Victorian Flower Oracle

baba-prague

One shop in the US is retailing our Flower Oracle bags and decks and perhaps they would take a check? I see that our bags aren't yet on their site (they may still be in transit) but you could ask when they will have them for sale maybe? They took a very nice selection.

http://www.alphastamps.com/news/

HearthCricket

Hey, Baba! This makes me think you should print out stickers with pictures of various cards from your various decks! How fun would that be to stick them on packages, in journals and on envelopes when mailing goodies to our fellow ATers! :)

baba-prague

Jewel said:
Traveler thank you so much for your feedback. I have also seen where some are using it in conjunction with the VR, but I like the VR all by itself. Like you, I think that the VFO and the FM would be interestingly suited for eachother because of the artwork, and you took the thought right out of my head about shuffling the two decks together. Are the cards the same size????? I am really thinking about experementing with blending these two decks as one once I get familiar with the VFO.

(I got the rose baba bag with the green fabric ... can't wait to see it in person!!!)

Yes, they are exactly the same size so in theory could be combined in an interesting way (I must try this - I've been saying I'm going to but got distracted by the Victorian Romantic). Of course, the backs are very different.

Jewel

baba-prague said:
Yes, they are exactly the same size so in theory could be combined in an interesting way (I must try this - I've been saying I'm going to but got distracted by the Victorian Romantic). Of course, the backs are very different.
Karen, being distracted by the Victorian Romantic seems to be a theme around here *LOL*. It quickly has become my primary reading deck and I am not a deck jumper (last two primary decks used for 5 years straight ... still using them just added the VR to the mix).

I will definetly let you know how my experiements go with this combo if you are interested. I am really excited to hear they are the same size, and no matter about the backs afterall they are two separate decks! Hey and might only need the one bag I ordered from you, instead of two bags, if I like the combo! *ROFLMAO*

.traveller.

baba-prague said:
One shop in the US is retailing our Flower Oracle bags and decks and perhaps they would take a check? I see that our bags aren't yet on their site (they may still be in transit) but you could ask when they will have them for sale maybe? They took a very nice selection.

http://www.alphastamps.com/news/

Awesome! Thanks a bunch, I was hoping that some of the US retailers would start carrying them.

HearthCricket

I've started working with this oracle, last night. First, I spent a good deal of time going through the book and the LWB and getting to know the flowers. It helps that I am into all things Victorian and already knew many of the flower meanings, as I have several books on the Language of Flowers. But it was very nice to put it into action. I asked a variety of questions just doing a 1 card pick, to start bonding with the deck. I plan to do the same, this morning, and then later today start with the 3 card spread in the LWB for a few more complicated questions. Not many flowers are out right now, but they will be in the next month, so it is a nice time to pull this out. It goes nicely with a candle and a refreshing cup of tea. I feel like I ought to be dressed in a long gown with lace flounces, while reading this deck. I already refer to it as my "parlour" deck. It reminds me of something a group of Victorian ladies would pull out, for fun, to ask questions and read from while having afternoon tea, with beautiful hats on, gauzy dresses, and floral tea cups. And I love the fact that it doesn't try to soften things, in spite of its sweet and gentle look. It tells you the facts, like the Madame Endora. No fussing around! My LWB does not have anything written or drawn on the cover of it...is anyone elses like that? Anyhow, I rectified the situation by putting some lovely floral stickers on the front! Scones, anyone? :)

frelkins

i too have this charming deck. i find it very sweet. and the large box is quite pretty.

Jewel

I just received my copy of this deck recently, and it is more beautiful in person than online. Another MR treasure. I had read the complete intro to the book, but stopped at the point where the cards start in order to form my own impressions of them prior to reading what the book says about each card and flower. I also ordered a book on flower language that I hope will be helpful as well.

Hearth Crickett I would be very interested in any additional book recommendations you might have on the Language of Flowers.

Perhaps it is because it is spring, but I am really really drawn to exploring this deck right now and trully enjoying it. I am more drawn to exploration than reading with it, mainly because I am not familiar with the Language of Flowers, but this is not deterring me from really appreciating this deck, just means I have a bit of a learning curve.

HearthCricket

The two books that come to mind are:

The Language of Flowers~Sheila Pickles
The Language and Sentiment of Flowers~James D. McCabe

Often you can find these kind of books in the gardening section at your local bookstore. :)

Jewel

Are you familiar with the book Victorian Flower Oracle: The Language of Nature by Trish Telesco? I found it real cheap on Amazon and ordered it when I ordered the oracle. The book has still not come in, but should soon. I was just wondering if you or anyone here was familiar with it.

Thanks for the book recommendations. I have added them to my Amazon wishlist :)