Medium pretending to be a reader?

ravenest

I know of people who set themselves up as tarot readers who cant read tarot ... fortunately they dont last long. They just get a deck of cards , set themselves up and tell stories about the pretty pictures ..... they get psychic 'hunches' as well. A lot of the times people cant tell ... so it probably doesnt matter .

IMO a reading off one of these might not be that different from the one (with a fairy deck) that tells you what type of fairy you are and you get it painted on your face as well ... all for $15 - yes ... we had one of those at the local markets ... after a while she started advertising 'fairy sexual tantra' ... some people make stuff up as they go along ... and sometimes they have a line of customers waiting.

greatdane

OK RAVENEST YOU WIN!

You made this Crone literally laugh out loud about those naughty fairies!

celticnoodle

I know of people who set themselves up as tarot readers who cant read tarot ... fortunately they dont last long. They just get a deck of cards , set themselves up and tell stories about the pretty pictures ..... they get psychic 'hunches' as well. A lot of the times people cant tell ... so it probably doesnt matter .

IMO a reading off one of these might not be that different from the one (with a fairy deck) that tells you what type of fairy you are and you get it painted on your face as well ... all for $15 - yes ... we had one of those at the local markets ... after a while she started advertising 'fairy sexual tantra' ... some people make stuff up as they go along ... and sometimes they have a line of customers waiting.

as usual, you made me laugh too, ravenest. you crack me up! :D

Its amazing what people will pay for though, isn't it?

though, I am also amazed really that people will even pay $500.00 or more for a tarot card reading lasting only 30 minutes to an hour and they sure do this, too. No, if I have to pay as much or more then a car payment for a reading--I'll pass, thank you very much. But I do know people who will pay this and be happy to do so! And, these psychic mediums have waiting lists!!!

Idiot customers. :rolleyes:

Holly doll

:bugeyed:

Can't wait to pay a visit to those markets... What kind of "fairies" was this person channelling...?

ravenest

as usual, you made me laugh too, ravenest. you crack me up! :D

Its amazing what people will pay for though, isn't it?

though, I am also amazed really that people will even pay $500.00 or more for a tarot card reading lasting only 30 minutes to an hour and they sure do this, too. No, if I have to pay as much or more then a car payment for a reading--I'll pass, thank you very much. But I do know people who will pay this and be happy to do so! And, these psychic mediums have waiting lists!!!

Idiot customers. :rolleyes:

WHAT!!??? Is that a Tierra del Fueagan dollar ... that is worth A$0.12 ?

DiamondsRForever

I agree with/understand the author's approach. Despite the fact that I do know how to read the tarot, I prefer to use clairvoyance to read for people over cards. Laying out cards gives you the opportunity to distract the querent while you are discovering options for them.

nisaba

... we had one of those at the local markets ... after a while she started advertising 'fairy sexual tantra'

She was doing this at the MARKETS?

With gruff old blokes and spotty teenagers queueing at the tent-flaps, listening and waiting their turn?

Tantra is Indian, no? I wasn't aware they had fairies. Devas' yes. Perhaps she taught tantric sex to the fairies at the bottom of her garden.

Did Ravenest ever tell you about the time he got stuck in quicksand and was rescued by a fairy, or was he too embarrassed?

nisaba

Laying out cards gives you the opportunity to distract the querent while you are discovering options for them.

Why would you need to distract them? I prefer my clients focussed on the reading.

greatdane

Still confused DiamondsRForever

Are sitters to be duped into thinking they're getting a tarot readg while the psychic/medium picks up whatever from them? Sitters thought they were getting a "reading" from a tarot reader and they weren't.

No matter what the intention of the psychic, to know NOTHING about tarot and market yourself as a tarot reader doesn't seem very honest. I typed in direct quotes from her book and her clients obviously went to her for a tarot reading, which they didn't get. Her insecurity doesn't seem a good enough reason to lie or mislead sitters.

GlitterNova

I think what bugs me most about the original post is that she wasn't actually asked about *her* use of the cards, she was asked about their general usage. I think it's fair to say that most readers don't use the cards as distractions, and that's something she probably knows. Instead of acknowledging that and talking about how her use of them was outside the norm, she just dives in talking about using the cards as props. I'd be afraid a layperson would read this and just assume that that was normal.