Tarot apps or online

Halcali

Anymore recommendation for Tarot apps in Android / iOS?

Bookwight

I don't know about Android, but on iOS there's also Beautiful Tarot by Jonathan Miller, which is a really nice app with good features. It genuinely *is* beautiful, and it has traditional decks in it. And Ciro Marchetti has a few apps for (I think) the Gilded Royale Tarot and Legacy of the Divine and maybe one or two more — but they're rather expensive and they haven't been updated in ages. And there's a slew of tarot apps made by Ocean Media / Hay House (I think those are the same company under different names, but I'm not sure). They're pricey, but some of them you can try for free for seven days, after which you can still see the cards but can't do any readings. But in all honesty? They kind of suck, feature-wise.

If you want features… Fool's Dog apps are the best. (I don't work for them, honestly!) Oh, and they're available on Android too. :)

Pam O

Here is a whole thread about the very awesome Fools Dog apps
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=196427&page=4
The Fools Dog decks include full companion books for decks that came in a kit.

I do also like Galaxy Tone apps.

I enjoy my apps more than I ever expected to. I read the cards on apps the same way I read my physical decks. If I choose to refer to book/card info, I only do this AFTER I read intuitively, and only if I am in the mood...

Jeff0253

I'm pretty new too. I use galaxy tarot pro--it's great for reference. But I think real cards are obviously best.

akellyf43

I also love the Fools Dog apps. I read with the Shadowscape deck and I use the app on my phone to "study" and have added in my own meanings as well so that I can cycle through the cards anywhere and study. I have found it very handy. I don't use it to actually do readings though just as an aid.

Pam O

I use Orphalese sometimes. But I would rather use real cards.

By the way - please don't use textspeak - I usually don't even bother to read posts that use it, but since you are new, I made the effort. It really is annoying, though. ("u" in particular !)

*** ohhh, I too am not a fan of textspeak. Thanks for understanding!

*** Fools Dog!!
Uni Tarot - 6 decks come with it and you can upload more of your own scanned images. It is cool!

I bought the Fools Dog Vampyre app specifically to get the book.
(Currenly the Vampyre kit is OOP and expensive right now.)

I heard a rumour here at AT that the Vampyre is amazing. And it is true! Well I think so anyway. :) I greatly appreciate authors that see more than one side for a card! For example, the 5 of swords is presented first with positive views. Then there is the "Shadow" includes the more analyzed unbalanced meanings! I enjoy reading books to expand my insight of various symbols and ideas various authors have come up with. This way my intuitive side can recognize a wider variety of options when reading cards. I read the symbols that stand out on the card

*** I enjoy adding notes, mainly because the act of typing helps me remember whatever insight that inspired me. :lightbulb

*** I read app cards just like paper cards.... without the book.

Callanish

I started a new thread cuz I thought my question would get lost in the comments.
Basically what most of u were saying was it's ok by u to use online tarots or apps but not the interpretation.
So my next question would be what are the apps or sites that u use.

I run a website, offering a free to use Digital Tarot deck, called phuture.me
It's been on the go for 4 years now and has evolved a lot in that time.

I also wrote a Tarot App based on that website which is iOS only called "Tarot & Numerology".
The App is 100% free.
I'd love to get some feedback from the AT members on it so please try it out if you are an iPhone or iPad user.

Callanish

Aries2014

Lotus tarot is good and quite easy to interpret

purple_scorp

I started a new thread cuz I thought my question would get lost in the comments.
Basically what most of u were saying was it's ok by u to use online tarots or apps but not the interpretation.
So my next question would be what are the apps or sites that u use.

Hi stone rabbit,

have you heard of Orphalese Tarot Software?

The Orphalese software was created in 2002 and has since undergone extensive development. I've been using it myself since 2005 and have fielded a lot of questions about it on this forum.

Version 10 has just been released and includes some brilliant new features (including the ability to create Deck subsets (so you can split the majors from the minors), and Deck Collections (groups of your favourite Decks), and to nominate whether the 8th or 11th Major Tarot Card is Strength or Justice, and that’s just a few). The Menus, Options/Settings and many other windows have been revamped to make it a lot easier to navigate.

