SUNSTONE for Discs

greatdane

I have some problem with degenerative discs in my back. I feel the pain in my hip, but my dr. assures me from xrays, it is from the discs in my back.

If it worse when I sleep because the longer I don't move, stay in one position, the worse it can get.

I tried a flat sunstone a friend had given me, placed it on my spine and the top of my sweatpants held it in place as I slept. I woke up with very little discomfort when I have been having pain in the morning.

Now, I know this is anecdotal, just my experience, but that was all I had done differently and this is ongoing. I am not saying it CURED anything, I am just saying it helped with the pain. MIGHT be worth a shot if you any joint, bone type probs.

Padma

Black tourmaline can assist with this, too. I taped some to my husband's sore thighs once, and he woke very relieved. Crystals work well, I find, when combined as an "assistant" to medicines. They seem to make the meds work better, or at least, provide something the meds don't. In any case, so far, the meds seem to work less when not combined with a stone.

I'm not sure how they do it, besides energy-related work, but they do seem to be great aides/complimentary help, to Western meds. :)

I don't think I would entirely give up meds in favour of crystals, however, especially for severe conditions. Crystals don't make up for not seeing your doctor, and taking their advice.

greatdane

Thanks Padma

I will check that out.

And yes, I agree re doctors. I know what I have and that it is chronic. My option is to take a pain pill or a muscle relaxer. I do certain exercises, I have to watch how I move and while I have the strength to do quite a bit of walking, I pay for it the next day if I overdo.

So yes it is really important to me to get my doctor or doctors diagnose, but if all they can offer re pain is a pill, that's when I will try alternative options.

The sunstone worked better than the muscle relaxer I have (that I take SPARINGLY, I don't like meds). I definitely want to try that and any other stones or more natural than meds things I can find.

They don't have the side effects of prescription meds and yes, if I feel I NEED prescription meds for pain, I would take, but if I can find something that helps close to as well for just pain, I am all for that :)

Padma

I understand perfectly about wanting to find a suitable and workable option. :) I wasn't aiming that comment about doctors so much at you, so much as to those who might believe the crystals themselves do all the work. They don't, although they can help, as you said, and sometimes provide alternative relief.

I hope your disc issues improve! :heart:

EvaSegovia

"I have some problem with degenerative discs in my back. I feel the pain in my hip, but my dr. assures me from xrays, it is from the discs in my back.
it worse when I sleep because the longer I don't move, stay in one position, the worse it can get."

I too have disc problems, surgery even. I might suggest placing a pillow between your knees when you go to bed. It keeps the body aligned while you sleep. Pardon my pun, but IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM

greatdane

Thanks Eva but

tried that. pillow didn't work for me. If I just stayed in one position all night, it might, but I don't. I also have degenerative discs in my neck and have a special pillow which helps but not always. It is a pain, but unfortunately one that doesn't get better with age.

I use different things with varying degrees of relief at different times. Sometimes ginger essential oil helps.

celticnoodle

How did I miss this back in January??? However, I found it now! Greatdane, so glad you found a crystal that works for you.

Here are a few others if you ever get the chance to have them:

Blue Lace Agate, Malachite, Carnelian, Tourmaline and Turquoise. I remember reading that if you have the Blue Lace Agate, you can put the crystal in the bathwater with you as you soak and relax. It works really fast and best that way. However, I've never tried that--however, I do soak w/epsom salts, which seems to really have helped me a great deal.

I love the Malachite crystals as they seem to really have life in them that I pick up on. I think the spots just give them faces to me and I really connect with them as a result. Love this crystal for their little faces. :D

eta: also try adding extra virgin olive oil to your diet and you can also massage this oil into your skin! it is scrumptious! its also very good for helping with arthritic pain internally AND externally!