Just What You've Been Waiting For

Grigori

I must admit to never quite understanding the difference between graphic novels and comic books, except that comic books tend to be more interesting ;) I'd be curious to check this one out though, and see if it bucks the trend.

Zephyros

Sounds interesting, although I could never get involved in either graphic novels or comic books. They tend to tire my eyes, constantly looking all over the place.

h3ll0k1tt33

as far as i can understand it (and i'm no expert)....

graphic novels are more expensively produced longer stories aimed more at an adult crowd. usually higher quality (production and/or storywise)

comic books are more cheaply produced shorter stories aimed more at children.

i've only ever had a handful of each, but i think that is the main difference?

ravenest

'Cannon Fodder' ( a split off from Judge Dredd magazine) is a post apocalyptic minister who blasts evil in a world where all sorts of naughty persons from different past eras have resurrected and need to be 'eliminated' .

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/10/109303/2242820-comic_001.jpg

One copy I have somewhere : 'The Wicked Aleister Crowley is back in town' . Old Uncle Al enters in a souped up convertible ( 666 number plates, of course) with a hollywood starlet ' Scarlet Woman' beside him . The rest of the story is .... well, silly .... but amusing.

Hopefully this one is more factual ?

(I mean ... isnt Crowley's story crazy enough as it is ! ? :laugh: