Tarot Gets Everywhere These Days!

Kiama

My boyfriend has recently gone mad about the Sims series of games...

Well, in the Sims, Living It Up, one of the careers you can have is a Tarot Reader! So, naturally, that's what I wannabe on the game!

It seems Tarot is poppng up everywhere though... So, I was wondering where's the strangest place you've seen Tarot mentioned? I've also seen it in a very funny KitKat advert...

Kiama

lunalafey

IN MY BAR

There are these computer/tv games in the bar and you can do several fortune telling a few ways. There are two tarot choices. One can also email from it.(but not recieve)Then of course there are card games and such. only costs a quarter.

Emily

I've been watching Bigbrother 3, UK, and last week they were given two sets of tarot decks - I tried to see which they had been given but I couldn't quite see - I think the one deck had instructions on, they didn't seem to be using a book so that may have been the Rider Waite from the starter set but I didn't get to see the other deck being used.
Its made me curious, none of the housemates except Sophie (she was voted out last night) were even remotely interested in these cards so I don't know what happened to them.
I'm going to email Bigbrother to see if they can tell me what decks they were lol :)

VGimlet

I can't remember when I saw it, but there was a little blip on TV down in our Pioneer Square historic district, and they were talking to a tarot reader. Of course, my interest was "what cards is she using???" I couldn't quite tell. LOL.

(Kiama, if your BF needs any hints for that little obsession they call the Sims, let me know...:D)

kayne

In the first series of Aussie Big Brother last year, Sarah-Marie had the Angel Oracle which she consulted in the herb garden almost every day. Now it is about the most common deck you can buy!

ChrisZ

Ahhh, the Sims, such a classic game driven to death by the increasingly poor add-on packs...The original is the best, I find...I loved getting them awesome furniture and stuff! Yeah, Tarot's everywhere, in movies it's always fun to see the same cards come up again and again (The Lovers, Death, The Fool...) saw some in Charmed the other day...There was a "Despair" card, can you get that?

Kiama

I guessed what deck the BB3 housemates were using... Its only a guess, based on the fact that they had instructions on the cards...

Starter Tarot, or maybe Basic Tarot... I'd love to know if I'm right!

In the first Big Brother (UK), Sada, the first to be evicted, and my all time fave housemate, had a deck of Tarot cards, but I couldn't see which ones... But she was still using a book, and I actually manged to name all the cards she had spread in that readin, by the meanings she read for them! He he... My family thought I was crazy!

Kiama

Liliana

I just started playing an old Playstation game called Persona, part of it you get cards from monsters then merge them together to get stronger characters for yourself, I noticed that all of these new cards you make are classed under a Major card for no apparent reason that i can determine, like one is called Ixl, itll be displayed as MAGICIAN Ixl. Cool, but pointless lol

:THP

P.S.The main character has no default name, so I named him Valerio Pollux ;)

SherryZoned

I saw someone do the Tarot on one of the Real world shows on MTV..They used a rider-waite and the Nancy Garens book Tarot made easy...On a commercial here for Empire Carpet they were making fun of Miss Cleo using a tarot reader..would pull a card and it would have 30% off your carpet purchase..of course the lady was going "I see 30% off your carpet and ohhh -pulls another card- next day delivery!!" the woman on the phone very excited..

kayne

Kiama said:
I actually manged to name all the cards she had spread in that readin, by the meanings she read for them! He he... My family thought I was crazy!
It takes talent to make your family think your crazy! Well done Kiama :D:*:D