Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - Signup

Nina*

huredriel said:
And will there be separate threads for each case study as this seems as if it will end up with lots to learn/catch up for those not starting with everyone else :)
I'd like to know this too. I do have the book but all excercises seem to take place the evenings I'm at work... so I'm pretty much behind here already. :)

faunabay

huredriel said:
Will be ordering the book on Monday. Is it best to wait to join in until I get the book? And will there be separate threads for each case study as this seems as if it will end up with lots to learn/catch up for those not starting with everyone else :)

I hadn't thought about this but it might be easier to "catch up" if each case study had a different thread. A bit harder when you want to post on each of them, but MUCH easier if you're behind and don't want to get confused with other case study that are farther along than you are.
Maybe something like the "21 Ways" study group some are doing with Mary Greer's book. ?????
I jumped on the forum for a second right now, but I have to get to work and won't beable to do any of the case studies until tomorrow - Sunday. BUT I'm really excited to start with them. :)

6 Haunted Days

Still waiting for the book, and as no meanings and interpertations of the cards have been discussed, I am assuming that's because we need the book! Anyways, until then I am way too confused to even try to follow along. It would be a great idea to put each new case study or whatnot in new threads...having it all in one is quite messy.

Skydancer

Waiting until the book arrives.

Ann
*S*

Sylvie Steinbach

Hello!

I remind everyone that this course requires that you DO have the book. If you did read from the first post this is mandatory. If you do not have it and you are posting your confusion in this virtual classroom you have not read that pre-requisite. This thread is a virtual workshop for those who have the book to improve from the book teachings.

I advise you DO wait until you read the book before posting comments. Plus there will be no set time to interact as there are already people from allover the globe. What is night for you is morning for them.

Not everyone is going to work at the same rythm than somebody else. Because the thread keeps the interaction you can print what you feel is important such as definitions and case studies that you can review at your leisure later. You can PM if you have a question then by reminding the case study for example and the question you have. But I can't keep repeating the same info or stay at the same level everytime I have a new comer. The choice is yours: you can either catch up by reading the thread from the beginning and learn as you go... or wait that I start a new workshop.

Now think about this for a minute: if you post comments that have nothing to do with what I am teaching you are extending the thread and add more to read. May I suggest that you PM me if you need specific info regarding this course or questions on the Lenormand to use since I am the teacher/host of this specific thread. You will not clog the thread -which I remind you is a virtual classroom not a regular discussion thread! and therefore it is easier for new people to read the course from the beginning and catch up faster.

I would appreciate such a code of conduct from all participants. Try to sympathize with me for a minute. I offer this course free and give you the meat and potatoes that the book does not cover. Don't make it harder than it is already as I will try to help everyone individually and as a group. So please refrain from posting your frustrations as there is going to be some anyway... I wish we could be physically in the same room at the same time but it is not possible. The only thing I request is that you have the book!

In order for me to continue that thread It is essential everyone reinstate these information to the the new comers. I have already dialogue with some of you so I would like to enlist you to greet and explain these rules to newbies. I would greatly appreciate the gesture. And it will allow me to feel that I can deliver the goods efficiently.

So I want to know who is ready to keep this thread a virtual workshop and who just want this to be another discussion on the Lenormand. If you do want the workshop then make sure that if a new person log into this course you let them know right away if they have questions on how to participate they PM you or ME.

Thank you all very much for your participation and efforts.

Sylvie

Sylvie Steinbach

The book

The book is available on Amazon.com. Type 'the secrets of the lenormand oracle' and you will see it. Amazon delivers to anyone all over the world. I do order sometimes French books from the French site of Amazon and get them to deliver to Los Angeles in 7 to 10 days!
In the U.K. the English site says 4/6 weeks to deliver. Check amazon.com USA to see what is the deal if you get it from there.
If you do not like the speed of deliver please go to customer service page or call them up to complain. I do not know why it takes so long for you guys to receive something they have in stock. But without feedback they can't improve that...
Right now Amazon offers a discount if you buy the book with a Lenormand deck the mystical one...There are other metaphysical sites who sell lenormands: www.magicka.com for Europeans, www.houseoftarot.com for U.S
Search engine on Google will give you the stores very easily...

Have a great weekend!

Sylvie

Sylvie Steinbach

Valeria to help me moderate this workshop.

I am delighted to receive some help from Valeria as I really need it.

The way this virtual course is attended to work rely on the book "the secrets of the Lenormand oracle" and a Lenormand deck that contains no poems.

I will approach the class by topic but won't address the cards individually as the book takes care of the basics. This is more an advance study following the book contents. Case study is the main attraction to illustrate the addtional information and to help develop the technique to read the deck based on different kind of inquiries from 'clients'.

Hope this helps a bit to follow my approach.

sylvie

olivia

Still waiting for my book...

huredriel

I've just ordered my book, but had to get it from the States with expedited delivery. I called up Amazon (helpline were in Spain I think :bugeyed:) who said that the reason it has 4-6 weeks for delivery in the UK is that that is when they will receive their stock. I also checked Amazon ca, and it is not available there yet.

Sylvie Steinbach

Welcome huredriel

I thank you for your perseverance and focus: Amazon needs to hear from you guys regarding availability and delivery time.
In the meantime you can print the descriptions and other info I have added to the thread. Keep it together in the book once you receive it.
What kind of deck do you have?

warm regards,
sylvie