21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step TWENTYONE

coyoteblack

for Dave

When I was in the MArines I lived in okinawa for 2 years they look down on a woman in the same situation as well. It is real nice that you care that much about her.

I think if anything i will gain a entire new way of looking at the Tarot. I might see mary at the next Tarot Studio I cant wait to tell her how much the book has helped.

I think when I am done with the adept level i will go through this deck and pick out a few steps and re learn the tarot of dreams.

dadsnook2000

Another vacation

I'll be gone for three days to enjoy the sea shore. Will catch up with you all later. Dave

Jewel

dadsnook2000 said:
I think tarot will never be quite the same for us again. But, that is what this has all been about.
I could not agree more with you and Coyoteblack on this one. And though the study has been primarily with one card, I see every card with so much more depth now. Personally I don't think I will have trouble incorporating this depth and new meanings into a reading, but I do think I am becoming a better reader. This book teaches you to read from the heart in a manner of speaking, and as that is from where my reading strength comes from this experience has been profound for me. I will definetly do this again and again, particularly with cards that I have more trouble with.

squeakmo9

Step 21

Patience
Communication
Clarity

I started this journey with the RWS 5 of swords on Feb 25th 2007. Since then this exercise and this card have shown me how to look at an event from all sides, relate it to other happenings, and allow the passage of time to reveal its lessons to me. I think I’m learning to be patient.

My affirmations would be:

Patience- I easily allow life to flow at a natural pace.

Communication- I communicate my needs clearly and at appropriate times.

Clarity- I am aware of my feelings at any given time, and will refrain when necessary.

I just wanted to take the time to say "thanks" to Dave for organizing this amazing exercise, it has proven to be very helpful and healing.
Another thanks to Mary Greer, your 21 Ways is a great book, not only to understand tarot but also therapy for the soul. I'm very grateful!
:love:

coyoteblack

I like you affirmations and new way of looking at eh 5 of swords . also nice job catching up.

Jewel

Step 21: Fantastic Menagerie

I had not realized that I had STILL not posted this *LOL*. It was completed on 07/13. Well better late than never.

STEP 21: THE POSSIBLE SELF
DECK: Fantastic Menagerie
CARD: Star

21:1.1 - Qualities in my Star card that I would like to develop:
- Her connection with her environment
- Her serenity
- Her true understanding of of inter-connectedness
- Her uninhibitedness

21:1.2 - Expanding on one or two phrases:

1) Serenity is something I have been striving towards for years. Naturally I am pretty high strung and over the years have really mellowed out, much with the help of the Tarot. But I am still not where I want to be. She is peaceful, serene, and graceful. I still have some moodiness and reactiveness to work out.

2) I love how connected my Ibis-Woman is to her environment. She has an awareness and understanding of it adn that she is a part of it and it is a part of her. I have escapist tendencies, and tend to retreat from my "real" environment in favor of my own little world when ever I get the chance, and sometimes when I shouldn't. It is a nice world by the way! :D ... guess that is what makes it so hard to integrate into my "real" environment.

21:1.3 Turning negatives into positives:

1) I have made great strides in the journey of attaining serenity, yet yearn for further growth in this area.

2) I would like to be more connected to the real world and spend more time in it than I do, specially when I really NEED to be in it emotionally.

21:1.4 Write an affirmation using the phrases written:
1) I am connected to my environment and feel complete.
2) I am serene and I can see all of the opportunities and adventures ahead of me.
3) I understand the inter-connectedness of life events and actions and steer my in a positive direction through that connection.
4) I am uninhibited and love all that I am and will become.

21:1.5 Refining affirmations:
1) I connect to my environment and know completeness.
2) My serenity lets me see the opportunities and adventures ahead and enjoy them.
3) My life is positive because I know that actions, events, and people are all connected.
4) I love all of me now and in the future.

And now .... onto the Moon card with Coyoteblack!

Attachments

• FM Star.JPG
    FM Star.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 552

coyoteblack

To the Moon Card!!

I like how you equated the Star to serenity that is one of the main ways I have grown to see her as well.

Nice affirmations as well

nicki

21 ways to read a tarot card - Step 21

Step 21.1 Take your chosen card, remembering that it has an entire range of meanings. Describe qualities you see in this card that you most want to develop in yourself.

~ communication
~ balance
~ trusting your instincts
~ choice

Expand slightly on one or two of your words or phrases.

Communication ~ By confronting and talking about a situation when it arises, it will lessen the chances of misunderstandings. It’s too easy not to say anything for fear or upsetting someone but its better to clear the air

Balance ~ A partnership must be equal in give and take.

Instincts ~ Trust them, only you know when something feels right, other people can judge but they don’t know how you feel.

Choice ~ We all have a choice no matter what the situation, we must learn to choose wisely.

Write and affirmation, a positive statement about yourself, using words and phrases you have written.

I acknowledge that to trust my instincts was the right decision and now I must bring balance and harmony to my situation.

nicki

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone who has guided me through these steps, its been a very enlightening journey and one that I needed to make, so thanks guys you have been great.

coyoteblack

Congrats on finishing Nicki!! it was great reading your posts . I hope you join is for the Adept lessons.

dadsnook2000

Nice going, nicki

We almost feel like we should get a diploma or something. What we have achieved, each of us, is both a greater understanding of the cards as well as a recognition that the cards can mirror our life and the lives of others. By seeing ourselves through the lens of each/any card's story we gain insights into ourselves, find food for thought, and inspiration to grow/change. There are not too many gifts that can top that. So, let me add my congratulations. Dave