Badgers Forest Tarot

bluedogrose

Hi Chiriku, thanks so much.

For me the animals their respective suits was more of a personal thing, based on my own experiences with animals rather than folklore or common assumptions. Badgers are fierce and active animals- action and effort are always something I associate with sword cards. Foxes are emotional beings, and kind of mysterious, sometimes hard to read, they also play hard and are cunning, passionate, things I associate with some cup cards. Rabbits might be a bit harder to fathom, but I've always thought them as surprisingly intelligent and dynamic individuals, and crows are clever but they also can be territorial and have their own inner workings, social structures etc.

As an artist my work is from my own experiences, and the tarot decks evolved as an expression of that. Rather than trying to capture the exact definition of the cards I took a more intuitive approach and perhaps more emotional one, while trying to still honor the tradition and history of tarot. Hope that helps!

truelighth

What a lovely deck again! I surely want a copy too. I guess I will also go the kickstarter route and see how things are sorted with the shipping cost later (like Gregory). Hope you get the funds!

bluedogrose

Thanks Truelighth, I appreciate the support! On my end in Kickstarter it shows the backer rewards you want on my end, but the total pledge including shipping goes to the total (which is good since it brings me closer to the goal). It's been a learning process for sure!
I am quiet pleased with pledges so far, fingers crossed it will happen :)