Tarot of Delphi

HudsonGray

I can see it now -- a 'mule' gets dozens and ships them out to tarotphiles around the world. LOL!

magpie9

Sounds like a Plan! :joke:

SixDegrees

I love the look of the deck, and the images I've seen thus far seem wisely assigned to gel with popular meanings of specific cards. The only thing that keeps me on the fence about backing this project is the wildly varied borders, where some images take up the whole card and some are rather narrow. I fear that it would take my attention away from the images in a reading. I'll have to think this one through...

headBruja

I'm not sure I'd describe it as "wild" but yes, that's correct, fine art does not come in standardized sizes. I'll have to speak to the artists guild about that. :) The background of the cards is stylized, so there is a beautiful though not distracting background. The back design, the front background and the border all come from 1860s neoclassical design samples.

headBruja

I assume if it is mailed to the US, what happens after that is none of your concern and you cannot be held responsible, she said thoughtfully....

Gregory, you plotter! :) Yes, it's true that I can ship only ship to US addresses at this time. If you wanted to pick it up in the US and take it home to another country for personal use, I would just recommend checking with customs in your country first, so you aren't disappointed at the border.
Good luck!

HudsonGray

Do customs actually check that sort of thing?

How do they stop greeting cards and magazines that carry images then?

gregory

Do customs actually check that sort of thing?

How do they stop greeting cards and magazines that carry images then?

Customs have never in my experience checked anything like that. And as I recall, when I've bought books labelled "only for sale in the USA" no-one has given a flying toss.

KristinCali

I just backed you. Looks like a well thought out project and I love the style!

Shade

Absolutely had to back this deck, it looks lovely.

Shade

Though one does wonder... should the card for the Queen of Cups (Enchantress of Cups in this deck) be Circe Invidiosa, in which the demi-goddess sorceress poisons water in order to transform her rival in love, Scylla, into a hideous monster. That calls to mind a very dark interpretation of the QoC.

I'm not for one minute suggesting every deck needs to stick to a RWS script; I'm just so used to the Queen of cups being so maternal whereas this card will indicate someone who will do anything to satisfy their own emotional needs.

Still, I love the look of the deck and look forward to receiving one.