Exchange for Astrological Help?

Minderwiz

I've had some connection problems today. But, I agree that the 13:31 chart seems most likely.

Assuming that it is, the eclipse will occur with the Sun in your eighth house conjunct your natal Mercury. . Leaving the Moon in your second house of material resources.

I will give a more detailed post tomorrow but there's other evidence that a busy period in your life will run from mid July this year to October next year. This period will relate to your career and other tenth house activities.

So the most likely significance of the eclipse will relate to career. this might involve a major change of direction.

WolfSwan

I've had some connection problems today. But, I agree that the 13:31 chart seems most likely.

Assuming that it is, the eclipse will occur with the Sun in your eighth house conjunct your natal Mercury. . Leaving the Moon in your second house of material resources.

I will give a more detailed post tomorrow but there's other evidence that a busy period in your life will run from mid July this year to October next year. This period will relate to your career and other tenth house activities.

So the most likely significance of the eclipse will relate to career. this might involve a major change of direction.

This is good news as I AM making a major shift in career. I'm moving from working in corporate to starting up my own business. I run the business on the side whilst I'm working full time until I can transition into working in it full time. The business is around life coaching and combining holistic and energy healing to help people reach their true potential and live the life they desire. I am blogging to promote the business, and hope to eventually write books and publish these so the message can get out further. The importance of an integrated and holistic lifestyle, and understanding our place in nature and how this impacts our wellbeing.

I'm not sure what July has in store but it would be great to start getting more clients! And then actually writing.

I was actually hoping to see improvements in my romantic relationship sector mostly though, since things work wise always seems to fall together pretty effortlessly :)

Minderwiz

This is good news as I AM making a major shift in career. I'm moving from working in corporate to starting up my own business. I run the business on the side whilst I'm working full time until I can transition into working in it full time. The business is around life coaching and combining holistic and energy healing to help people reach their true potential and live the life they desire. I am blogging to promote the business, and hope to eventually write books and publish these so the message can get out further. The importance of an integrated and holistic lifestyle, and understanding our place in nature and how this impacts our wellbeing.

I'm not sure what July has in store but it would be great to start getting more clients! And then actually writing.

Have you any target date/period in mind for the switch to self employment?

Busy periods seem to be mid July to mid August, End of the first week in January through to the end of the first week in March tlooks like the busiest time of the entire period mid (July 2016 - Mid November 2017). Then mid April through to mid May and lastly September into the second week of October.

Note, this is activity rather than things working out well or badly, or whether you enjoy it or not.

As far as the eclipse goes, it occupies your eight/second axis. From your description of your intentions, it seems the feature is the income side. The Sun is in your eighth house, which is other people's money and possessions and the Moon is in the second house, which is your money and possessions. Your plans are clearly reflected here, as you intend to shift your career to earning your own money from self employment, rather than earning it from a company. As Natal Mercury and Transiting Mercury are highlighted by the eclipse, it has clear implications for yourself and your welfare and your career and its success (Mercury rules both Ascendant and Tenth house.)

There is one factor left which we haven't talked about and that is your relocation to Australia

Some Astrologers (and I'm thinking of Dadsnook2000 here) would take that as significant and relocate your birth chart to your current location (though I would think a minimum residency of a year would be worth considering and no plans to relocate in the next twelve months. I don't usually use that technique but if you want to allow for it, let me know.

WolfSwan

Have you any target date/period in mind for the switch to self employment?

No I haven't. I figured I would take time to see if it was viable to do this as a full time career, if I get enough clients and word of mouth reference, then I could decide from there. I only began this in December last year :)

Busy periods seem to be mid July to mid August, End of the first week in January through to the end of the first week in March tlooks like the busiest time of the entire period mid (July 2016 - Mid November 2017). Then mid April through to mid May and lastly September into the second week of October.

July August has also come up in Tarot readings as an extremely busy period. And in the predictive chart that lady read for me January (2017) was noted as a period of extreme significance for me. Seems like there is going to be a lot going on.

Note, this is activity rather than things working out well or badly, or whether you enjoy it or not.

Ah yes...fair enough...

As far as the eclipse goes, it occupies your eight/second axis. From your description of your intentions, it seems the feature is the income side. The Sun is in your eighth house, which is other people's money and possessions and the Moon is in the second house, which is your money and possessions. Your plans are clearly reflected here, as you intend to shift your career to earning your own money from self employment, rather than earning it from a company. As Natal Mercury and Transiting Mercury are highlighted by the eclipse, it has clear implications for yourself and your welfare and your career and its success (Mercury rules both Ascendant and Tenth house.)

