Favourite Oracle deck

6 Haunted Days

marsgrrl said:
Hey 6--

Ihave tried a few on the fly. Meaning I hadn't really studied much at all. Just sort of looked up things as I went. However they were accurate! There is so much to absorb, the geomancy and all. Plus learning an entirely different system than what I am used to with tarot or my small playing card knowledge. I am bery intrigued, but it is slow going.

Yes it is a lot to absorb and learn, a whole new system. I am finding it extremely enjoyable, fun and enthralling though.....but my time is limited so I am slowly making more progress. At least I had an instant connection to the deck and the process, almost like I was meant to have it type of thing. So for only having it not even 2 weeks with limited study I can attempt readings with it w/o having to look up much. Just practicing etc.

I would love to start up a study group but I don't see a lot of interest in it other than what was on that Cortez thread. But I think a study group would be very helpful and encouraging for the few who love it so much.

Le Fanu

Stumbled across this. Thought I'd bump!

MareSaturni

My collection is made basically of oracle decks, lol, so it's hard for me to make a list.

My all-time favorite oracle deck is the Playing Card Oracles, that I have been learning since 2007 and it has become my main reading deck.

Second, I think, would be the 13 Witches Runes, according to the method taught by Susan Sheppard in her book A Witch's Runes.

Others I'd include in a list of favorites would be:

- Bird Cards: The Healing Power of the Bird Kingdom
- Ascension to Paradise: The Transcendent Power of the Bird Kingdom

The two decks are "sisters", and I love them both. I absolutely love birds and I truly enjoy working with them and learning more about them through these decks.

- Egyptian Scarab Oracle

Works similarly to the runes, but requires a bit of knowledge about the Egyptian Mythology. I really like it! Of all Egyptian-theme decks/oracles out there, for me it's the best one.

- Wisdom of the Hidden Realms

Hum.. yes. I can't explain. I usually dislike decks with computer art or obvious photomanipulation... but I like this one. I think it's very accurate and nice to work with! I like how it seems to have a fantasy universe of its own, with unique characters.

- Titania's Fortune Cards

Don't laugh! :laugh: This was the first Lenormand deck I really learnt to read with, so it has a special place in my heart. And I love the colors of this deck!

There are also two decks I'm just beginning my work with, but they have great potential to end up in my list of favorites:
- Cards of Alchemy
- Pages of Shustah

MystiqueMoonlight

I'm with Marina on this one. The only deck I use besides a Tarot is the Ana Cortez Playing Cards (PCO). I wouldn't even classify it as an oracle deck because that term conjures up such things as Titania and Angel cards. The PCO deck is way more significant and far more useful to me.

Emily

My favourite Oracle isn't a deck, can I still post it here? I've searched and the only postings I've found on my favourite oracle are the one's I've made.

They are the Animal Speak Runes - they are a bit of a hybrid, called Runes but not in the traditional sense.

http://www.dragonhawkpublishing.com/animal-speak_runes.htm

I really like to use these because they are to the point, they give good clear readings and are very easy to use. You don't have to struggle to learn a new system and a reading can be as simple as reaching into the bag and drawing a Rune out, or taking a handful of Runes and dropping them, only reading the faceup ones or you can use a spread. I have used tarot spreads for them. The companion book that comes with them is small in size but not information. Everything you need to know to use these Runes is there. But because they are all animals, it leaves scope for intuition. Also they are very portable being small and in their own bag, the book doesn't take up much space in my bag either. :)

Lokisen

Like Marina, I really like the "Wisdom of the Hidden Realms" deck. I also like the Bonewitz "Maya Deck"; I love its complexity and the blunt, intense way it reads. Furthermore, I'm fond of the "Druid Animal Oracle"--the card images are wonderful and the companion book is very informative and interesting :) --one of the best LWBs I've seen yet.

peaceandkarma

I love the Goddess Guidance and Ascended Masters Oracle Cards.

ATLAST75

my favourite ones

French ones :

GRAND LENORMAND
ORACLE DES MIROIRS
ORACLE DE LA TRIADE
ORACLE DESSUART
ORACLE PSY
YI KING (coins/cards)
and others!

English ones:

ENERGY ORACLE CARDS