How do feel about electronic tarot?

tigerlilybug

I downloaded an app for my kindle which there are many to choose from I have the galaxy tarot pro which not only does readings it also lists information in relation to the card such as suit,number,symbol,chakra,crystal,i ching,rune,zodiac,color ect. but I don't trust the accuracy and I don't really have a definitive reason for the mistrust other than it reminds me of a video game like a toy rather than a tool.

How do you feel about the electronic tarot apps?

3ill.yazi

I at first poo pooed the idea, but I've really been enjoying the Fools Dog app for the ability to keep a journal and log of my real life spreads. Still don't know how I feel about doing a reading originating in the app, as there is nothing real to feel or shuffle. But it is still an invaluable tool.

tigerlilybug

The app I have makes a shuffle sound and mixes the cards up when you shake the device and you have the option to select cards from a fanned deck or have them dealt for you. But even with those options it feels weird for me to use it for readings.

Louis Cyphre

mm... I rather prefer the traditional way.

It must feel cold and distant not being able to shuffle and touch the cards yourself.

nisaba

I have no feelings one way or the other. They don't exist in my universe, and not because of strong negative feelings, just because they're not there.

RagingAsthma

I downloaded an app for my kindle which there are many to choose from I have the galaxy tarot pro which not only does readings it also lists information in relation to the card such as suit,number,symbol,chakra,crystal,i ching,rune,zodiac,color ect. but I don't trust the accuracy and I don't really have a definitive reason for the mistrust other than it reminds me of a video game like a toy rather than a tool.

Well, funny thing you should mention the app... Haha, this app is what got me all into the Tarot, this app is the reason I went out and bought a book for beginners on Tarot. This app is the reason I bought a Tarot deck, and is the reason I've spent hours and hours studying and reading on the cards.
I guess you could say this would be a biased reply, but well, I think this app is pretty awesome. I definitely dont use it anymore. Not since I got my Deviant Moon Deck, but I'll pull it out while I'm at work, simply to look at the cards or read on some of the info they have to offer. The nice thing about it is they keep it updated.
As far as for readings... I'll definitely have to say... Despite all the good reviews it gets, it just doesnt compare to the real thing. The real thing is an amazing feeling. But I'm sure you knew that. :p

Lilianne

Hasn't affected me yet. I'm not against it though I suspect I'll be happier having physical cards. The computer has been an absolute boon for (exoteric!) knowledge and engaging in discussion such as here but the amount of time I spend with the cards, I don't envision computerising their use. Besides, I'm a bit of a Luddite, having neither an electronic book nor a smartphone!

avalonian

I really love the Fools Dog apps, but I do use the physical decks as well. The great thing about an app is that I can zoom in on the image to see it more clearly, for a deck like the Shadowscapes it is brilliant. I like the fact that I can carry many decks around for reference without putting my back out! Also, the Fools Dog apps usually have the guidebook as well, the first one I got was the Rosetta and I was amazed when I found it included the book.

I'm not sure if I would use an app for a full reading, but for a card of the day, or for studying, I find them really useful.

:) :) :)

Jdance

My first introduction to tarot was on Phuture Me and I have always liked it. I hadn't heard of the Fool's Dog app. Will have to check it out.

Phuture me is a great starter, no reversals though.. good when you are just learning. plus you can be a member and save your spreads with your account, which is free :)

Catgirl

I have the Galaxy Tarot app. I love the sound it makes when it "shuffles." I am currently using as a learning tool, not to do actual readings. I normally do Draw a Card, then whatever comes up, I identify it and think about its meanings. Then when I'm ready, flip it over and compare my meanings to the ones given on the app.