That makes sense, I've even gotten quite a few more hits on my business FB page in the last 2 days - like significantly more interaction. And an acquaintance contacted me about the packages I offer.

There is one factor left which we haven't talked about and that is your relocation to Australia

Some Astrologers (and I'm thinking of Dadsnook2000 here) would take that as significant and relocate your birth chart to your current location (though I would think a minimum residency of a year would be worth considering and no plans to relocate in the next twelve months. I don't usually use that technique but if you want to allow for it, let me know.

Honestly I don't know whether that truly applies. When I asked about the New Moon Solar Eclipse I was told it wouldn't affect me but boy did that one pack a punch. Things I'd thought were buried were surfacing, I got this odd message on the readings forums that turns out was energetically from the ex. I've been sitting with all these emotions that came up about the choices, and gosh knows the key issues that have been playing are the choices we made, how we could have done things differently, what I need to make sure to do next time...So...even though I've lived in Australia 19 years, and I don't think I'm going to move soon (though I do think movement is in the cards for me) I'm not sure how accurate changing the chart based on where I live is.

That being said, I've not seen or compared facts based on the change of my chart, so I don't know if it was just a fluke that all that emotional baggage came up once more during the solar eclipse, and subsequently during the lunar eclipse to be released by chance, or design.

I don't know if these dates might help you determine which chart to use but these were the significant moments that impacted me during my relationship with J (ex) (I'm using these cause I remember the dates really clearly!).

We connected (online) in late April-early May 2014, we met face to face 18 May 2014, we began dating 14 June 2014, broke up 13 October 2014, got back together 1 December 2014, broke up again 21 February 2015, I literally ran into him out of the blue on the lunar eclipse on 4 April 2015 (which led to a very painful period).

The significant of running into him is that whilst we dated we realised we had a number of friends in common but had never met each other previously even though we also haunted the same locations in the City (it's a small City!).

We got back together in May 2015 and then he left between June and beginning of August when we finally officially broke up. June 2015 to August 2015 were some of the worst months I've experienced. Since the final break up (August 2015) we've never run into each other again (thank the stars :)) Does any of these tie in with the changed chart or my original natal chart?

Please let me know what questions you'd like for me to read on as well!

WolfSwan

No I haven't. I figured I would take time to see if it was viable to do this as a full time career, if I get enough clients and word of mouth reference, then I could decide from there. I only began this in December last year :)

July August has also come up in Tarot readings as an extremely busy period. And in the predictive chart that lady read for me January (2017) was noted as a period of extreme significance for me. Seems like there is going to be a lot going on.

Ah yes...fair enough...

That makes sense, I've even gotten quite a few more hits on my business FB page in the last 2 days - like significantly more interaction. And an acquaintance contacted me about the packages I offer.

Honestly I don't know whether that truly applies. When I asked about the New Moon Solar Eclipse I was told it wouldn't affect me but boy did that one pack a punch. Things I'd thought were buried were surfacing, I got this odd message on the readings forums that turns out was energetically from the ex. I've been sitting with all these emotions that came up about the choices, and gosh knows the key issues that have been playing are the choices we made, how we could have done things differently, what I need to make sure to do next time...So...even though I've lived in Australia 19 years, and I don't think I'm going to move soon (though I do think movement is in the cards for me) I'm not sure how accurate changing the chart based on where I live is.

That being said, I've not seen or compared facts based on the change of my chart, so I don't know if it was just a fluke that all that emotional baggage came up once more during the solar eclipse, and subsequently during the lunar eclipse to be released by chance, or design.

I don't know if these dates might help you determine which chart to use but these were the significant moments that impacted me during my relationship with J (ex) (I'm using these cause I remember the dates really clearly!).

We connected (online) in late April-early May 2014, we met face to face 18 May 2014, we began dating 14 June 2014, broke up 13 October 2014, got back together 1 December 2014, broke up again 21 February 2015, I literally ran into him out of the blue on the lunar eclipse on 4 April 2015 (which led to a very painful period).

The significant of running into him is that whilst we dated we realised we had a number of friends in common but had never met each other previously even though we also haunted the same locations in the City (it's a small City!).

We got back together in May 2015 and then he left between June and beginning of August when we finally officially broke up. June 2015 to August 2015 were some of the worst months I've experienced. Since the final break up (August 2015) we've never run into each other again (thank the stars :)) Does any of these tie in with the changed chart or my original natal chart?

Please let me know what questions you'd like for me to read on as well!

Just wondering if any of this helped with identifying whether to use change the natal chart based on where I currently live? The eclipse certainly brought a lot of questions to the front that I'm still dealing with career wise too in a most unpleasant way!

