A week in the coming spread

Luna Shay Luv

What do you guys think should be changed or kept for that matter..?

--1---2--3--4--5--6--7--
----------Star-----------
B1 ---A1---A2---A3---A4--- B3
B2 --------8------12------- B4
-9--10--11--13--14--15-

These 4 cards don't have to be in the reading.
Positives
B1, B2
Negatives
B3, B4

-Star card is you
1-7 are the days of the week, one starting at Monday
8, you need to complete this
9, hindrance
10, help
11, pay attention to
12, positive surprise
13, leave behind
14, take into next week
15, overall or additional advice

A1 emotional ups
A2 emotional downs
A3 mental ups
A4 mental downs

rwcarter

Luna,

Do you mean that the Star card is pulled from the deck and placed in essentially position 0 or the Significator position? Or do you mean that the position is titled "Star" and whatever card appears in that position represents the querent for that week?

You included emotional and mental ups and downs, but why not physical or energetic ups and downs?

I would probably not include 2 positives and 2 negatives in the spread only because that can give the impression that exactly two positive and two negative things may happen in the week. Instead I might include a single card for each and label it as a positive/negative that may occur during the week.

The layout of 8-15 seems off to me. I'd prob do something like this:

------------15------------
1---2---3---4---5---6---7
-----------Star-----------
--- B1--------------B2----
-A1---A2---------A3--A4-
----8---------------12---
9--10--11--------13--14--

9-11 seem to be related to 8 and while 13-14 aren't related to 12, they can still be grouped together. You could put 15 on the bottom of the spread, but then the spread could easily collapse under the weight of the other cards. So putting it at the top of the spread as the pinnacle seems best to me.

Rodney

moderndayruth

I just did the spread with RWS and i liked it!

Luna Shay Luv said:
What do you guys think should be changed or kept for that matter..?

--1---2--3--4--5--6--7--
----------Star-----------
B1 ---A1---A2---A3---A4--- B3
B2 --------8------12------- B4
-9--10--11--13--14--15-

These 4 cards don't have to be in the reading.
Positives
B1, B2
Negatives
B3, B4
I didn't include these four, for me enough information was in the cards A1-A4
(With this four included it would be too many cards for me and i don't like large spreads, that's why :p)

Luna Shay Luv said:
-Star card is you
Visually its beautiful to have the Star in that position, but i placed it with the rest of the cards, in case it has an important message for me somewhere else in the spread!
But, since i have two Stars in my Thoth, next week i can place one in the middle and keep the other one in the deck ;)
Luna Shay Luv said:
1-7 are the days of the week, one starting at Monday
8, you need to complete this
9, hindrance
10, help
11, pay attention to
12, positive surprise
13, leave behind
14, take into next week
15, overall or additional advice
I liked this part very much! :thumbsup:

Luna Shay Luv said:
A1 emotional ups
A2 emotional downs
A3 mental ups
A4 mental downs
This part was very useful for me.
Thanks for sharing the spread, Luna Shay Luv!
I think its very good to do this spread when there is an important (or simply exciting ;)) week ahead! :D

Luna Shay Luv

rwcarter said:
Luna,

Do you mean that the Star card is pulled from the deck and placed in essentially position 0 or the Significator position? Or do you mean that the position is titled "Star" and whatever card appears in that position represents the querent for that week?

You included emotional and mental ups and downs, but why not physical or energetic ups and downs?

I would probably not include 2 positives and 2 negatives in the spread only because that can give the impression that exactly two positive and two negative things may happen in the week. Instead I might include a single card for each and label it as a positive/negative that may occur during the week.

The layout of 8-15 seems off to me. I'd prob do something like this:

-A1---A2---------A3--A4-

9-11 seem to be related to 8 and while 13-14 aren't related to 12, they can still be grouped together. You could put 15 on the bottom of the spread, but then the spread could easily collapse under the weight of the other cards. So putting it at the top of the spread as the pinnacle seems best to me.

Rodney

Yes, it represents the person for that week.
Where should the physical or energetic ups and downs go?
What should it look like when its done?

Luna Shay Luv

moderndayruth said:
I just did the spread with RWS and i liked it!

I didn't include these four, for me enough information was in the cards A1-A4
(With this four included it would be too many cards for me and i don't like large spreads, that's why :p)

Visually its beautiful to have the Star in that position, but i placed it with the rest of the cards, in case it has an important message for me somewhere else in the spread!
But, since i have two Stars in my Thoth, next week i can place one in the middle and keep the other one in the deck ;)

I liked this part very much! :thumbsup:

This part was very useful for me.
Thanks for sharing the spread, Luna Shay Luv!
I think its very good to do this spread when there is an important (or simply exciting ;)) week ahead! :D

Thanks, im happy you like it. It still needs some tweaking, but im glad you could use it.

rwcarter

Luna,

If you want to add in positions for the physical and energetic ups and downs, it could look like this:

-A1---A3---------A5--A7-
-A2---A4---------A6--A8-

So then A1, A3, A5 and A7 are the emotional, mental, physical and energetic ups and A2, A4, A6 and A8 are the corresponding downs for the week. Of course that makes B1 and B2 seem like two of those ups/downs are positive and two are negative, so I'd also change the position of B1/B2 to look like this:

--------------------------
-A1---A3---B1----A5--A7-
-A2---A4---B2----A6--A8-

That way all the ups/positives are on the same line as are the downs/negatives.

Then you're going to need instructions that Star - 15 are dealt first, then A1 - A8 then B1 and B2. That's starting to get really complicated for a look at the week ahead....

And you might want to reword this
Luna Shay Luv said:
-Star card is you
to make it clear that the Star is the name of the position and the card that's placed there represents the Querent. Because as it stands now it looks like you're supposed to place the Star card from your deck in that position.

Rodney

Sheri

I frequently do "look ahead" layouts... By week, month, quarters, etc., and find that it is easier for me to lay out ancillary cards like emotional/physical/energetic ups and down with the positional cards, I.e., the "day" cards. I might group the ancillary cards differently during the reading, but they start out with the day (or other time frame) they are applicable to.

I also do not use Significators usually because I don't like hunting for them, and they aren't that important to me the way I read cards.

Nice layout!

:love: Sheri

Luna Shay Luv

That card was just how you can may be viewed for that week.. Just your role for that week. possibly something that may shine within you for that week..You pull that card the same way you pull the others.. it would be like card 0..