Sacred Rebels - Alanah Fairchild

wildmoonwoman

I will FOR SURE be getting this deck!! I love Alana's decks, and while her books aren't as in depth as others, I actually love that I get a nice starting off point and am "forced" to use my intuition from there. :) Plus, just the name sacred rebels gives me the goosies. :p

I felt like the sample cards on the blue angel website were easy to read intuitively, of course its so much different in person. I just really resonate with the theme of this deck! :) I'll post my thoughts when I get it too!

Celtictarot

I don't feel a pull for getting this deck at all, I have the Journey of Love oracle, I seem to be hit and miss with the cards in this deck. So I won't be buying this one I am afraid. I don't own the Isis or the Kuan Yin oracles.

I just don't feel the energy off this deck.

darkbookworm13

Has anyone gotten this deck since the last post? I recently saw artwork from the deck in a video online, and wondered how it read for others.

nrg4vr

I was so undecided about this deck, but did purchase it and I'm glad I did! Many of the images didn't really work for me at first glance - but as I get to know it, my intuition does seem to be kicking in ; ) The book is excellent - though I try to journal about the cards I draw, before looking in the book, then I just pay attention to what words 'jump out' at me. The book is 180 pages long and has at least 2 pages on each card - including a 'healing process'. I've had great experiences with the Sacred Rebels Oracle so far, and would recommend it to others.

darkbookworm13

Thank you for the input, looking forward to learning more about this deck!

AnnaAwydd

I try to journal about the cards I draw, before looking in the book, then I just pay attention to what words 'jump out' at me.

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm doing too and I'm enjoying it, deciding what I think and how I feel first, then using the text as a prompt.

This is my first actual Oracle deck (though I've used meditation cards before) so I thought I'd go for something with a lot of guidance behind it. Not sure yet if I'm on board with the whole ethos of it but I love the art, there are so many intensely evocative cards in there.

Madrigal

This has been in and out of my cart a few times. I'm both attracted to it and somewhat averse. Part of me feels like it's a deck that has a slightly objectifying women quality to it...lots of lovely, semi-clad women which is fine here and there but I don't want a deck full of that because then it feels like something else is going on. There aren't many pictures online so I can't get a sense of the vibe. The pics I've seen I like. Is it mostly women? And do you all use it more for meditation than consulting?

sweetscarlet

This has been in and out of my cart a few times. I'm both attracted to it and somewhat averse. Part of me feels like it's a deck that has a slightly objectifying women quality to it...lots of lovely, semi-clad women which is fine here and there but I don't want a deck full of that because then it feels like something else is going on. There aren't many pictures online so I can't get a sense of the vibe. The pics I've seen I like. Is it mostly women? And do you all use it more for meditation than consulting?

I was really back and forth on this one too, but I finally broke down and I'm so glad I did.

I believe all of the images that have a person in them are, in fact, women. And a lot of them are scantily clad I suppose, but I don't feel that it's gratuitous or seedy; personally, it feels like it's meant in a more empowering way.

I actually really like this deck. I use it in conjunction with tarot, usually as an advice card at the end of a reading or on top of certain "troubling" cards that may come up in a spread, again kind of like 'advice'. I always find the cards to be really relevant to the situation I'm reading on.

Madrigal

I was really back and forth on this one too, but I finally broke down and I'm so glad I did.

I believe all of the images that have a person in them are, in fact, women. And a lot of them are scantily clad I suppose, but I don't feel that it's gratuitous or seedy; personally, it feels like it's meant in a more empowering way.

I actually really like this deck. I use it in conjunction with tarot, usually as an advice card at the end of a reading or on top of certain "troubling" cards that may come up in a spread, again kind of like 'advice'. I always find the cards to be really relevant to the situation I'm reading on.

Thank you, sweetscarlet, that's helpful.