DruidCraft - XIII Death

coyoteblack

This card reminds me of Baptism. Then I read as much as I can about the card and it reminds me even more so.

coyoteblack

78 weeks of study DruidCraft Death

First impression:
I feel like this is in the bayou in Louisiana, very mysterious and foreboding. Then I see the loving look on the goddess face, The eagle in the sky is the same at the one in the emperor, also the snake behind, and above her is all about transformation.. Now I feel like there is much more to this card that I am not seeing. It is like she can See beyond the Vail into the other side. I defiantly get the feeling that there is more to be reviled.

Talking with the card: I asked her what the men are behind her, she said” It is the face of the god to remind her of him when he is gone” also I got the impression it was the male god she was putting in the cauldron. when he is reborn she is in her younger guise.

Earlier in the week when I asked the card to show me what I need to learn about the card some thing happened in this reality .

I was in an AA meeting and one of the guy's said before closing “ The old alcoholic, deceiving, bad me is dead “ , "I am a new person in recovery."
I think the above statement is so true of the card

Bringing it all together
Between the number and the eagle you can see this card relates to the emperor . I believe this card it is about the natural order of things. Scorpio rules this card and there is a lot water which I think softens the emperor a little bit. But also this card is about ebb and flow. The dawn . the snake and the cauldron of rebirth are about ending of one part and beginning of another.

Unlike other death cards you can see the compassion in the goddess's face, and she is about to place the skull in the cauldron. The burial mound way in the back talks about and ending.

Looking at this card I think more about Baptism, or what a caterpillar goes through before it turns into a butterfly, only I think this card is just as much about the cocoon as it is bout the butterfly.

Good , The Bad, And the Indifferent

Good: Accepting change because for a new beginning we need the old to die. We can not grown with out change and if we are not growing eventually we will decay. The beginning of transformation

Bad. Unwilling to accept change, Hanging on to status quo. afraid to move forward , stagnation

Indifferent: Change for change sake , a new cycle is started . Like the phoenix rising from its own ashes.

Chris2041

I think the images around the top of the cauldron sum this card up for me. They are images of the transformation of Taliesin. Initiatory processes.

hopena

I was just watching a video made about another deck, and the man talking about how he loves the Death card, reminded me of Death in the DC. I keep coming back to it and then not sticking with my study of it. I nee to find some way to do so, because I miss it - it was my first proper deck, almost eight years ago.