Greater Arcana Study Group—The Magician

INIVEA

Great thanks I'm off to reading

Abrac

Thanks for that roppo. I wondered about that myself.

"Derived to" is a phrase Waite uses quite a bit elsewhere. In that sentence, if an editor couldn't read his handwriting, "derived" seems like an unusual choice. If he/she was making a guess, "directed" seems like it would've made a better candidate.

I'll have to leave this to ponder tomorrow. :)

Richard

By the way, the Wisdom of the Ages is what Waite called the Secret Doctrine.

INIVEA

okay I came across this Video, seriously just watch it. pay attention to these times in the video what do you see?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MrjJ8OGWCY

First time (video at 0:40 ) you find this symbol on the back of the PSC tarot deck. and on the Death card. very interesting <thinking> Where is the location of this ? Very curious about this Stone. also look at the broken stone next to it, I see a letter ( e ) and the number ( 1`).

Then skip to this time:

Second time ( video at 5:26) watch the Magician (Conduit) in action. well not in action (tube) look at what is connected to the tube. (above and below or top and bottom)

If you want you can watch the whole video :D

Michael Sternbach

Okay, help me if I am wrong and not understanding this, if the Magician is a Conduit, then he is in the middle ground. like the definition, (A Tube) with which, either energy or water passes through, the energy or water doesn't stay in the Magician, like the electricity travelling down a powerline. so energy (power) passing through the Magician, it comes from and goes to. so where is this energy going to. Or better worded channeled to?

The Magician receives energies from "above" (superconscious levels, higher dimensions, planets and stars etc) and channels them into the realm "below" (human affairs, individual existence, physical reality).

ETA: ie: Electricity has 2 forms, AC and DC, so for the Magician, which of these for example would he represent.

I would say, a good Magician can work with all different sorts of energy. It's a somewhat difficult question since the Magician is not literally working with electricity, unless of course you are talking about somebody like Nikola Tesla who was indeed called a wizard. As you probably know, he was working his technological miracles with AC of high voltage and high frequency. Interestingly, Tesla coils were sometimes being used in séances.

INIVEA

The Magician receives energies from "above" (superconscious levels, higher dimensions, planets and stars etc) and channels them into the realm "below" (human affairs, individual existence, physical reality).

I would say, a good Magician can work with all different sorts of energy. It's a somewhat difficult question since the Magician is not literally working with electricity.

He is the "Conduit", "Receiver", "Transmitter", "Channel", nothing more.

Radio Transmitter, Tubes, Pipes, etc.

CPF - The Tarot said:
The true magic presides over house-building because it shows us how to erect actual houses so as to take advantage of occult properties of the earth-currents of magnetic vibration.

CPF - The Tarot said:
This horizontal 8 It means dominion on the horizontal plane; one of the oldest symbols of matter is the horizontal line. Rhythm, alternate cycles of involution and evolution, vibration, flux and reflux, and the like.

Considering the items on the table, which represent the four elements, so here I have something for you to ponder.

CPF - The Tarot said:
The table before the Magician represents the "field of attention" in modem psychology. The word "table" has also affinities in language with the word "measurement," inasmuch as to classify and arrange is to tabulate. Note that the comers of the table had to be squared, and that the cylindrical legs, which have capitals like Ionic columns, required the use of compasses, and, by their capitals, suggest the "orders" of architecture. "On the table in front of the Magician," writes Dr. Waite, "are the implements of the four Tarot suits, signifying the elements of natural life, which lie like counters before the adept, and he adapts them as he wills." The Magician's problem is to arrange them in proper order.

What energies or metals, would fall into these elements. make a list.

Fire
Air
Water
Earth

Uranium, Mercury, Silver, Gold, Copper, Electricity, Laser, etc.

The reasons for this is that The Magician needs to put them in proper order. So lets see what that order might be.

Note: In the above video, that I posted, if you watched it, The Magician "Conduit" is the copper pipe, and this Copper pipe has an energy, it slowed down gravity. (magnet)

Michael Sternbach

He is the "Conduit", "Receiver", "Transmitter", "Channel", nothing more.

He is the receiver and transmitter of the energy, but he is directing it according to his Will.

INIVEA

He is the receiver and transmitter of the energy, but he is directing it according to his Will.

Scientifically what would be the "Will"?

While you posted your response, I did edit the above, by adding more thoughts and fixing spelling, did you watch the video? if you did then you will understand my question.