Fool & Suns rays and wand merging

Cara Jackson

Hi guys, just a thought, any significance, you think, on the suns ray 'flowing' into the wand (i.e. shows we will have energy to manifest our creativity?) and the fact there are 14 RAYS or that it 'joins' wand on 7th RAY?
And those are feathers on his head = lightheaded (in negative) or lightness of being?
And IS it an Ostrich feather in his cap or another birds - anyone know?

Much thanks as usual x

BodhiSeed

Fool:
http://www.learntarot.com/bigjpgs/maj00.jpg
Sun:
http://www.learntarot.com/bigjpgs/maj19.jpg
I think in speaking of the sun and feathers on the Fool, it helps to compare it with the Sun. In my interpretation, the sun is the Source of All, and the rays touching the man and child represent this connection. Both the man (Fool) and child (Sun) wear a feather. To me, the feather represents a way of thinking. In the Fool's case, he has complete trust, a sense of wonder, and sees possibilities in everything. In the Sun card, this is the "wise child" - he has trust and wonder, and believes in possibilities, but unlike the Fool, he has been tempered by life's experiences and is no longer naive. I also think he consciously knows of his connection to the Source.

Cara Jackson

RWS Fool thanks

Thanks Bodhran for your great reply - STILL trying to navigate around this new website - would help if I read the 'help' notes, I presume?!?!??! But with an 11 month baby hooked on hitting every key he can, its difficult enough to get out what I want to , let alone research x

Richard

Cara Jackson said:
.....But with an 11 month baby hooked on hitting every key he can, its difficult enough to get out what I want to , let alone research x
Only eleven months old? Then you still have the Terrible Twos to look forward to. :D

BodhiSeed

Cara Jackson said:
Thanks Bodhran for your great reply - STILL trying to navigate around this new website - would help if I read the 'help' notes, I presume?!?!??! But with an 11 month baby hooked on hitting every key he can, its difficult enough to get out what I want to , let alone research x
I always thought it would be nice if mothers had an extra set of arms and hands like some of the Hindu goddesses. :D

brightcrazystar

For me, the red feather is not an ostirch feather, it alludes to a phoenix feather. It is red to alude to the sacrifice of the Xristos, as the metaphor of the pelican. But more over, it is the Benu, which is the Self-creating bird of Heliopolis, the city of the sun.

The Benu Bird is my vote. The color alludes to the sacrifice.

re-pete-a

Well thanks for that BCS.
I understood that it was associated to the higher understandings and the great bird that descends when an astral soul births.

I also have a feeling that it may be associated to the passional mind now under will or now bound in the body.

re-pete-a

Cara Jackson said:
Hi guys, just a thought, any significance, you think, on the suns ray 'flowing' into the wand (i.e. shows we will have energy to manifest our creativity?) and the fact there are 14 RAYS or that it 'joins' wand on 7th RAY?
And those are feathers on his head = lightheaded (in negative) or lightness of being?
And IS it an Ostrich feather in his cap or another birds - anyone know?

Much thanks as usual x

Pretty good observations on your behalf CJ.
I'm only guessing here.
Perhaps it's 7th ray is highlighting the need to use the Will (staff) or perhaps it's alluding to the 777 mystery.