Tarot of the Old Path - Study Group - 6 Rods

Emily

Tarot of the Old Path - Study Group
6 Rods

This card shows an older Knight, looking weary but pleased. He is in full battle armour, no helmet, and wears a laurel wreath around his neck, a tunic of red and a cloak of orange. He holds one of the Rods in his right hand, the other hand guides his horse.

The horse is also covered, not sure what the covering for the horse is called, - its in the colours of orange, yellow, and purple, tinted also with hues of red. The horse is also alert with his eyes and ears forward - maybe waiting for the congratulations that are sure to come.

This Knight has fought his battle and come through, but not unscathed, and it won't be his last battle for he is an old Knight, and maybe this battle took alot out of him but his experience and unfailing confidence enabled him to be victorious.

Colours:-

Red - passion, energy, action
Orange - balance, movement
Purple - wisdom
Yellow - happiness, hope

I don't have the book yet so this is just my thoughts on the 6 Rods. :)

huredriel

Just a couple of extra thoughts :)

With the Knight holding his rod upright, leaves 5 behind, indicative to me of the past strife/conflict he has been engaged in, added to which the horse appears to be looking towards the past. Also he is wearing chainmail, so he knows his journey is not over.

As 6 pertains to Lovers, that while he may be stationary at present ...... a choice needs to be made in which direction he is now to follow.

mooncat2

Emily......you've probably written more than the book has. I have it and found it disappointing....only ever use it to look up the ocasional plant.

Just adding a few more thoughts.

The woods depicted in the suit of Rods are either ash, birch or willow.

In the 6 they are Birch which signifies spring, growth, renewal.
Birch trees grow in groves........necessary because they increase through root growth not seeds. They grow to the same height.......if one grew too tall it could fall in the wind (weak root structure) and endanger the entire grove.

The Knight wears the laurel victory wreath.........he has shown confidence and leadership and he also bears the weight of this responsibility but his achievement couldn't have happened without the loyalty, friendship and support of others.

Astrologically Jupiter/Growth and expansion.......in Leo....the above qualities are all associated with this zodiac sign.

Chara

Thoughts I've had with this card...

Compared to many other Six of Rods cards, this one looks rather...modest. He doesn't need any fanfare to show that he has overcome his obstacles. It's enough for him to know that he's done it.

He carries away only one of the rods. He doesn't need the rest of it - the attention, the conflict, the trimmings. He has learned what he needed to, and takes away only what is necessary.

To the victor goes the spoils, but more than that, what exactly is the prize? What is it you take away from each struggle, each victory, and each loss? What is it you leave behind? Is it really enough to win?