8 of Swords as what is needed?

Intotouch

Hello everyone. Can someone help me figure out the meaning in this card for a tricky situation? I'm on the verge of being fired as a friend. The card that I drew for what the relationship needs to go forward is the eight of swords. I use the Motherpeace deck. From this I deduce that there is no solution. That I need to accept that there's no way through. The friendship's at a dead end and I need to put down these thoughts and walk away. That I should give up. Any other ideas?

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hey there! So I took a look at that deck and saw the 8 of Swords and the first thing that came to me wasn't that you should walk away. I think the 8 of Cups would have signified walking away more than this card. If I'm correct, the 8 of Swords shows a person trapped between brick walls and they're using one of the swords to chip away at the bricks, right? Immediately I thought that this card is telling you to approach the situation from a different angle. What that angle is, I can't tell you. But, like the person in the card, you may be attempting to escape this situation through unsuitable ways that aren't helping you. Instead they're hindering you. You feel trapped right now because what you're currently doing isn't helping. Try to think of other ways that you can try to repair the relationship. I hope this made sense! Good luck!

headincloud

Hi, it could be telling you the relationship is stagnant but this card also means drama, there may be confusion and misunderstanding too so I'd read possible hope depending on the surrounding spread.

IndigoWaves

I'm on the verge of being fired as a friend. The card that I drew for what the relationship needs to go forward is the eight of swords. I use the Motherpeace deck. From this I deduce that there is no solution. That I need to accept that there's no way through. The friendship's at a dead end and I need to put down these thoughts and walk away. That I should give up. Any other ideas?
Attacking a brick wall with swords (as this 8S card depicts) clearly isn't effective, and therefore not "needed" at all... But the woman is either unaware of the fact or just stubbornly refusing to accept it -- striking away repeatedly with focus and drive.

The crows watching her from above, though, are intelligent birds and likely know better... So, what's needed, instead, is to see this "relationship" through their objective eyes: noting that a dead-end wall has been purposely built by your friend, attempts to get through it are wasting energy, and you might never be allowed back in no matter what you do... A conclusion that you already seem to have reached.

Despite your efforts, it looks like this person won't be giving you a break. (Unfortunately, not much of a "friend" to have been fighting for.) Take care.

ThtDancerGuy

Hello everyone. Can someone help me figure out the meaning in this card for a tricky situation? I'm on the verge of being fired as a friend. The card that I drew for what the relationship needs to go forward is the eight of swords. I use the Motherpeace deck. From this I deduce that there is no solution. That I need to accept that there's no way through. The friendship's at a dead end and I need to put down these thoughts and walk away. That I should give up. Any other ideas?

Hi Intotouch,

I like to see the card(s) from the deck used for the reading, so I went on Google and looked it up. If I'm correct the card shows a spartan warrior woman with one Sword stabbing a brick wall surrounding her, obviously to no avail; she has the 7 other Swords lying near her on the ground. Intuitively, as what the relationship needs to move forward, I see the stabbing of the brick wall and I think "beating a dead horse," OR in better terms trying to use logic and the mind to deal with something that clearly does not require that approach. The wall to me is very literal in that there might be a wall, probably emotional/spiritual, up between you two and that's why you're being fired as a friend. The advice here is to put down the Sword – stop thinking with your mind – and climb that damn wall, use your heart and try to connect with and understand your friend on a deep, emotional level. Listen to him or her and be compassionate and empathetic toward his or her feelings right now. Basically, however you perceive "the wall" in your relationship, strive to get over it and onto the other side. That's my intuitive advice.

Intotouch

Hi and thank you all for your kind and wise feedback.
Knight of the Cosmos, I agree with your interpretation. Other ways to repair the relationship I will think have to think of. When someone has stopped speaking to you it's hard to know the next step to take. It feels like there's no way forward.

Headinthecloud, the confusion is correct that your seeing. What i think my friend said to me and what he says he said are chalk and cheese. This is another reason why I don't know what else to say or do next. There maybe is hope but I'm not sure what that could be.

IndigoWaves, indeed this person is not giving me a break. Not right now anyway. Which is hurtful too. I'm the only one making an effort to overcome this disagreement and that makes me think like you suggest that maybe he's not a true friend. Thank you for the advice on finding a different perspective. I will talk with other friends about this and hopefully find a perspective that will help.

TheDancerGuy my friend has stopped speaking to me and I can't force him to so how do I climb this wall? How do I listen to someone who won't talk to me? To be compassionate towards this person sounds great and I will try and figure out a way to express this. Compassion sounds like a wise guiding principle to follow. i will definitely meditate on this. I did think that the damage was done and it's too late but you've given me hope. Maybe if I try to be compassionate he will open up and talk to me again at some point in the future.