Leo incompatibility

Babymaker

Hmm, ok. Well I get very different experiences with strong leo types of ppl. Of course ive met very nice leos who happen to have difficult aspects to their sun or their sun is in the 12th house.

With strong leo types I find that they compete with me A LOT. They want to be in charge all the time, which is also what I want to do. Unless it's with a guy, but then the guy laughs that he 'won me over for the ego boost.' Or sometimes if I have a really good boss I can respect them and allow them to lead. But if a leo type just wants attention for the sake of attention, I wont give it to them. Then they get upset and they sulk and sulk without realising they didn't spend a moment of time to realise who I am and what I need. I have found some of these ppl to be way too self absorbed to even notice who's following them. Like a friend I used to have where she was happy as long as I was doing what she wanted and it was her birthday or her dance night and we all HAD to come according to her. Yet, when it was my wedding day or when I became pregnant, she didn't like the spotlight off of her and pretended she was too busy with her own stuff. Very one sided egotistical. So I'm not saying all, but there are many.

Then there were other ones who competed for the spotlight during studies and tried to talk to the teacher (in their words) so they could stop 'favouring me.' They don't like being second best. So if I'm top of the class, how can I be friends with someone who only wants friends as followers? With my former friend, she only has friends who praise her every second of the day and if they don't, she gets rid of them.

My birth detail -

11th October 1983, Adelaide, South Australia. 7:31AM.

Minderwiz

As I read this there seemed to be Leo tendencies coming out. When I cast the chart I founnd Leo angular on the MC, and it's ruler the Sun in Libra with Mercury.thus nearly meeting Valens requirements. comments:

If the planet ruling the sign of Leo is in one of the four angular houses and the Sun is together with a benefic planet (Jupiter or Venus) , then the native will be bright, honourable, tyrannical and noble all in the same breath)

In your chart, the Sun is ruled by the Benefic, Venus, so whilst it might not actually be with Venus, it has a strong connection to it. Libra is also the sign of the Fall of the Sun., which suggests you feel undervalued by these friends and that seems to be the gist of your post, they don't seem to pay you the attention, which you rightly deserve.

Babymaker

As I read this there seemed to be Leo tendencies coming out. When I cast the chart I founnd Leo angular on the MC, and it's ruler the Sun in Libra with Mercury.thus nearly meeting Valens requirements. comments:

If the planet ruling the sign of Leo is in one of the four angular houses and the Sun is together with a benefic planet (Jupiter or Venus) , then the native will be bright, honourable, tyrannical and noble all in the same breath)

In your chart, the Sun is ruled by the Benefic, Venus, so whilst it might not actually be with Venus, it has a strong connection to it. Libra is also the sign of the Fall of the Sun., which suggests you feel undervalued by these friends and that seems to be the gist of your post, they don't seem to pay you the attention, which you rightly deserve.

Wow, thank you. I think that was the answer I was looking for and explains it perfectly. So you think I'm a leo type myself? Hahaha yes probably. I thought about this myself after writing that last post and I thought it was from having my name asteroid in leo as well as eros. But you explain it well. So it sounds to me based on what you said, I do have good qualities like leo but they are being undervalued by friends which is what hurts. Is there anything I can do about that? I'm wondering if ive got too high an ego or if I shud just accept how others feel. I guess if they want to follow me they can but if they don't I need to let it go.

Minderwiz

Wow, thank you. I think that was the answer I was looking for and explains it perfectly. So you think I'm a leo type myself? Hahaha yes probably. I thought about this myself after writing that last post and I thought it was from having my name asteroid in leo as well as eros. But you explain it well. So it sounds to me based on what you said, I do have good qualities like leo but they are being undervalued by friends which is what hurts. Is there anything I can do about that? I'm wondering if ive got too high an ego or if I shud just accept how others feel. I guess if they want to follow me they can but if they don't I need to let it go.

Now you are aware of it, you can either decide to carry on as you have been or try to modify your behaviour in some way. Not expecting others to follow you or accept your leadership is one way and trying to realise that this trait which you dislike in others, they may dislike in you. So take things in a more relaxed fashion and when you next have this feeling of a need to overcome their assumed superiority, just let it go and see if you can reach an accomodation with them.. It won't be easy but it's worth a try.

Babymaker

Now you are aware of it, you can either decide to carry on as you have been or try to modify your behaviour in some way. Not expecting others to follow you or accept your leadership is one way and trying to realise that this trait which you dislike in others, they may dislike in you. So take things in a more relaxed fashion and when you next have this feeling of a need to overcome their assumed superiority, just let it go and see if you can reach an accomodation with them.. It won't be easy but it's worth a try.

Yes that is very true. I think some of these ppl could possibly be a mirror of me and I may not like seeing it in them, yet want it for myself at the same time. And also in times of conflict if someone is in my face because they want to be the centre of attention I think instead of getting into tension either in my head or with that person, the best thing to do is put my focus elsewhere and not pay attention to them, or to tell them what they want to hear to boost their self esteem and then walk away. At least when I think of situations like my wedding, I start thinking things like 'it's my day, I want to live it the way I want to remember it and it's no-one's place to interfere. It's my right.' Then my diva mother in law interfered for the spotlight from the time of the engagement onwards for yrs on end and it bothered me severely. She did a lot of mean things just so ppl could look at her and not the couple. My whole wedding was about her instead of the actual couple. So I guess my choice in that situation would be just to stay away and focus on better things. I think ppl like that need to find their own sense of self worth instead of searching through me by stomping on me and putting me down. Like a girl I worked with always wanted to be titled as 'the best' at work and 'irreplaceable' yet we all know that's unrealistic. So I don't pay any attention to feed that ego. I think ppl like that need to find their own self esteem instead of targeting others. I most definitely don't attack others cos I'm full of myself and I love myself a lot :).

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud here.

Thank you very much for your enlightenment :).

Babymaker

Hi, I just have one more question, since u said others undervalue me which makes me quite angry. Is there anything I can do about it. I kinda feel like I'm doomed to be friendless. Perhaps its my destiny not to focus on friends in this life.