Minderwiz

Just wondering if any of this helped with identifying whether to use change the natal chart based on where I currently live? The eclipse certainly brought a lot of questions to the front that I'm still dealing with career wise too in a most unpleasant way!

Sorry for the delay. Health issues got in the way. As far as I can see they seem to fit the 13:31 birth time best and they occur in the right houses, which they might not do, if we relocated the chart. I only had chance to go through the various periods but not thoroughly check for transits. Even so I can see no obvious need to relocate the chart (and therefore change the houses) to make any greater sense of the events.

WolfSwan

Sorry for the delay. Health issues got in the way. As far as I can see they seem to fit the 13:31 birth time best and they occur in the right houses, which they might not do, if we relocated the chart. I only had chance to go through the various periods but not thoroughly check for transits. Even so I can see no obvious need to relocate the chart (and therefore change the houses) to make any greater sense of the events.

Sorry to hear you've been unwell. I hope you're feeling better. I'm curious to know whether relocation is a common practice? If it is, how come it doesn't apply in my case. Or would astrologers normally have to cast multiple charts to see which fits the client best? In which case the science behind it then becomes questionable, would it not? I can understand the difference in birth time and that makes sense, but the relocation concept has me curious especially from a methodological point of view.

Now that we're certain that the 13:31 chart is the right one, how can I go about to understand the challenges and opportunities in the relationship sector of my life (Q1 in the opening thread). It seems to be the only area I've struggled with and as I approach the big 3-0 I'd love to know if things are going to improve or if this will always be an area that's lacking, or even what I can do about it!

Minderwiz

Sorry to hear you've been unwell. I hope you're feeling better. I'm curious to know whether relocation is a common practice? If it is, how come it doesn't apply in my case. Or would astrologers normally have to cast multiple charts to see which fits the client best? In which case the science behind it then becomes questionable, would it not? I can understand the difference in birth time and that makes sense, but the relocation concept has me curious especially from a methodological point of view.

It wasn't me who was unwell, it is my wife. As well as the issues she has had over the last few months, she added ligament damage to her right foot. Easter was a time of severe pain but at least the doctor confirmed it was nothing more serious.

Relocation is not a universally accepted technique. Your post on the eclipse in your seventh house produced a discussion on the issue. Dave is very much in favour, Etene seemed very much the doubter and I'm somewhere in the middle. I'm not convinced that this should be does as a matter of routine but there may well be circumstances in which it provides useful information.

I don't routinely relocate charts. I do recognise that there might be a good case for looking at the issue, which is why I raised it.

My test of the dates you provided, depended on the Lot of Spirit and the Lot of Fortune. Both of these use the positions of Sun, Moon and Ascendant, arguably the three most important points in a chart. And the procedure seemed to fit with a chart cast for Calcutta and events that occurred in Australia. I don't claim that this disproves the theory of relocation, only that for theis particular limited sequence of events, it did work for your original chart.

WolfSwan said:
Now that we're certain that the 13:31 chart is the right one, how can I go about to understand the challenges and opportunities in the relationship sector of my life (Q1 in the opening thread). It seems to be the only area I've struggled with and as I approach the big 3-0 I'd love to know if things are going to improve or if this will always be an area that's lacking, or even what I can do about it!

I'm not a counsellor nor do I claim to be able to advise people on what they should or shouldn't do. All I can say here is that the chart shows that the area of romance is one that you will have problems with. Short term relationships seem to be the key area for concern. Long term relationships are not a worry, or at least if you can translate a short term romance into a long term relationship, then things should work out.

I don't know enough about your circumstances to give you specific things to do or try but generally your aim is to convert a short term romance into a long term romance. and that means looking back and trying to identify whether there are any common factors which inhibit romances turning into long term relationships. In a one to one counselling session that might well be possible. It may well be possible for you to identify and work on those factors yourself.

I'll see if there's any potentially good periods coming up but be prepared to go with anything promising.

WolfSwan

It wasn't me who was unwell, it is my wife. As well as the issues she has had over the last few months, she added ligament damage to her right foot. Easter was a time of severe pain but at least the doctor confirmed it was nothing more serious.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she begins to feel better soon. Ligament damage must be seriously painful...

Relocation is not a universally accepted technique. Your post on the eclipse in your seventh house produced a discussion on the issue. Dave is very much in favour, Etene seemed very much the doubter and I'm somewhere in the middle. I'm not convinced that this should be does as a matter of routine but there may well be circumstances in which it provides useful information.

I remember trying to follow the conversation, but it's a little more technical than I would normally understand. I think using the relocation as a matter of routine makes sense. I'm curious why some people are more affected by relocation than others? I.e. why it's imperative for some people, or for others like myself if doesn't really make a difference. I wonder if someone has spent their entire life travelling, relocation would be irrelevant, as opposed to someone who has only ever made a big decision to relocate. I'm curious about the trigger factor to make relocation more useful in one reading compared to another.

