21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step FOURTEEN

nicki

thanks Dave I think I think I will try that approach.

nicki

nicki

I've struggled with this step, so I have decided to draw 2 new cards today and try this step again, I refuse to give up.

nicki

dadsnook2000

Encouragement

Once in awhile we run into a brick wall. You can wait for a few days to pass (like I did at one step), your can try a different approach, you can just skip forward and come back to the challenge later, or you can ask for some help.

Don't beat yourself up. The idea behind all of this is to learn and gain insights into the cards and into ourselves. We are the cards. We can learn about the cards and the blockages when we come to a halt.
** What card(s) seem to be associated with the blockage?
** What don't we like, what do we like about this/these card(s)?
** How does our frustration feel to us?
** Can you associate this frustration or blockage with a life experience?

Just as in Astrology, Tarot can present us with two factors that just don't seem to go together. Not necessarily "opposites" but two things that just don't seem to be associated or disassociated. I did a chart for an AT member just two days ago that had such a strange condition. The secret in understanding the issue was to to treat each factor on its own and see them as an incongruity. This is exactly what this person experienced: two sides to an issue that one would never expect to encounter. It was a dilemma. Just saying what it was was enough to bring the issue into the open where it could be seen for what it was. Be flexible. Relax. We are here to help if need be. Dave

nicki

thanks dave, I think i was trying to rush myself and didn't really give this step the time it deserved, i have drawn two new cards and hey presto things just seemed more positive and made alot more sense. I think its a gemini thing, one parts goes yeh go on you can do more, the other part goes no, sit down and have 5 and its a toss of a coin who wins.

nicki

nicki

21 ways to read a tarot card - step 14

Ok ladies and gents, here's attempt 2 at step 14!!

Step 14 ~ Dignity & Theme

Step 14.1 Look at your chosen card and two additional cards, list the similarities and differences among them. What do these suggest?

Card 1 ~ The Lovers
Card 2 ~ 6 of Cups (pleasure)
Card 3 ~ The Aeon

Similarities between the Lovers & 6 of Cups
** even numbers
** cards are number 6
** there’s a lot of orange and yellow in both cards

Differences between the Lovers & 6 of Cups

** major arcana and minor arcana
** human figures on Lovers and not on 6 of Cups
** there’s quite a lot of green on 6 of Cups, non on the Lovers
** animals on Lovers, not on 6 of Cups

Similarities between the 6 of Cups and The Aeon

** even numbers
** use of orange, yellow & green

Differences between the 6 of Cups and The Aeon

** major arcana and minor arcana
** human figure on Aeon and non on 6 of Cups
** quite a lot of blue on the Aeon and not on the 6 of Cups

Similarities between the The Lovers and The Aeon

** major arcana cards
** both even numbers
** human figures on both
** orange and yellow in both cards
** animals in both cards

Differences between the The Lovers and The Aeon

** green and blue in Aeon and not in Lovers
** figures in the lovers are facing each other, in the Aeon the figure faces forward

Comparing the similarities and differences of the 3 cards - As we have 2 majors this suggests a bigger issue has to be dealt with and as the cards are all evened numbered this suggests that balance has been found in the situation, the 6’s support this theory as they stand for union, co-operation and support, again supported by the suit of cups. (this is all sounding a bit to good to be true really, I’m looking for the catch!!).

Step 14.2 In your three-card spread, are any suits, elements, numbers or symbols repeated? Is there a sequence, what do these suggest?

Card 1 ~ The Lovers (Issue)
Card 2 ~ 6 of Cups (Pro’s)
Card 3 ~ The Aeon (Next Step)

The issue from step 12 was do I trust my instincts and fight for this relationship? Straight away I note that the first two cards are 6’s, which going back to step 5 indicates co-operation, balance and choice all the cards are even numbers which again indicates balance.

The Lovers is represented by air, the suit of cups by water and the Aeon (judgement) by fire, so there is a neutral combination between air and water, the Aeon (judgement) is fire, so there is a friendly combination between The Lovers and Aeon, with Aeon and Cups being unfriendly. I think the friendly and neutral outweigh the unfriendly element here with the influence of even numbers of all the cards and the first 2 being 6’s.

There is orange and yellow in all 3 cards which indicates energy, joy, light and happiness, so this is a good combination of colours. There is also green which stands for healing and regeneration.

