New Lenormand Deck with an Old Look

Penthasilia

Are you done with the ones with the poems? I am gonna hold off til those are done- as I prefer the poems to the card inserts.

Gorgeous work as always! :)

seven stars

Wanna make a poem game?

You know it's funny you should ask because I am actually working on those right this minute. I am up to the Garden card & pondering poems.

Actually.....it would be kind of fun if people in here suggested short little poems to be included on the cards! I'll post the ones I have so far. Keep in mind I wanted them to sound old-worldy & the font is the same as the original old German font so the "S" and the "k" look a little odd.

The next card is the Garden. I'll post what the original poem for that card was. I don't speak German but according to google translate it was something like, "Wait professional ethics, you Ründet the garden Biel Gefellig time Bring the nächfte time."....I don't have a lot of luck with Google translate. And I think I can come up with a better poem, or you guys might?

I can finish them I just thought this might be fun.

Attachments

• Lenormand Poems 1 thru 19.jpg
    Lenormand Poems 1 thru 19.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 300

Penthasilia

You know it's funny you should ask because I am actually working on those right this minute. I am up to the Garden card & pondering poems.

Actually.....it would be kind of fun if people in here suggested short little poems to be included on the cards! I'll post the ones I have so far. Keep in mind I wanted them to sound old-worldy & the font is the same as the original old German font so the "S" and the "k" look a little odd.

The next card is the Garden. I'll post what the original poem for that card was. I don't speak German but according to google translate it was something like, "Wait professional ethics, you Ründet the garden Biel Gefellig time Bring the nächfte time."....I don't have a lot of luck with Google translate. And I think I can come up with a better poem, or you guys might?

I can finish them I just thought this might be fun.

Those are great! HAHAHA- you don't want my help in poetry- or else this project will last an eternity!

Wait- that last statement DID kinda rhyme! Hmmm- maybe a little bit in me after all! :D

A great source of inspiration though would be on the Owl cards- I am sure there are some english verse pics on the internet- could provide a handy source. :) I remember them rhyming well and having the full nuance of the idea behind them, even if they seemed slightly off from the French counterparts.

ladybird

Super thumbs up! :heart: I'd love to get a bridge size with the verses and a mini with the playing card inserts. So many choices for card backs again! The red is lovely and I'm digging the green backs too! Awesome work as always! How much will the mini be? Thanks again for offering a discount to AT members. You're the best! :)

seven stars

It seems like whenever I do things I make it so complicated for people (lots of card back choices, choice of borders, choice of inserts, etc etc etc) so when it came to pricing.....from *my* end, editing all the cards to the different sizes was just as complicated for mini as for poker size. It wasn't a matter of just clicking "resize", because I didn't want to distort the images. It took a lot of editing to get all three sizes. I'm not whining about it, but when it came to pricing, I thought, really, just make everything the same price. Twenty bucks for any of them.

However, it's been pointed out to me that a lot of times people want multiple decks, and that I should do a combo-pack deal. There are several people who already bought & paid for multiple decks, so I do not want to dis those people, but I can see the point of doing a combo pack deal. (If you're reading this & you already bought multiple decks, message me & I'll figure out a way to make up the extra few bucks to you or something.)

So, how about this:
Single decks (any size) = $20.
Poker/Bridge size & a mini size =$35
All three sizes = $50

Sound fair?

greatdane

question answered!

I thought the images looked familiar and Lee already answered it. These are the same basic images from the di Roberto deck, just these are the real vintage look with the inserts.

seven stars

Ya she probably got them from the public domain Lenormand 1892-1931 Altenburger Spielkarten & Co deck. That's what these are. Spielkarten means playing cards so I just left it 'Vintage Altenburger Lenormand' since who is going to remember Altenburger Spielkarten who doesn't speak German? I don't know what her inserts are, the originals had poems (like the last one in the group I just posted), so I substituted the poems with vintage German playing cards & after I finish making new poems for the last 20 cards I'll put them out with the new poems in English as well.

ladybird

So, how about this:
Single decks (any size) = $20.
Poker/Bridge size & a mini size =$35
All three sizes = $50

Sound fair?

Cool, 7*s, thank you! Sounds perfectly fair! I totally understand the work it takes to put these together. I've been working on resizing to fit a mini too and it takes some time! This deal is perfect! I will be ordering a bridge and a mini size with borders! The verses are intriguing so I'm going to wait until you're done with those. Looking forward to it. Thanks again! :heart:

seven stars

Poems

I just finished the rest of the poems....

I'm going to put the playing card correspondences on the side (shown on bottom row). They're ready though, if anyone wants this verson. =))

Attachments

• Poems 20 thru 36.jpg
    Poems 20 thru 36.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 228