Books on astrology and tarot

kimtsan

Hi guys! I am looking for books that elaborate on the astrological associations of tarot/viewing tarot with an astrological lens. Any recommendations? (Especially for an astrology noob, too. I have a basic understanding of astrology but I haven't studied too deep into it.)

Barleywine

Anthony Louis goes into it in some depth in Tarot Beyond the Basics. There is a specific book on the subject by Corrine Kenner that is readily available, but I don't own it. I'm sure others can comment on its value.

rwcarter

See this post in the forum Index (stuck to the top of the forum) for a number of books on tarot and Astrology including Corrine Kenner's book.

Nemia

I read both Kenner and Louis and also Ruth Aharoni's book, and IMO Louis is by far the best, most useful and in-depth book of the three.

Ymmv of course.

Ace of Stars

"Tarot Decoded" by Elizabeth Hazel brings something new to the conversation -- I learned a lot about using quadrupicities in tarot readings (i.e. mutable, fixed, or cardinal cards).

I also really liked "Tarot Beyond the Basics" by Anthony Louis

kimtsan

Anthony Louis goes into it in some depth in Tarot Beyond the Basics. There is a specific book on the subject by Corrine Kenner that is readily available, but I don't own it. I'm sure others can comment on its value.

Oh I've been seeing that book at the new age section...might pick it up along with Tarot and Astrology by Corrine Kenner. Thanks for the recommendation!

kimtsan

"Tarot Decoded" by Elizabeth Hazel brings something new to the conversation -- I learned a lot about using quadrupicities in tarot readings (i.e. mutable, fixed, or cardinal cards).

I also really liked "Tarot Beyond the Basics" by Anthony Louis

That sounds neat! I've been hearing those terms here and there and have been wondering about what they are. I'll check out that book for sure!