Ever do the same reading with different decks and get the same cards show up

Talulah26

This often happens to me, if I do a reading and I dont like the spread ill do it again but will often have the same cards show up, presuming its just how im shuffling the cards ill move on to another deck only to get the same cards show up, often in the same positions as previously, ill move on to a third deck and when the same cards show there's little left to argue with.
It always happens yet I still find it a little creepy and upsetting when its usually a negative spread.
Do you find sometimes your cards get stuck on a loop like this? where same cards keep showing up? is there anyway of encouraging a more positive outcome or card spreads for situations?

Grizabella

Well, if you're using the cards seeking an answer, you wouldn't want them to lie to you, probably. So getting the same cards answering the same question from multiple decks should be expected, don't you think? Even if identical cards don't turn up, cards giving the same answer in a little different way should be expected. And even negative situations as part of life anyway. If you get a negative reading, just ask the cards how to deal with it in the most constructive way.

jolie_amethyst

I'd be more concerned if I got a totally dissimilar reading, for all the reasons Grizabella stated. A second reading that confirms the first, even with the same deck, is a pretty big hint from the Universe that I probably need to pay attention to what the cards are telling me.

That said, I understand the desire for a positive reading among all the doom and gloom. I'm in a position where there isn't likely to be a positive outcome, and the cards tend to reflect that. I've taken to asking them lately for "something positive I can take from this situation". They'll often oblige with responses that show me what I'll learn, reminders like the Wheel that note that cycles are inevitable so it can't be this bad forever, and cards that I perceive as reminders to be grateful for the blessings I do have. It helps.

I also am using the Druid Animal & Plant Oracle decks to give me something to meditate & work on without fear of the Tower, Death, the Five of Cups, and the Ten of Swords showing up every time I turn a card. :) Perhaps you can find a good Oracle deck to work with for days when you can't bear what Tarot has to say on a subject?

Talulah26

Well, if you're using the cards seeking an answer, you wouldn't want them to lie to you, probably. So getting the same cards answering the same question from multiple decks should be expected, don't you think? Even if identical cards don't turn up, cards giving the same answer in a little different way should be expected. And even negative situations as part of life anyway. If you get a negative reading, just ask the cards how to deal with it in the most constructive way.

I know its just I always seem to get the worst cards, 10 of swords, the tower, the devil, 5 of cups and when asking about something really big that pretty much decides my future, its disheartening to see the same negative outcomes show up. Must remember to ask the cards for advice about situations and dealing with negativity.
Thanks for replying :)

Talulah26

I'd be more concerned if I got a totally dissimilar reading, for all the reasons Grizabella stated. A second reading that confirms the first, even with the same deck, is a pretty big hint from the Universe that I probably need to pay attention to what the cards are telling me.

That said, I understand the desire for a positive reading among all the doom and gloom. I'm in a position where there isn't likely to be a positive outcome, and the cards tend to reflect that. I've taken to asking them lately for "something positive I can take from this situation". They'll often oblige with responses that show me what I'll learn, reminders like the Wheel that note that cycles are inevitable so it can't be this bad forever, and cards that I perceive as reminders to be grateful for the blessings I do have. It helps.

I also am using the Druid Animal & Plant Oracle decks to give me something to meditate & work on without fear of the Tower, Death, the Five of Cups, and the Ten of Swords showing up every time I turn a card. :) Perhaps you can find a good Oracle deck to work with for days when you can't bear what Tarot has to say on a subject?

Thanks and yes a dissimilar reading would be more of a cause for concern, its often hard to accept the truth when its so negative each time and I know the cards can be wrong and nothings written in stone and sometimes negative feelings or anxiety's can effect the cards but when the same cards show up that many times in the same positions with different decks its worrying to think of whats ahead, especially coming from negative situations, its almost like walking out of one and straight into another. I dont have oracle cards but will look into getting a pack. :) thanks for answering x

VioletEye

This often happens to me, if I do a reading and I dont like the spread ill do it again

i really hope this doesn't sound harsh, because it's really not meant to be. i know that it sucks to have those cards come up over and over again... :heart:
but - life isn't always great. sometimes sh*t happens. and re-doing spreads over and over because you don't like what you see isn't what's going to change that. (because what's the point of tarot if you don't think the cards are telling you something?) from what i've
experienced, that's not what tarot is all about: it's about figuring out how to deal with it.

