The Healing Tarot Deck is COMPLETE

Tarotwolf

My God! I know everyone has different tastes in art, but please - this deck is downright terrible. The artwork itself is technically weak, the imagery cliched and many of the images are just pathetic. I respect other people's opinions, but I'm calling this one as I see it. It's overwelmingly bad!

Richard

My God! I know everyone has different tastes in art, but please - this deck is downright terrible. The artwork itself is technically weak, the imagery cliched and many of the images are just pathetic. I respect other people's opinions, but I'm calling this one as I see it. It's overwelmingly bad!
I hate to go against the enabling thrust of AT :rolleyes:, but I must agree with you.

Le Fanu

To be honest, I have seen far worse, though I still think it's in the Schiffer "oops" camp.

Schiffer only publishes two types of decks. Their decks can be divided into the fabulous (Mary-El, Son Tarot, Tarot of the Sidhe, Transparent, Lowbrow etc ) and the others, like Shadowfox etc.

However, I have seen far worse decks in terms of artwork.

However, the name is an absolute killer. We have to be careful with what we say as I'd hate to upset anyone etc Oh but any name but this... I'd leave names like this to Doreen Virtue and - weirdly - the deck doesn't actually look as I imagined a deck of this name would, once I'd actually uncringed and clicked on the links.

I think decks must must must have very well-thought out names as I now realise how important the name of a deck is before I even click on the link. Or not.

ann823

Thank you Tarotwolf- I thought it was just me.

Rhinemaiden

There is an art to naming, which is often sacrificed in favor of "cute" or "lofty" neither of which seem to work very well.

Without naming names of decks I abhor because of the names given to them, I'll point to MRP as being aces in naming decks. Descriptive, to the point, what you read is what you get: Tarot of Prague, Victorian Romantic, Bohemian Gothic, Bohemian Cats, Victorian Flower Oracle, Fairytale, Fantastic Menagerie. Every one on the mark!

juno-lucina

The Healing Tarot is finally OUT--and link to an interview!

It's been a long journey, but The Healing Tarot decks that were pre-ordered are beginning to arrive (released May 28th), and we've already received such positive feedback--thanks to those of you who have been so encouraging! I also appreciate the honest opinions of those who don't like the artwork or the title--it takes all sorts in this wonderful world of tarot, and I wouldn't have it any other way! PLEASE take a moment to check out our website or look over the completed deck if you get the chance--I think you won't be disappointed, and the extensive book that accompanies the deck will surprise and delight you, I suspect. This is definitely NOT an ambiguous, airy fairy deck--it is a practical deck full of resources to learn to do health and wellness readings. As always, thanks for the support and feedback. Please follow us on our facebook page for card draws and meaning discussions.

I was interviewed about the deck by Marla Brooks on Stirring the Cauldron--it's a fun listen if you'ld like more information. Here's the link to the interview:
http://stirringthecauldron.podomatic.com/entry/2013-05-29T16_56_18-07_00

Be Well,
Juno
http://thehealingtarot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/TheHealingTarotDeck

shadowdancer

I am still frustrated here, as I ordered through BD. They are still showing it as unavailable. So if you take into account it takes around 3 weeks from time of posting I am some way off from getting it.

juno-lucina

Bd?

I am still frustrated here, as I ordered through BD. They are still showing it as unavailable. So if you take into account it takes around 3 weeks from time of posting I am some way off from getting it.

I am SO SORRY for the delay Shadowdancer! What source is "BD" that still lists the deck as unavailable?

--Juno

shadowdancer

BD = bookdepository

I just hope they hold on until it arrives instead of cancelling. That is something they often resort to doing.

rwcarter

Don't know if it helps shadowdancer, but I just got an email that my Amazon order has shipped and should be here on Wednesday.