21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step EIGHTTEEN

dadsnook2000

The nature of these challenging steps is picking up -- Drawing, Feeling, now Imagination. This step is all about animating that card, letting it move on in terms of other actions, direction, introducing new characters, -- LIVING ITS OWN LIFE. We have bonded with our card, we have gotten inside it. Now we are going to set it free, sort of, to continue from its snap-shot motionless being into a living tableau.

We have been inside our card before, now we go back in again and let our imagination take us, the card's character(s), the implied and possible (even the impossible or improbable) actions wherever . . .

Step 18:1.
You are a figure on the card. What are you doing? Where are you going? How do you feel? What do you expect?

Step 18:2.
Takes notes on your experience. Reflect, add or edit your notes. How is this step different from the previous one? Dave

Jewel

Step 18 - Fantastic Menagerie

STEP 18: IMAGINATION
Deck: Fantastic Menagerie
Card: The Star

18:1.1
- What figure on the care are you? The dragonfly.

- Are you standing, sitting, or laying down? I am standing perched on the Ibis-Woman's shoulder.

- What are you holding? I am holding onto the Ibis-Woman's shoulder.

- What gestures are you making? I'm smiling, and slowly adjusting my wings to maintain my balance.

- How do you feel? I feel daring, a little nervous, adventursome.

- What is your relationship to other being in the this card? I'm nothing to the Ibis-Woman, but she does seem to like my companionship. Perhaps we will become friends. The fish definetly think I'm food, so they are predators and definetly to be avoided at all cost as far as I'm concerned. I like the Ibis-Woman; she smells like flowers, and she is pretty and graceful.

18:1.2. I really enjoyed being the dragonfly. I loved the feeling of having wings and them effortlessly adjusting to help me maintain my balance. I liked the "adventure" sensation, it was like a personal inner secret. I felt courage too. I also felt protected, while at the same time a little nervous and scared. I was daring, which is what made me smile. I really tried to ignore the fish, they are what made me feel nervous, one slip and I might have been fish food.

This was a lot different from the embodiement exercise for me. I like writing short stories on occassion, so the imagination step was much more natural and comfortable to me. It was familiar. I found the step to be more free and fun.

Attachments

• FM Star.JPG
    FM Star.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 672

coyoteblack

Nice work jewel I like how you " smelled " the ibis woman as that is kind of hard to do in meditation. I see you really dont like those fish we will have to go fishing one of these days.

Also I though it was cool instead of takeing the main character you went for the smaller dragon fly.

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
Nice work jewel I like how you " smelled " the ibis woman as that is kind of hard to do in meditation. I see you really dont like those fish we will have to go fishing one of these days.

Also I though it was cool instead of takeing the main character you went for the smaller dragon fly.
For some reason I have always been drawn to the dragonfly in this card. There is just something special about him.

And I think I will pass on the fishing, I am allergic to eating fish and think of it as animal cruelty on my part to catch them since I cannot eat them. But I am up for a visit to some acquariums or go snorkling *LOL*. I do love swimming with them.

dadsnook2000

Fish

Fish -- they are ugly, smelly and someone went to a lot of trouble to hide them underwater. So, leave them there. Dave

PS: Can you believe that anyone from New England doesn't like fish and crawly things from the ocean? It must be fate that I've ended up with a fish pond, a river and two waterfalls in the front-yard rock garden with 18 fish that I have to take care of. Still, I don't like fishing and don't care to eat them.

coyoteblack

Dave you mightbe thrown out of New England for those comments!!
Jewel I cant eat fish either the oil in it makes me gag.

I should have my star done tonight.

BTW Dave jewele and I were discussing the adept steps are we going to do them like these steps or each of us pick say 15 that we resonate with? and will the be more then a week long?

Jewel

dadsnook2000 said:
Fish -- they are ugly, smelly and someone went to a lot of trouble to hide them underwater. So, leave them there. Dave

PS: Can you believe that anyone from New England doesn't like fish and crawly things from the ocean? It must be fate that I've ended up with a fish pond, a river and two waterfalls in the front-yard rock garden with 18 fish that I have to take care of. Still, I don't like fishing and don't care to eat them.
Dave that is so harsh! ~chuckles~. Perhpas Coyoteblack and I will come feed your fish, bet they pop up to the surface like the ones in my Star card when they see food coming *LOL*.

Actually as a good pisces I love to watch fish swiming around. I went literally nuts when I went scuba diving, it was heaven. I would so move into an underwater city given the chance. The colors in the ocean are simply amazing. There is a vastness and freedom that cannot be equaled .... oooppps sorry ... off topic, I'll be quiet now.

dadsnook2000

Adept Level of 21 Steps.

I haven't really looked much at the Adept steps yet. We can certainly discuss how we want to approach them. While we could do a portion of them, I feel that the sequence of steps that Mary Greer has followed has had the benefit of later steps being built from/upon some of the earlier steps. That is helpful.

As for timing, I have generally been initiating follow-on steps once I see that most of those participating in the earlier step or two have posted. I have varied between 5 days and 8 or 9 days for the most part. We can also do something such as pick two or three cards ahead of time and use which ever of those that best suits the step and our interest that we are currently on.

So, I think we can have a discussion on this and take the suggestions that seem to have the most support and least objection and see if we can incorporate them into a process. NOW -- do we want another thread just for this discussion? Or, do you all want to just fold in comments as we move along? Dave

coyoteblack

I am thinking a different discussion thread would be great so it is easier to see the progression.

In the end of the book in the appendix( the only part I have cheeted honest)

she lists types of readers and what steps they would use. maybe pick a few types and run with it.

As some really enjoy othrs more then others. Like i enjoy metaphores and hate drawing.

Jewel

dadsnook2000 said:
So, I think we can have a discussion on this and take the suggestions that seem to have the most support and least objection and see if we can incorporate them into a process. NOW -- do we want another thread just for this discussion? Or, do you all want to just fold in comments as we move along? Dave
Yes, lets have a new thread to plan this. As I was telling Coyoteblack, I see the Apprentice steps as essential (in doing them all) to experience each way. But I see the Adept Steps as the next level, where one would focus on the steps one has found most useful for their style of reading. The Graduate level per se.

I would still think it important to not dismiss any step, so we would be responsible for reading through them carefully and then posting why we are not choosing to do that step. Those who want to do the step move forward with it. I think most of us that choose to puruse the Adept Steps have seen the benefits and will do a majority of the Steps, but there are some that will not suit our styles. As Coyoteblack noted, Mary lists some things that certain types of readers are most likely to use, that is a great starting point. Just my two pearls.

P.S. I hate metaphors, but like drawing ;)