i believe that readings tell you what could possibly come to pass, if nothing changes. my advice would be to not ask the same questions, or lay the same spreads repeatedly , but to ask another, related question: "what can i do to avoid this tower situation?" "how can i give myself comfort during this time?" "is there anything that i should avoid in order to mitigate the situation?" then you can move past the (possibly) bad news and onward.

good luck! :)

greatdane

Yes, I've read and had the SAME cards or similar cards come up so the meaning was basically the same. If I thought I hadn't made the question clear enough and rephrased, I've had the EXACT same card come up whether with the same deck (I SHUFFLE A LOT, so whether the same or a different deck, it is something I pay attention to when I get the same card in a row) or a different one, rephrasing the SAME question.

If you read to seek advice, then it isn't really surprising if the same card or cards come up.

Sometimes though even if different ones come up, it doesn't negate the first reading, but may be showing you a different option or rephrasing in a different way.

I think of readings as talking to a friend or friends, they are trying to give you advice, perhaps warn you or showing where a certain path you're on may lead.

If you do more than one reading, it could be showing you where the other road will follow if you don't follow the one from the first reading or if the Universe really is trying to get a message across, I may get the same reading.

I also think the Universe, the cards, our higher self, whatever you think is propelling the answer, may not wish to answer certain questions for whatever reason or, at times, have a sense of humor :), like fine, you want to keep asking this question, here ya go!

nisaba

This often happens to me
Doesn't happen to me. I don't do two readings on the same thing.

if I do a reading and I dont like the spread ill do it again but will often have the same cards show up,
See, this should be teaching you something about Tarot. What it should be teaching you is that Tarot cards make nothing happen, they just reflect what's out there in the world. Pulling bad cards won't create disasters any more than a blind person's guide-dog pulling the person away from a runaway truck creates the dangerous truck. Both of them are just warnings of what is out there already, warnings you should listen to, not try to change (in this case by doing more and more readings hoping for better cards). What should really be happening is that you take note of the warnings, then act realistically out there in the real world.

ill move on to a third deck and when the same cards show there's little left to argue with.
<sigh> Isn't that a bit excessive?

If you're not going to take note of your readings, why do them at all?

Do you find sometimes your cards get stuck on a loop like this?
It's not your cards that are stuck on a loop. They are just doing their job. It is you who need to change whatever it is you are doing wrong in the world to create that negativity.

is there anyway of encouraging a more positive outcome or card spreads for situations?
Yes! At last!

Change how you are living! Make different decisions, different choices.

If you keep doing the same things that brought on bad outcomes before, they are going to bring on bad outcomes again.

When you deal with the negatives in your life, then the cards will change.

karlwb

Yes, I get “cross deck communication” all the time.
I possess several Tarot decks (and a standard 52 card deck that I carry around in my shirt pocket as well). I usually make a conscious effort not to view the card’s faces before a reading. However, the bottom card of the deck sometimes likes to make its presence known. And more often than not, it’s a card drawn in another recent reading using a different deck. This happens quite often when I draw a “Card of the Day” with the 52 card deck (Tarot “Lite”, translating the pips directly, abbreviating the Court, and no Trumps). I take this as a reinforcement of the card in the original reading, elevating its relevance.
KwB

Talulah26

i really hope this doesn't sound harsh, because it's really not meant to be. i know that it sucks to have those cards come up over and over again... :heart:
but - life isn't always great. sometimes sh*t happens. and re-doing spreads over and over because you don't like what you see isn't what's going to change that. (because what's the point of tarot if you don't think the cards are telling you something?) from what i've
experienced, that's not what tarot is all about: it's about figuring out how to deal with it.

i believe that readings tell you what could possibly come to pass, if nothing changes. my advice would be to not ask the same questions, or lay the same spreads repeatedly , but to ask another, related question: "what can i do to avoid this tower situation?" "how can i give myself comfort during this time?" "is there anything that i should avoid in order to mitigate the situation?" then you can move past the (possibly) bad news and onward.

good luck! :)

Thanks so much, have never really thought about asking how to avoid the situations, sometimes I forget that the situations can be unavoidable, will definatly be asking the cards for advice in the future rather than specific outcomes.