jewel said:
My comment about similiraties were specifically related to Faunabays description of the Knight of Swords "stepping confidently into the unknown." I agree with you Dave that the Knight has skills and expects success, the Fool steps in regardless of consequence hoping for the best. They both have confidence in their own way. The Knight of Swords based on his skills/knowledge (or percieved skills/knowledge) and quick wit, the Fool becuase he trusts. The similarity is they both step with confidence, the reasons are quite different to me. Does that make any sense?

I do see your point here. I hadn't thought about it that way. But it is true that while they both have confidence from different things they do both step into the unknown confidently. hmmm.... that's a really different but good way to think about the knight of swords. Almost the Fool is his/her own way.

But like you said this knight's skills and knowledge are sometimes "perceived", not necessarily true skills and knowledge. She/he THINKS the skill level is higher than it really is and that could cause problems.

nicki

Just reading step 7 and I have a question about the page of pentacles. I'm using the Thoth deck and I don't have a page of pentacles!! I have a Princess, Prince, Queen and Knight,so do I use the princess or prince?

nicki

coyoteblack

nicki said:
Just reading step 7 and I have a question about the page of pentacles. I'm using the Thoth deck and I don't have a page of pentacles!! I have a Princess, Prince, Queen and Knight,so do I use the princess or prince?

nicki

no worries the princess is the page prince is the knight. Have a great time

nicki

thanks coyoteblack, don't think it makes a difference, but I wanted to get it set in my head in case it raises its head later, off I go to do step 7.

nicki

coyoteblack

/cheer nicki

go girl go.....

nicki

21 ways to read a tarot card - Step 7

Step 7.1a ~ Synthesize keywords into a integrative statement for each of these cards –

a) Page of Pentacles (Princess of Disks)
Rank ~ Page ~ newness, immature, curious, receptive
Suit ~ Pentacles/Coins (Disks) ~ security of position, fruits of labour, rewards for work done
Element ~ Earth ~ results, skills, craftsmanship
Mode ~ Court Card ~ a who card, a person or situation.

Synthesis for Page of Pentacles

· Immaturity with money
· A person secure in their position
· Reaping the rewards for hardwork
· Good news about money

b) VIII of Swords (Interference)
Rank ~ Eight’s ~ adjustment, acknowledgment, redirection, control
Suit ~ Swords ~ battle, struggle, logic
Element ~ Air ~ ideas and projects, knowledge, communication
Mode ~ Minor Arcana ~ a what card, events or situation.

Synthesis for VIII of Swords

· Having to re-evaluate attitudes through a given situation
· Struggling to solve a problem
· Looking at the situation logically to achieve a result

c) X Wheel of Fortune (Fortune)

Rank ~ Ten’s ~ fulfilment, completion, renewal
Suit ~ Major ~ courageous, enthusiastic, optimistic
Element ~ Fire ~ wilful, desiring, passionate
Mode ~ Major Arcana ~ a why card, lessons to be learned.

Synthesis for Wheel of Fortune

· Be optimistic, if things are going wrong now, know that things will change for the better
· Feeling good that you have achieved what you wanted to
· Meet the challenge head on

d) Ace of Cups

Rank ~ Aces ~ beginning, creation, opportunity
Suit ~ Cups ~ inner feelings, relationships, amiable
Element ~ Water ~ nuturing, merging, flowing
Mode ~ Aces ~ a where card,

Synthesis for Ace of Cups

· Give and take
· Nurturing of a new relationship
· Beginning of new and exciting opportunities

I will post the rest of step 7 later, I must admit I have found this to be quite a difficult step! I've got to rest my poor overworked brain.

nicki