DISCUSSION THREAD: Tea Leaf Oracle Fortune Cards.

metatron3

I must say, there are quite easy for others when I do readings but for me, they show me the whole big thing like building my whole life-occasion.

There is just one card I couldn't stand seeing anymore : the Vase one ( you have a secret admirer )
if it's a secret admirer, I won't know who it is ! What's the point ?!

Padma

I must say, there are quite easy for others when I do readings but for me, they show me the whole big thing like building my whole life-occasion.

There is just one card I couldn't stand seeing anymore : the Vase one ( you have a secret admirer )
if it's a secret admirer, I won't know who it is ! What's the point ?!

Lol...well, if it kept coming up, someone was secretly in love with you, for sure :) and that's a nice thought, isn't it? (and, it's a signal to pay closer attention to those who are around you, imo...someone might be too shy to come forward with the flowers :) )

DownUnderNZer

I think what is missing is we cant ask a question really and get a specific answer...not even when you do the CAREER, LOVE, HAPPINESS spreads as when I gave that a go some of the cards didnt to me....go with what was being asked.

We all have to use the cards as a reflection, after the fact, post reading comparison and work out how it connects from vague to specific.

It is different in that respect.

Padma

Have to agree with you there, DU...well spotted! They just aren't - dart-like accurate, the way the Lenormands/Tarot are - but then, aren't real tea leaf readings, out of a cup, the same...?

Rae Hepburn

More than happy to help in interpretations.

Hi Everyone:

Let me start with Amanda 04. In her reading she picked VINE (You must seek information that will help you) and DESK (Pay attention to your work). She read this as "information desk." While you can certainly interpret the cards that way, that is not how I would have read them.

My take on that would be "You must seek out information that will help you in your career or work."

VINE represents all the information that is out there that could be helpful to you to better understand or make decisions regarding your marriage, love life, career, etc. However, it is information that you have to find out for yourself. It's there. You just have to access it.

I'll be really happy to answer all your questions, so if you have one, please just pm me. Rae Hepburn

Padma

oh yay! You came by, thank you, Rae!

I have a question - if you are doing a daily draw, is it better to draw 4 or five cards...? As three cards never quite seems to cover the whole events of the day - or the hints are oblique :/ Or, maybe the tea leaves are not suited to daily draws...? Would appreciate your views in that regard!

Also, do the book meanings always apply...or are they very literal for you sometimes?

strangebrew

I find the cards very ambiguous at times...maybe its because there are too many? I have asked a few times about my boyfriend and *rat* has come out....i know this isnt true of him at all, he has proved for years to be faithful and true to me...? Not sure how to interp them sometimes?

:)

celticnoodle

This thread is for those that are using the "Tea Leaf Fortune Oracle Cards" by Rae Hepburn at any level from beginner to more experienced.

The main purpose is to share what each person thinks, experiences and works out using the cards regardless of the spread used. Would be good to see:

1) The different break down of cards each person has worked out that mightn't be in the book.
2) How accurate the cards have been....or not.
3) What you have discovered with them in a "literal sense" compared to what is "written".
4) The frustrations and puzzlement versus straight forward and getting it.
5) Personal thoughts and feelings on the cards in your readings.

It is not only limited to these points outlined above either. :heart:

I think we could learn alot from one another and I'm sure with this thread others could pick up a thing or two now....or in the future!. :)

well, w/o pulling my box out, and since I use them rarely, I'll go by memory. First of all, I LOVE this deck and find it very accurate!

1) The different break down of cards each person has worked out that mightn't be in the book.
1. I do pull out only the cards used for reading--setting the month cards to the side--unless I am doing a reading for 3mos, 6mos, etc. (which is how I generally read with them). but on occasion I have been known to only pull a few cards for myself for the week, etc. just out of fun. I never use them to answer a specific question. I really prefer to use them for long term--what is coming up next week/month/3mos. etc.

2) How accurate the cards have been....or not.
2. Extremely accurate! Uncannily so! Sometimes it even surprises me how accurate they are. If there just were not so many of them, so it was easier to do readings for clients on a regular sized table, I'd use them move. The shear number of cards is what keeps them on my shelf for the most part.

3) What you have discovered with them in a "literal sense" compared to what is "written".
3. I am more of a visual reader with these, and never use the book to see what Rae Hepburn says the meaning is. I like to trust myself and with this deck it is very easy to do so! The images on the cards are quite simple and so I just take a look at them and go with whatever pops in my head first. After that, I also look to see the cards around it and do my best to make the 'meaning' fit with what is near it. It seems to work for me this way.

4) The frustrations and puzzlement versus straight forward and getting it.
I don't particularly care for the cards labeled "career, love, success, etc." I have tried to use them with minimal success. I have tried to pull just one card now and again and sometimes it works out but I feel I get more out of the deck when I do at least a weeks reading worth. However, in order for it to work well for me, I still shuffle all the cards (minus the month cards and the cards mentioned above here) and divide them up into month categories, one at a time. Then, I go back and divide the months pile into a weeks worth. Its a lot of work - but its the way I feel it works best and is most accurate. To just pull out a few cards doesn't seem to work as well for me.

5) Personal thoughts and feelings on the cards in your readings.

However, I must say, this is one of the best oracles out there for long term readings.

Amanda

Hi Everyone:

Let me start with Amanda 04. In her reading she picked VINE (You must seek information that will help you) and DESK (Pay attention to your work). She read this as "information desk." While you can certainly interpret the cards that way, that is not how I would have read them.

My take on that would be "You must seek out information that will help you in your career or work."

VINE represents all the information that is out there that could be helpful to you to better understand or make decisions regarding your marriage, love life, career, etc. However, it is information that you have to find out for yourself. It's there. You just have to access it.

I'll be really happy to answer all your questions, so if you have one, please just pm me. Rae Hepburn

Lovely! I think I have, for the most part, been doing them right then! That is how I was reading them here.. and for myself and my husband.

Formulating the sentences between the cards like you have done is what I stumbled into, but still was finding it difficult sometimes with numerous cards -- like 4 or 5 at a time.

Like, say you pull 5 cards, and you've got most of them that can flow into each other nicely but then you have one with a shorter meaning on it kind of sticking out like a sore thumb... do you give special attention to that card? Or is there some way you can sense a break in the cards -- I guess I'm curious about your mental process when interpreting! :)

Here is an example of the Horse being the sore thumb:

Arrow + Ant + Horse + Dog-Barking
I put: "You are on the right path regarding work, achievement, and success. A short journey will lead to advice from a friend." -- Is that how you would read it?

Broken Ring is another I struggle with, because I don't know when it's referencing romance, or business! Example:

Dagger + Forest + Broken Ring + Beetle
I put: "Fear, worry, or a tense situation will muddle thinking. A parting of the ways (in business?) will bring good fortune." -- I thought it might be business here since there weren't really any love cards...?

Padma

Myself, I think the cards are obliquely literal. I really do think they can mostly be taken at face value - the words on them - to me - don't match up with the meanings. Have also had same experience as CN and DU in that the cards don't seem to match the headers, if you are using one - you know, career, love etc.

I can see how they would be much better at longer-range type predictions...I will have to try month ahead-type readings...and see if those make more sense! CN - you physically shuffle that big deck in your hands? lol!

I wonder, SB, does your boyfriend have a slighter build, or dark hair and eyes, and a moustache...? (whiskers! :laugh: ) they may be implying a physical kind of resemblance - a thinner or wirier person, a physically quick person...? And very bright...

Amanda - I think Rae said if we had more questions, to pm her...I just reread her post - maybe she'd help you with your interps if you go directly to her...?

I also think there are too many cards...