Favorite Oracle decks for Meditation/Insight over Divination

MandMaud

MandMaud, depends on the oracle, I think. Different oracles work differently for different people. I know there are many oracle readers in AT and was interested in any decks used for more insight than divination.

I'll have to eavesdrop a little, methinx. :)

Those Psycards look nice at first glance. But I'm only being a digression here, as I'm not looking for oracle cards! So I'll shut up. :D

Barleywine

GD, let us know if you're successful in finding an oracle deck that works well for you. I'm always on the lookout for fresh perspectives.

Any thoughts on use of the "tattwa cards" for this purpose? The "flashing colors" can be mesmerizing.

Attachments

• tattwa-scrying-deck.jpg
    tattwa-scrying-deck.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 97

greatdane

Hi Barleywine

I think the Tao Stones is what I will use for "other." I gifted my psycards because I didn't use it, although I thought it was great. As far as decks, I think tarot and Lenormand are all I want for now. But I DO love Tao Stones. That deck you shared, wow. Not something I would use, although it reminds me of tests we ran in psych class :).

MandMaud

Those tattwa cards are like something I bought for my son, when he was a toddler, when we lived in Japan. I couldn't read the instructions! but I think they were intended for teaching shapes and colours, but there were also folded cards (like greeting cards) with cut-out shapes, giving a different view as you unfolded - sometimes several folds per card. So you'd see a plain green square, for example, then open one side and it would be green and white stripes, then another and it would have diagonal yellows or something. I never did much with them, but now I wish I still had them. Apart from anything else the quality was wonderful, printing perfectly lined-up with cut-out areas, beautiful cardstock, etc. Being Japanese of course! All their paper things are of delicious quality. At the time I didn't know what to do with something that I couldn't "use" (would have been different if they'd fascinated him, but I now know he's far more aural than visual).

Barleywine

Those tattwa cards are like something I bought for my son, when he was a toddler, when we lived in Japan. I couldn't read the instructions! but I think they were intended for teaching shapes and colours

I think the cards of that name you'll find on-line now are intended for meditation and "skrying in the astral." Personally, I think I'd use a "black mirror" for the latter. The "flashing colors" tend to give me a headache if I stare at them too long.

Elven

I don't have decks other than tarot and Lenormand right now. I was interested in oracles or whatever meditation/insight, over divination, decks ATers use. I'm not looking for a divination deck, more something to use to focus. ATers? Thoughts?

FWIW, if I'm looking for something to more than a reading - some insight to reflect to look inside me and meditate with, I use the Sabian Symbols. They are a word Oracle - no pictures, with a sentence title. They do come with a Oracle meaning - which I can read to give me a few pointers on where I start, so sometimes I will just sit with the sentence and see what pictures and correlations I receive.

I also like to use bibliomancy - Opening a book, choosing a paragraph and reflecting on that.

Otherwise I usually chose an artist who draws their own Oracles and has a spiritual purpose behind their creations - Toni Carmine Salerno comes to mind.
http://www.blueangelonline.com/prints_fine_art_prints.html