If you’re new to Orphalese, then, you’d be interested in some other great features including: the ability to show the Deck as a pile, or in a fanned formation; you can shuffle and/or sort the Deck in a number of ways. The Cards can be dealt Face-up or Face-down. Clicking on the Deck deals the Card, which can then be dragged anywhere on the Desktop. You can create two sets of Card Notes (Little White Book and Personal) and have them display on the screen when you hover the mouse over a Card. You can save the Reading (including Card Notes) and then email it to a friend. This is a great journaling tool for when you are starting on your Tarot journey.

You can create Deck subsets (which is like splitting your Deck into mini Decks). This is awesome if you want to separate the Majors from the Minors and the Wands from the Cups etc; or in Oracle Decks, you can separate the suits. You can create Deck Collections (which is basically a way of grouping Decks). You can load the Collections and/or Subset Decks to the screen at the same time and draw Cards from each. Loading a Deck Collection allows you to deal Cards then, switch to another Deck to see how the same layout looks with the different Cards.

You can even create and save a Spread, using multiple Decks or Subsets. My all-time favourite feature is the Compare Cards Tool, especially important if you are learning the Tarot and want to view the same Card from different Decks so you can get an understanding of how different artists have interpreted the Card.

Orphalese now has an extensive Help website and an Orphalese Facebook page. Plus, there’s some YouTube tutorials on how to use the software.

The Orphalese Software is available for free in the trial version but when you register, you receive an unlock code that opens access to everything, including a file exchange with more than 1000 files (Spreads, Card Notes, Backgrounds, and Decks). Seriously worth registering the software as it costs around the same price as a Deck.

Papa Tango

In my personal opinion--I do not lend very much credence to the concepts of digital "cards" and their equality to a tangible, semiotic artifact in the physical world. Anyone of course is free and welcome to disagree and integrate them into their own reality however they choose. Here is why I have formed my views.

I believe that one of the cardinal underlying premises of Tarot is the physical and mental relationship that one develops with their deck(s), and that the possibility exists that one's mental, spiritual, and energy states may have the potential to influence the 'statistical randomness' of cartomancy into some sort of directed order. Another set of arguments emerge from this, but those are the core of other threads outside of this one... :cool2:

Such objects and our relationships with them date back to the dawn of human being--and are represented by the totems, fetish objects, spiritual symbols, and other artifacts that mankind has imbued with any sense of mythopoetic meaning and power. Variations of Tarot are just one more of these. The order in which the archetypal images we have set into meaning appear hold even more importance than the content and narrative of the image itself. If this were not so, there would be no 'story' to build around any particular spread.

We continue in our march toward an increasingly complex and incomprehensible technologically driven reality and future, and by virtue of that lose track of the differences between those things that occur in a natural state--and that which is imposed on us by the conditions and architecture of the technology. This interpretation comes from a very Marxian lens of analysis, and the alienation of the individual from the product of their knowledge and labors. Handling a 'smartphone' has certainly turned into a Pavlovian fetish object for many--and forms the basis of rejecting any parallel between technology driven outcomes and naturally occurring outcomes (those derived from physically being in an environment and handling a deck) and is equally extensible to other similar devices--such as desktops, tablets, and gameboxes.

Consider that 'shuffling' or any other sort of presentation accomplished digitally has NOTHING to do with any personal state of an individual outside of clicking cards in a now static and mapped shuffle for selection. By its very nature--it cannot. Devices run and rely on very strict software and hardware instructions. Algorithms determine the count and use of other cards in the set and previously. Every element of what appears is accurately driven by what the components and instructions tell it to do. Otherwise, the stupid thing could not run--and would crash. We all know that digital devices do not tolerate randomness or outside influence. If that were possible, it is likely every computer I have owned for the past 30 years would have exploded in a silicon shower from the intensity of the thoughts and rage I have directed toward them... :laugh:

I do however see software driven Tarot and cartomancy programs as a useful tool in study, recordation, note taking, and report preparation. But as a tangible artifact, totem, or personal object upon which to build relationship meanings into the supranatural side of our existence? In my mind about as useful as Windows Solitaire or Pokemon Go... YMMV.

Thoughts?

PT