Tarot To Find Out Someone's Sexuality ???

sunstallion

Frayling0 said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think that's a great attitude. I think tarot readers MUST take some form of responsibility - you can end up ruining lives if you give out direct information willy nilly.

well, for other people who I dont know, then I would have to seriously think about it like you said. But for someone I know, I don't feel like having to think about it because of the strength in personal relationship. Also, I know he's not going to harm anyone.

If the other guy is a type he's looking for, then he will go for it. If not, then he won't bother to try it at all.

sunstallion

GryffinSong said:
The only thing that will save him any time is to simply not ask anyone out unless he's absolutely positive they're gay. The cards will not tell him that. Neither will a psychic, a palm reader, a psychologist or reading the lines in his hand. There is NO way to be absolutely certain that someone is open to a gay relationship unless you ask.

The most professional of professionals with a lifetime of experience will say the same thing. If they don't, in my opinion they're a hack.

hehehe...I have seen a few very good professional psychics who made a few predictions that someone is gay, or that guy will come out of closet, then they were right on. I just can't do like those psychics can. If so, I wouldn't start this thread and asked.

sunstallion

DownwardSpiral said:
I've read through this thread and I think this is the best suggestion right here. A few others have suggested the same thing.
Sunstallion you asked for suggestions. Have you tried this one? No. You want something better. If I was asking for suggestions I would at least try what people have offered to me.

As for this being your world....WOW! strong words. But that's just your opinion.
And just curious...if your friend is such an "expert" how come he can't figure it out for himself? Too bad he can't just spend a little time around this guy because I'm sure he could figure it out without asking the cards. Oh but hey I know he doesn't want to "waste" his time. Personally I wouldn't want to be with a guy like your friend.
Sorry just my thoughts.

I actually have not taken time to feel relax, meditate, and read it yet.

What you meant about "As for this being your world" ? I didn't say anything about "my world".

GryffinSong

Okey dokey. Let's assume for a minute that you're going to read for this guy. Even though we don't think it will be accurate. I've had an idea. Just please remember, treat it as fun, and not necessarily the absolute truth.

Separate the court cards out of your deck. You won't be needing the ace-ten or the majors.

Choose a suit to represent that he's gay/bi. I'd choose swords, but wands would be just as good. Shuffle all the court cards and draw one to represent this fellow.

I'd interpret something like this ...

Any suit but the one you chose means he's not gay/bi.

A sword (or wands if you prefer them) means he's gay or bi.

If you pulled a page, he's new to being gay. Perhaps he just came out of the closet, or is in the process of coming to terms with his orientation.

A knight means he's active in the lifestyle. Perhaps into parties, bars, "the scene". Maybe even kinky.

A queen or king means he's a more mature person, interested in a more serious relationship, rather than just a sexual encounter. If a queen, well, he's a queen. Inclined to be the flouncy one. If a king, he's inclined to be the more masculine partner.

I'd treat such a reading as fun, but I wouldn't base my life choices on it. It could be used as an ice breaker, though. "Hi there, a friend tells me you're the queen of wands ..."

EoMg

GryffinSong said:
Okey dokey. Let's assume for a minute that you're going to read for this guy....

Separate the court cards out of your deck. You won't be needing the ace-ten or the majors.

Choose a suit to represent that he's gay/bi. I'd choose swords, but wands would be just as good. Shuffle all the court cards and draw one to represent this fellow.

Thanks for posting a specific approach to this kind of question. And I was so with you until this part:

GryffinSong said:
If a queen, well, he's a queen. Inclined to be the flouncy one. If a king, he's inclined to be the more masculine partner.

Part of me is inclined to see this as a limitation of heterocentric tarot courts (not all or even most gay relationships break down along masculine/feminine gender roles the way straight relationships appear to do—polarity is not the only kind of relationship in the universe). Another part of me is inclined to suggest we interpret the Queen and King as representing the principles of Communion vs Agency, which show up in both males and females, gay and straight.

