Your Favorite Lenormand?

Chronata

Thank you everyone for your great responses!

I already have the Art Nouveau, the Blue Owl, and the Piatnik.

I really think the Melissa is gorgeous...(I hope to get one someday!)and I am anticipating the Dia de los Muertos one for sure!

The Lilac Twilight is pretty amazing as well. I can't stop oogling it. It's so soft and pretty...the colors are stunning, and the images are fascinating! and it fits it's name perfectly!

Really, I think the Mystical might be my next purchase. It's so beautiful, in that soft style, that kind of reminds me of the Prediction tarot.

Anyone have a link to the Postcard?

Little Hare...in answer to your question...yes! I have about 6 ideas in my head. I made a stone version yesterday which I am very happy with!

GryffinSong

Hands down, the Melissa Lenormand. Nothing else even comes close.

nikkipeachy

My current favorite is the Melissa Lenormand, but I just ordered the Postmark too. I love the images for both.

Flaxen

My favourite for Grand Tableau is the Postmark - the images are just so easy to see and read.

I also like the LS Lenormand, the Lilac Twilight, mystical, Melissa and Judith Bartschi Lenormand.

You can see the Postmark and Melissa in action here:

http://dev.sassysibyl.com/grandtableau/

Chronata

Sweet! I like the postmark too (what I can see of it!)

I also went searching, and now I think I am also in love with Magisches Lenormand, and the Les Vieux Jours.
Anyone have either of these?

Sigh. So many Lenormands...so little money.

Asher

I have recently become excited about learning to read the Lenormand cards. I love the various styles of artwork that the decks have.

Currently, my collection includes the Blue Owl (w/English verses), Piatnik, Mystical, French Cartomancy, Melissa (1st edition), Les Vieux Jours (1st and 2nd editions), Art Nouveau Oracle, and Pixie's Astounding Lenormand cards.

I have the Magisches and the Lilac Twilight on order.

My favorites (so far) are the Piatnik, Pixie's, and the French Cartomancy.

Melia

Favourite - the French Cartomancy - they are by LoS so the card stock is very good (they feel like cards, rather than plastic). They are numbered. They have playing card inserts. All of the images are immediately recognisable - you don't have to look hard to recognise it's the ring card or that it's the cross card etc. (There are no titles to distract). The woman and gentleman images are evocative of the period that Lenormand lived in. The deck's colours are muted (look faded) and warm (not bright and modern/cold) which also gives a sense/feeling of period of long ago. I also love that the woman and gentleman are shown side-on, as opposed to facing directly ahead. This is adds an extra dimension in readings. I love that the facial features of both are not that clearly identifiable, nor that there is any sign of occupation other than that they are obviously a gentleman and a woman. I love the woman card in particular. ..... So I myself am not tempted to buy any more Lenormands.

So many Lenormands, but only a need for one.

Le Fanu

Love the Melissa, but if I want a sharp, immediate message without going into "interpretation" mode, I reach for either the Konigsfurt(Dondorf) Lenormand or LoS French Cartomancy. Just the symbols. The Lilac Twilight is fabulous too; very undistracting in its symbolism. These would be my top ones. I'm kind of suspicious now of the Mystical.

There's a kind of tarot-y, interpretative "let's springboard off these symbols" mode that I sometimes feel myself going into which I'm a bit ambivalent about. I like the pared down approach best. Melissa's as far as I'll go with these *layered* Lenormands. The Mystical is just too symbolically-laden.

Carla

Love the Melissa, but if I want a sharp, immediate message without going into "interpretation" mode, I reach for either the Konigsfurt(Dondorf) Lenormand or LoS French Cartomancy. Just the symbols. The Lilac Twilight is fabulous too; very undistracting in its symbolism. These would be my top ones. I'm kind of suspicious now of the Mystical.

There's a kind of tarot-y, interpretative "let's springboard off these symbols" mode that I sometimes feel myself going into which I'm a bit ambivalent about. I like the pared down approach best. Melissa's as far as I'll go with these *layered* Lenormands. The Mystical is just too symbolically-laden.

I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on the Mystical, as that's the only one I've got at the moment. (Until Melissa gets here). Which is the most 'pared down' in your opinion, and therefore best, I take it? I mean, the best version that is a cheap, mass market version, not hard to find.