How do you know when your deck is reflecting your fears from the truth?

etherealtarot

I'm not sure if my question makes sense. But I know when people aren't in the right frame of mind, tarot picks up on how we feel opposed to what is true.

How do you know when your deck is reflecting you? I just got a card and I said "This can't be true." especially because of my current situation. But it exactly represents my fears.

Should I trust my first thought?

Rhapsodin

Perhaps it's offering you the opportunity to face a fear? If your question concerned you, yes it would reflect you in relation so your question. Having said that, I'm no great reader and because of that, in a similar situation, it's one of the things I would consider. A little analysis about how it might relate to your situation and question would seem appropriate.

MasterJm

I don't feel ready to answer your question, but i will quote something. "Sometimes intuition is a unconsciousness wish". B.Hellinger.

Rhapsodin

I'm not sure if my question makes sense. But I know when people aren't in the right frame of mind, tarot picks up on how we feel opposed to what is true.

This does raise a point of interest, however. If one is exploring oneself. Opting to take readings in different 'moods' could reveal aspects of ourselves of which we may be unaware and need to consider.

re-pete-a

How do you know when your deck is reflecting you? I just got a card and I said "This can't be true." especially because of my current situation. But it exactly represents my fears.

Should I trust my first thought?

Congratulations...That is Tarot in it's essence..

First impressions are usually drowned out via overthinking, destroying trust ...a trick of the noisy ego to remain in control via fears...it's also an attempt to create doubts and mistrusts, all of which , if you listen to it , will drag your mind back into the chattering monkey mind...

MasterJm

This does raise a point of interest, however. If one is exploring oneself. Opting to take readings in different 'moods' could reveal aspects of ourselves of which we may be unaware and need to consider.

I don't read never the cards when i am in bad mood, depressive or angry. Wait to calm first. But some times i feel that the cards could reveal just emotional now and here, nothing more.

Uncle Fester

Re "this can't be tru"

Good point the cards when one is in a good mood will often show a good outcome but ask the very same question in a negative mood and you'll get the opposite of a good outcome!
Never step into the same river twice!
But as regards is the card reflecting your fears or actuality I am a great believer in doing the correct spread which should give some structure instead of looking at cards and thinking well this could be a multitude of stuff!! And maybe for example not that you have to use this but a spread you know well, the celtic cross for example shows some structure as to if its someonelses thoughts or influence or external beyond that even...or if its your view on it and not necessarily what's gonna happen etc

MasterJm

Good point the cards when one is in a good mood will often show a good outcome but ask the very same question in a negative mood and you'll get the opposite of a good outcome!

Τhe truth.

the celtic cross for example shows some structure as to if its someonelses thoughts or influence or external beyond that even...or if its your view on it and not necessarily what's gonna happen etc

I am not sure. See my question "What kind of relationship have/will they have" in the topic "Your Readings" and you will understand.
See also the topic with the Chariot who we could not understand who is the Charioteer in that case, me, she or both.
My failed, disappointing and confusing experiments.

etherealtarot

I don't feel ready to answer your question, but i will quote something. "Sometimes intuition is a unconsciousness wish". B.Hellinger.

Wow. I can definitely see this. I did get a card that shows an outcome of what I don't want to happen.. but it's definitely something I expect. Thank you

etherealtarot

Perhaps it's offering you the opportunity to face a fear? If your question concerned you, yes it would reflect you in relation so your question. Having said that, I'm no great reader and because of that, in a similar situation, it's one of the things I would consider. A little analysis about how it might relate to your situation and question would seem appropriate.

That is very true. Yesterday, I was very worried and anxious over something and I believe the card that appeared [3 of swords] was definitely telling me to face my fear. However, I didn't see it that way at first. I was worried about the outcome. Thank god, it was good... not at all what I expected. So you are right on point!

I have been having trouble with a guy friend and I've been holding my feelings in. The 3 of swords was telling me to let it out no matter how painful the truth may be. If I didn't speak up, I'd still be in the same messy situation.