And then THIS suggestion, fantastic lol:

GryffinSong said:
It could be used as an ice breaker, though. "Hi there, a friend tells me you're the queen of wands ..."

The bf is SO not interested in the cards, but I did get him to play "Who in your real life does this court card remind you of?" and "Of our two friends, a couple, who are fighting right now, which of these court cards best represents each of their positions?" Never thought about telling them our choices though ;-)

GryffinSong

EoMg said:
Thanks for posting a specific approach to this kind of question...

You're welcome.

...Part of me is inclined to see this as a limitation of heterocentric tarot courts (not all or even most gay relationships break down along masculine/feminine gender roles the way straight relationships appear to do—polarity is not the only kind of relationship in the universe)...

I completely agree with you, except that straight relationships can't be quantified so simply either. ;) Basically, I believe that polarizing ANY issue is almost certainly guaranteed to be a flawed and limited model.

sunstallion

I dont know if any of you have realized it or not, but sexual orientation is VERY COMPLICATED. Look at how many married men later admitted publicly that they had affair with another men.

Some men confuse who they actually are for a long time, or didn't know that they are gay until later on in life.

So, it's not easy for a psychologist to figure out by just socializing. Some men act very friendly, charm to other men like they give an indication that they like men, but they are straight.

Cat*

sunstallion said:
I dont know if any of you have realized it or not, but sexual orientation is VERY COMPLICATED. Look at how many married men later admitted publicly that they had affair with another men.

Some men confuse who they actually are for a long time, or didn't know that they are gay until later on in life.

So, it's not easy for a psychologist to figure out by just socializing. Some men act very friendly, charm to other men like they give an indication that they like men, but they are straight.
Which is what people in this thread have been saying over and over again: sexual orientation IS complicated. Please don't talk to us as if none of us was gay/bi/queer. Heck, even many STRAIGHT people have realized this by now these days!

I still don't even get what you MEAN by "sexual orientation." Does your friend want to meet guys who IDENTIFY as gay/bi and who are comfortably out as such? Does he care most for guys who'd be open to male/male sexual encounters? What about men who are in a heterosexual relationship but still are into men as well (to use this as ONE axample of a bisexual life)? Would he pursue them? Even if they were monogamous? Would your friend be fine with someone who lived a straight life until they met and now comes out about his gay/bi feelings and interests for the first time in his life?

And honestly? I haven't heard of too many men who charm other men without being interested in them erotically (unless they basically charm just about everyone they meet, which shouldn't be too hard to find out). The vast, vast majority of straight men I've ever met have very clear boundaries when it comes to eroticism between them and other men. Friendliness alone is not the same as flirting with someone.

If your friend's time is so precious, I'd still advocate the "just ask" approach. There's nothing that would give him a faster and more reliable answer.

Or do the "three pieces of paper" thing I suggested earlier. No guarantees of its accuracy, though.

KMilliron

If you want a straight yes/no answer try a pendulum. Would I do it? No. I'm a social loner. I stick to myself but when I'm with people I don't shut up. I have no problem straight up asking somebody about their sexual preferences. I've even had people ask for tarot readings about sex. Never has anyone asked me to find someone's orientation. If they did I'd tell them to just ask if they had a chance with the person in question. That or seriously just ask the person striaght up.
The only things in life that are big deals are what you make big deals. Sexuality is one of those things that I think should just be whatever. I mean how cool of a world would it be if people didn't have to worry about how to come out or how they'd be excepted? Being straight forward with your question makes sexuality less of an issue, and you can just focus more on your relationship with said person, whether the relationship be or a romantic nature, or a colleague, or a friend, or what have you.

That's my two cents. Well like four. Like I said I talk a lot.

Middy1452

KMilliron said:
If they did I'd tell them to just ask if they had a chance with the person in question. That or seriously just ask the person striaght up.
Yes, I agree with this statement. Loads of folks want tarot readings about their love life and relationships and I think instead of asking questions about someone's sexual orientation the question could be rephrased to understand how best to approach this person or something like that.

Middy