21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step EIGHT -- part two.

Probie

So, how do I join this little group?

I've got Greer (2006) and have slowly been working through it with my study deck (standard RWS - don't read with it except these exercises). Personally, I'm through Step 11 but a group never hurts as once you get to "00" it's not like you get a cap & gown!

Please let me know!

dadsnook2000

Just jump in, Probie

As long as you have been studying on your own I see no reason not to jump in at the point of your choice. If you have had any exceptional experiences in the earlier steps that you want to share, you can jump back to those one or few steps and do them, and then return to your present point of study. I know that I've had some great experiences with some of these steps, as have had others. Dave

Probie

dadsnook2000 said:
As long as you have been studying on your own I see no reason not to jump in at the point of your choice. If you have had any exceptional experiences in the earlier steps that you want to share, you can jump back to those one or few steps and do them, and then return to your present point of study. I know that I've had some great experiences with some of these steps, as have had others. Dave

Okay, well like I said. No cap & gown for graduating (that's Step 00, the one after Step 21 in case you didn't flip to back to just to get a peek on where you're going! :laugh:), so I see no reason NOT to go back and work with you all as a community while continuing on my own too.

The problem with the solitary path is you have to be extra-ruthless (and extra-kind @ times too) with yourself to make sure you're not giving an exercise the short shrift as - for me @ least - I'm only cheating myself. So I'd love the help and accountability along the path if that's okay with you.

So should I do something with Step 8 or pick-up with Step 9? If the former, what part of Step 8 should I share?

And Dave, thanks for the quick response! :)

Sean (a.k.a., "Probie")

dadsnook2000

No rigid rules . . .

Probie, there are no rigid rules here other than to make an honest effort for your own benefit. When everyone shares whatever they learn and experience, we all gain from that as well as our own work. So, start whereever you wish. Dave

Probie

Sounds good Dadsnook! I went back to page 1 and get it now, it's Activity 8:2 found on page 71 (Greer, 2006). Slow uptake there, but I'll do this one.

This is a really good Step. I was at dinner last night with my wife, sister-in-law, mother-in-law, and grandmother-in-law. We were talking about difficult times and asking for help at one point in the conversation. I just piped in during a lull and said, "Lean on me" in monotone and they all nodded. The mere name of the song stands for the whole, esp. the chorus...

"Lean on me when you're not strong, and I'll be a friend and help you carry on. For it won't be long, before I'm going to need someone to lean on."

...and conveys the idea in a tight package. I'll share mine by tonight for sure! :)

Probie

Activity 8:2

RWS Tarot
7/The Chariot

1. List of Meatphors:

*"Right to the top."
*"Straight to the top."
*"On top of your game."
*"Leader of the pack."
*"Right out front."
*"In a ticker-tape parade."

2. Finishing Statements

*"I'm on top of my game."
*"I'm on right out front."
*"The figure in the chariot feels like he's right out front all by himself."
*"The figure in the chariot is on top of his game, but it takes all he's got to stay there."

3. Metaphors suggestion about my situation:

I have come to a place where I am finally taking off in my career while simultaneously finishing up my master's degree. These are welcomed changes, but they are a lot of major changes and so have become big stressors.

Can I get more hours once I graduate to help mitigate against the impending onslaught of student loans? Can I maintain the momentum and good will I have been working hard for at my new position in human/social services?

These are serious concerns and I feel like the figure in the chariot who has the whole town behind him[? - well, it can be a "he" for me as I'm a "he" and that's what I need for the reading] which he both represents and defends. They are counting on him to continue being good at what he does, but if he fails what does that mean for him? Will they help him or turn on him? Will they punish him for <gasp!> just being a human being?

P.S., I just looked at the dates on these posts and realized how old they are - yikes! - but I hope to find the newer ones too!

Joon

dadsnook2000 said:
Following the lead of the Emperor card, and to counter your feeling of being boxed in as well as not appearing competent to interviewers, why not volunteer for a job with your town or city or a charity organization doing the office/admin work you are seeking?

This would get you out of the house, develop or enhance the skills that you claim to have, demonstrate your ability to do what you are seeking to do, and may lead to contacts that in turn lead to a job. Now, that would be just what the Emperor would decide to do --- take active charge of the situation. Dave

Hi Dave --

This is exactly what I have on my agenda for next week (following the New Year). Thank you for linking it to my card -- I hadn't made that association.

Cheers!

Also - hi Probie! I'm just moving on with Step 9, and I think there are a couple of others working on the book at about this point as well.

Probie

Joon said:
Also - hi Probie! I'm just moving on with Step 9, and I think there are a couple of others working on the book at about this point as well.

Hi Joon! Now that I get this part of the forum (or maybe "getting it better"?), I went back and did Steps #1 & 2. I'll probably move on through a few more quickly before school & work return with a vengance. Hopefully I can be back to Nine before that happens!

Erinyes

21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card, Results of Step 8

Until finding this extraordinary book, my understanding of the tarot was limited and floundering. Simple memorization of key words or phrases seemed wrong to me. Different decks sometimes speak in different tongues, or different points of view. Very confusing. Now, I'm "beginning to see the light".
I have just finished chapter 8 with my chosen card, the King of Wands and the deck of my heart, Shadowscapes.
So, here goes metaphors I have come up with for my King of Wands:

"beginning to see the light" (you saw that one coming)
"Go towards the light"
"Breaking new ground"
"Exploring strange new worlds"
"to boldly go where no man has gone before" (hey, I grew up on Star Trek!)
"the road less taken"
"king of the forest"
"king of beasts"
"You light up my life"
"A shining example"
"a bright idea"
"a flash of light"
"where you lead, I will follow"

Althea Nokomis

The Empress

Hello all, I am another newbie to jump on the bandwagon a little late in the game.

I can come up with metaphors but not for my card The Empress. Side note, Then Empress is both my personality card and my soul card and it was chosen completely by random after some serious card shuffling...how cool is that?

But if you will allow a late comer I would love some ideas for metaphors for her.

I have been doing the book alone up until now but would love to join in here with you kind folks. It didn't look like there was any current participation going on until I just checked again this morning. I am so excited to have tarot buddies as I progress on this wonderful journey:)