What is it called when .....

Sharla

I'm going to try and explain myself the best i can.......so say your significator is in capricorn and quesited is in sagittarius, and both signs are ruling 2 houses, sagittarius is ruling 8 and 9, and capricorn is ruling 10 and 11 ?

I always use regiomontanus as i prefer this way....i know that if i used whole houses this wouldn't happen, but i'm not too keen on using whole houses.

In this chart i also have taurus,virgo,scorpio,pisces that are intercepted.

Minderwiz

I'm going to try and explain myself the best i can.......so say your significator is in capricorn and quesited is in sagittarius, and both signs are ruling 2 houses, sagittarius is ruling 8 and 9, and capricorn is ruling 10 and 11 ?

I always use regiomontanus as i prefer this way....i know that if i used whole houses this wouldn't happen, but i'm not too keen on using whole houses.

In this chart i also have taurus,virgo,scorpio,pisces that are intercepted.

When you say the quesited is in Sagittarius, I'm assuming that you mean the significator of the quesited, rather than the house it rules. It's not usually a problem because you know what planet is on the cusp of the house that rules the quesited and then search for the planet that rules the sign on that cusp.

The problems appear when the same sign may be on the cusp of both houses that are relevant to the question. This is usually the first and second or the first and twelfth, because the first house is always used in horary. A lesser form of this is when that planet rules another sign (Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn) and that sign is on the cusp of the house of the quesited.

In such cases you uses any other planet that is in that house, or failing that, you fall back on Exaltation ruler, (if any) or Triplicity ruler, or even Bounds/Terms ruler, or a natural signifcator of the thing quesited, e.g. Venus for a young woman.

Intercepted houses are also problems. They produce another potential significator of the quesited, the ruler of the intercepted sign. That might be helpful in the issue above but where the planet on the house cusp can be used, there's a question about whether the intercepted house ruler should play the role of a co-ruler, as it has some connection with the house.

Some readers will allow an aspect between Lord 1 and the planet ruling the intercepted sign to perfect the matter, even if the ruler of the quesited house cusp has not aspect or connection with Lord 1.

You are right, using Whole Sign Houses eliminates these problems. With Regiomontanus or other quadrant system, you have to do the best you can. They are not frequent problems but they can and do crop up.

Sharla

When you say the quesited is in Sagittarius, I'm assuming that you mean the significator of the quesited, rather than the house it rules. It's not usually a problem because you know what planet is on the cusp of the house that rules the quesited and then search for the planet that rules the sign on that cusp.
Yes i mean the significator of the questited. Just wondered if it actually meant anything as both significators have this happening in the sign they are in ....being next to each other (sagittarius, capricorn).
The problems appear when the same sign may be on the cusp of both houses that are relevant to the question. This is usually the first and second or the first and twelfth, because the first house is always used in horary. A lesser form of this is when that planet rules another sign (Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn) and that sign is on the cusp of the house of the quesited.

In such cases you uses any other planet that is in that house, or failing that, you fall back on Exaltation ruler, (if any) or Triplicity ruler, or even Bounds/Terms ruler, or a natural signifcator of the thing quesited, e.g. Venus for a young woman.

Intercepted houses are also problems. They produce another potential significator of the quesited, the ruler of the intercepted sign. That might be helpful in the issue above but where the planet on the house cusp can be used, there's a question about whether the intercepted house ruler should play the role of a co-ruler, as it has some connection with the house.

Some readers will allow an aspect between Lord 1 and the planet ruling the intercepted sign to perfect the matter, even if the ruler of the quesited house cusp has not aspect or connection with Lord 1.

You are right, using Whole Sign Houses eliminates these problems. With Regiomontanus or other quadrant system, you have to do the best you can. They are not frequent problems but they can and do crop up.

What is this actually called that im referring to ? I understand intercepted signs are where that sign doesn't rule any of the two houses at either side of it.....so what's it called if a sign rules two houses ?