Need help with this Pentacle Combination - King and Four

MissCW

Hello everyone, I thought I would post this in the Druidcraft forum rather than the Using Cards forum as the Four is slightly different from other decks and I wanted people who use the Druidcraft a lot to have a look, if you dont mind.

Over and over, in all my readings for myself I am getting a card combination of King of Pentacles and Four of Pentacles.

I thought I had it sorted straight off, the man who gives nothing away. Too solid, too safe, maybe even a bit too obsessed with the practical and material. The man in the Four of Pentacles I have always seen as locking something away, not taking it out and the King of Pentacles looks quite happy where he is. Not a chap who is going to take any chances!

I've tried all the usual interpretations but the same combination keeps appearing so it obviously isnt this. At first I was just getting it in relation to a relationship question I had asked but now its popping up in all my readings, something is important about this message!

I even asked my cards why I am still getting this combo and got the High Priestess reversed. I think she's telling me I'm not right, I'm not listening to my intuition and its true, my interpretation doesnt feel quite right.

So if anyone has any thoughts, looking at the cards could you please share them with me so this combo will go away!

I should say as well, I was using reversals but both cards are coming in the upright position.

Cactus

Maybe the King represents you and the quality of perhaps making a firm decision about work, home, anything material (money, appliances...) and not wavering.

Maybe a decision's been made and the 4 of Pent is a warning to maybe lighten up and give in or let something go instead of "hoarding" or keeping something.

I always try to remind myself that a court card can be a type of personality - a quality that you or someone else has, and that it's not necessarily a person. Of course you know that! And that might put a different spin on the cards.

I do love the DruidCraft deck!

starrystarrynight

Could it mean that you are so worried about holding onto your current possessions or status, that you are missing the bigger picture and some potential that would help you to create an even better and more secure life for yourself? (Or, as the old adage says, you are tripping over a dollar to pick up a dime in whatever situation you are asking about?)

Sulis

Here are the 2 cards:

http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/370/Druid_Craft#36
http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/370/Druid_Craft#26

Yes I agree, the bloke in the 4 of Pentacles looks like he's locking away something precious to keep it safe and the Pentacle King has got where he is by hard graft and now he's quite content and comfortable.

These 2 cards together are saying security to me.

Maybe in order for you to achieve the King of Pentacles' level of comfort, securitly and feeling happy with himself, you have to keep something to yourself, keep something safe.

Or maybe they are just telling you that security, you own security is important to you right now or should be something that you're focusing on.

Failing that, the cards together are very earthy.. Maybe you've had your head in the clouds for a while and you really need to work on staying grounded.

MissCW

You know I am really embarrassed to say this but it has never once crossed my mind that this could be about me. I always put this down to other people. But it actually does make sense.

God, talk about as plain as the nose on your face. I can see that reversed High Priestess saying "Durr..!!" at me now lol. I dont see myself like this but I can see how I can come across like this.

Hmmm, that has taken me back and given me a lot to think about. Thanks everyone.

HellzBelle

The first thought that popped into my head about looking at these two cards in combination Miss CW, was that perhaps you need to be a little more giving of yourself, not necessarily of your personal material/fiscal resources, but in spirit, being supportive.
Is there some situation that you've not wanted to become involved in for what it might 'cost' you in regards to your own peace of mind?

Anyway, just my thoughts. You are welcome to use them or dismiss them.