to new members, in your readings you must leave feedback for your reading!!

Le Fanu

Can't there be a limit of posts before someone posts in your readings? Maybe there is - I'm not familiar with the rules because I don't post there, but if I did, I would read them!

Anyone who has less than 10 posts MUST be out for a free reading. It doesn't take much to join in the discussions. If you love tarot and want to participate in the community, would your first stop really be "your readings"? I think I'd explore around a bit first if it were me...

I'm no great detective but I bet I could spot the newbie freebie reading types a mile off...

think

Can't there be a limit of posts before someone posts in your readings? Maybe there is - I'm not familiar with the rules because I don't post there, but if I did, I would read them!

Anyone who has less than 10 posts MUST be out for a free reading. It doesn't take much to join in the discussions. If you love tarot and want to participate in the community, would your first stop really be "your readings"? I think I'd explore around a bit first if it were me...

I'm no great detective but I bet I could spot the newbie freebie reading types a mile off...
Good idea. I think there is a minimum post and/or period of time before one can post in the exchanges, but not 'your readings'. It would be good to have that. May put off the less serious from posting, but they are usually the ones included in the 'banned' lists.

Having said that, I must say I lurked here for years, many many years, before joining, and probably did join to get help with a reading, or chat about a specific card or something like that. I obviously knew the rules, from lurking, however.

Ace

I think that is a GREAT idea! I DO think some newbies think they can just post and that is enough feedback. One recent banned member actually argued in her thread that because the relationship (she was asking about) had ended, she didn't need to leave any more feedback.

barb

Metafizzypop

Can't there be a limit of posts before someone posts in your readings? Maybe there is -

No, there isn't. And I agree that there should be a rule. But.......

I can still make rules for myself. I don't offer comments in YR when the OP has less than 50 posts or so. Whenever I have helped someone who has a low post count, I never saw feedback. I just don't bother any more.

Anyone who has less than 10 posts MUST be out for a free reading.

Yup.

I'm getting good at it, too.

DDwarks

Freezing them out of everything else until feedback is given isnt a bad idea i think it.

I personally read the rules on the day I joined.
The Banned members list was up so I knew I had to read them!

I stuck with Your Reading for the first few weeks, trying to interpret other's cards and then moved on to the Rex to see how the readers on there read their cards.

But I joined to learn the cards. Not to get answers for my own readings.

Its a difficult problem and I wouldnt like to be a Mod !

Could we perhaps all give them a helping hand? There are more of us than them after all and they dont get paid for the work they do.

We could- all of us, take it upon ourselves to step in on the thread and remind new members/ those who ought to know better to interprete there own cards and/or leave feedback.
We could even tell other members to hold off posting.

PM'ing, strikes etc would still be the Mod's duty but since theres more if us than them, it would give them a bit of respite from spending their time policing as well sending a strong message that we, as a tarot readers community won't stand for it either.

Sulis

Of course we take 'real life' into consideration.

Some people just don't get the idea that there should be an exchange..

Many new members post once, get replies and are never seen again.

Many old members post in Your Readings, get replies, leave no feedback, get a moderator PM asking for feedback, read it, don't leave feedback and disappear for a month or so (or until they think we've forgotten) then come back and do it again.

I and the other YR moderators PM the same people, over and over again, detailed PMs explaining feedback, what it is, how to give it, with examples.. The members (if they reply) are lovely, go back, leave feedback in their latest thread then the next time they post it starts all over again.

It's people who do the things listed above that has caused us to put in the one strike rule.. We don't see why we should have to explain the same thing over and over again to adults. If we've explained it to you once, that's enough, you should have got it.

And if you have a habit of posting readings and disappearing only to come back in 6 weeks time to do it all over again, you're obviously here for free readings and as of last week (when the new rule was decided upon), we're closing your account.

It is exhausting, it gets to the point where we have no patience left and worst of all, it's taking advantage of the people who reply to help and give their time, expertise and knowledge asking for nothing in return but to know how their thoughts resonate with the situation and what the thread starter thinks of the reading.

Zephyros

Moderator Note:

Hi folks,

This thread was removed for review and has now returned. A number of posts have been removed because they were off topic. Keep in mind that the subject of this thread is advice to new members on the subject of feedback, and not to discuss the feedback rules. As these were amply discussed in this thread further off-topic posts will also have to be removed.

Comments or suggestions about these topics can of course always be discussed with the moderators themselves in private.

violetdaisy

When I respond to a person about a partial/full reading they've done it's really discouraging to get nothing back. It makes me hesitant to leave remarks for anyone without a lot of posts and/or who has been with the forum a "long time."

The new rule is going to be helpful I think. It would be good to have it more visible. When I started looking around I actually first went to "new posts" - repeatedly, instead of specific places.

I am no programmer, website developer, don't have that kind of smarts - but since the CP/FAQ etc bar shows in all screens maybe adding Rules or Feedback Rules - that sends you to those instructions might be helpful. Might. Of course, there are always abusers.....

And I have started creating guidelines for responding (for myself) like many others have. If they haven't made many posts/threads and I think I can offer my take on interpretation - I search the threads they have - to see what kind of feedback they leave. Just to see that they are trying - not to see how "good at it" they are (because improvement comes with practice).