So my conclusion to all this is, if I trust my instincts and choose to stay in this relationship then I must let go of the past feelings and enjoy the new stage and revival of this relationship, I must learn to look at the relationship as a whole and judge it as so, not analyse this bit and forget about that bit (which I do tend to do!!).

nicki

Jewel

Great job Nicki! I also think it is telling you that if you choose to stay in the relationship, you need to learn from the past (what does not break us makes us stronger), but you have to put it behind you as a lesson learned and not keep going back to it.

nicki

Yeh, I agree Jewel, I do have a tendancy to dredge things up that have happened years ago!! One of my mums favourite things to say to me is that I forgive but never ever forget!!

nicki

Starling

I used a four card spread in Step 12. I'm using the RWS deck.

My chosen card is the 9 of Pentacles.
My Next Step is the Ace of Swords.
The Hierophant can help me break my block.
The Outcome is the Ace of Cups.

Each card is from a different "suit" counting the Majors as a suit. The only suit that is missing is Wands, but Mary Greer suggests that we not "count" a missing suit. Cups and Pentacles are "female" suits, and Swords is a "male" suit. Two of the cards have figures in them.

The two Aces.

Hands hold symbolic object.
Hands come out of clouds.
There is gold on the card, in the Cup and in the Sword's crown.
The sky is grey.
The hands come from different directions.
One hand is male, one female.

There are drops in the air on both cards but on the Sword they are yellow or gold, and on the Cup they are drops of water.

The two figure cards.

Both figures (main figure on Hierophant) wear red although the shades are different and the figure on the 9 of Pentacles (the lady) wears red as a lining of her garment.
Both figures hold symbols of their position. The Hierophant has a triple cross scepter; The lady holds a hooded falcon.
There are two pillars on The Hierophant and he sits between them; there are two trees in the background on the 9 of Pentacles and the lady stands between them.
Lilies and roses appear on the robes of the "monks" on The Hierophant; ripe grapes on the 9 of Pentacles. These are symbols of abundance.
One figure is male, the other female.
She is alone; he has two monks at his feet.
He sits directly facing front; her body faces one way and her head and gaze face towards the bird on her wrist.
The 5 and the 9 are both odd numbers. In fact all four cards are odd numbers since the Aces are 1s.
It is possible that both of these cards are Earth cards. I went online to find out what element the Hierophant belonged to and most of the sites said Earth.

Well, it was interesting, and yes, as usual I learned some new things. I never thought of the Majors as having an Element before, for example. That the two Aces were related was obvious to me, but the two "figure" cards also turned out to be very related. And I found the one male, one female realization interesting when it occurred in both sets of cards.

squeakmo9

Starling said:
My chosen card is the 9 of Pentacles.
My Next Step is the Ace of Swords.
The Hierophant can help me break my block.
The Outcome is the Ace of Cups.

The two Aces.

Hands hold symbolic object.
Hands come out of clouds.
There is gold on the card, in the Cup and in the Sword's crown.
The sky is grey.
The hands come from different directions.
One hand is male, one female.

There are drops in the air on both cards but on the Sword they are yellow or gold, and on the Cup they are drops of water.

The two figure cards.

Both figures (main figure on Hierophant) wear red although the shades are different and the figure on the 9 of Pentacles (the lady) wears red as a lining of her garment.
Both figures hold symbols of their position. The Hierophant has a triple cross scepter; The lady holds a hooded falcon.
There are two pillars on The Hierophant and he sits between them; there are two trees in the background on the 9 of Pentacles and the lady stands between them.
Lilies and roses appear on the robes of the "monks" on The Hierophant; ripe grapes on the 9 of Pentacles. These are symbols of abundance.
One figure is male, the other female.
She is alone; he has two monks at his feet.
He sits directly facing front; her body faces one way and her head and gaze face towards the bird on her wrist.

You've described your cards well Starling, but what else do they suggest other than numbers and elements?
Reason being, for instance...in the Aces (RWS)...one hand holds a cup in its palm, the Swords grips...what does this mean to you as far as "next step"(Ace of Sword) and "outcome" (Ace of Cups)?
Not trying to be a hardass, Starling, just wanting to see more of what these cards mean to you.
:)

dadsnook2000

Permit me . . .

Permit me to add a little something here as well.

This is for all of us -- some times it helps to think of any card and how it might be used as a "past issue", as a "present circumstance", as a "resource for help", as a "future direction" or as "something you need to know."

Any card can take on different meanings depending upon what position it holds in a spread or relative to a card on either side of it when in some spreads. We gain a lot when we see the card in a wider, deeper, different way than we do when just glancing at it. Hope this helps. Dave