I don't routinely relocate charts. I do recognise that there might be a good case for looking at the issue, which is why I raised it.

My test of the dates you provided, depended on the Lot of Spirit and the Lot of Fortune. Both of these use the positions of Sun, Moon and Ascendant, arguably the three most important points in a chart. And the procedure seemed to fit with a chart cast for Calcutta and events that occurred in Australia. I don't claim that this disproves the theory of relocation, only that for theis particular limited sequence of events, it did work for your original chart.

Ah, these are two terms I'm going to have to Google! Lot of Spirit and Lot of Fortune.

I'm not a counsellor nor do I claim to be able to advise people on what they should or shouldn't do. All I can say here is that the chart shows that the area of romance is one that you will have problems with. Short term relationships seem to be the key area for concern. Long term relationships are not a worry, or at least if you can translate a short term romance into a long term relationship, then things should work out.

Oh no, I was more interested in understanding the energies that have influenced the situation than counselling. I have indeed always struggled with short term relationships, and when you can't even get into a proper short term relationship, how do you make it become long term? I do know there is a great potential for a long term relationship in my chart, it's a curiosity to see what energies are at play that I can utilise to transition a short to a long term - or even what energies might be coming up that I should take advantage of in my pursuit of a long term committed relationship.

I don't know enough about your circumstances to give you specific things to do or try but generally your aim is to convert a short term romance into a long term romance. and that means looking back and trying to identify whether there are any common factors which inhibit romances turning into long term relationships. In a one to one counselling session that might well be possible. It may well be possible for you to identify and work on those factors yourself.

I'll see if there's any potentially good periods coming up but be prepared to go with anything promising.

I have done a lot of work with counsellors, energy healers and self-reflection. I'm certainly not the person I was back when I had issues with short term relationships. After my recent "relationship" I took a long time out to sort out the energies that were inhibiting the short term to transition to long term. The key issue for me is I'm intuitively seeking a connection with the other person. I'm looking for some sort of spiritual compatibility on a deeper level. The reason things became serious the last time was that I connected with this person intellectually, physically, emotionally and spiritually. The reason it failed is that when issues were raised that required healing, I was willing to face the pain from childhood issues and heal them to move forward, whilst my partner at the time was not.

I would really appreciate if you do get the opportunity to let me know if there are any energies coming up which I may be able to utilise to my advantage. Hopefully the stars are aligning in some form that will be somewhat more promising for a long term committed relationship.

The offer still stands if you'd like readings in exchange since you've been so kind to look into quite a few aspects here.

Minderwiz

Relationships: Likely periods

For this post I've used a technique called Zodiacal Releasing. This identifies long term periods, covering between seven and thirty years; medium term periods which can last for up to two and a half years, and then weekly and even daily periods.

The periods are of different length because the length is dictated by the planet ruling the operative sign at the relevant level. The periods usually follows the order of signs, and the planet ruling the particular sign dictates how long it will be. So:

Signs ruled by Saturn are 30 Years (Aquarius) and (27 years) Capricorn - the average of these two is the average time of a Saturn to Sun cycle

Signs ruled by Jupiter are 12 years (the Jupiter/Sun cycle)

Signs ruled by Mars are 15 years (Conjunction of the Sun in the same degree of a given sign)

Signs ruled by Venus are 7 years (Conjunction with the Sun in the same degree of a given sign)

Signs ruled by Mercury are 20 years

The Sign ruled by the Sun is 19 years (the eclipse or Saros cycle)

The sign ruled by the Moon is 25 years (the interval of time for its phases to occur again on the same day of the year).

These periods apply to the major periods, those lasting for years. For lower periods you keep the same numbers but adjust down to weeks, and even days or hours.

The above isn't necessary information for the key part of this post but I've included it because it indicates that the periods are not arbitrary. They have valid astronomic bases. The only problem is that they are based on the Egyptian Calendar of twelve thirty day months (plus 5 inter-calary days) so they are not obvious in a modern calendar).

The obvious question is which Sign stars the process. In all cases we start from the sign in which the relevant Lot was placed in your natal chart.
For career and status it starts with the Lot of the Sun, more commonly known as the Lot of Spirit (yours is in Aries) For Health and accidents (things you can't control) it starts with the Lot of the Moon more commonly known as the Lot of Fortune. (Yours is in Aquarius) and for Relationships it starts with the Lot of Venus, more commonly known as the Lot of Eros (yours is in Libra, which is of course ruled by Venus).

So using the Lot of Eros, there are two promising periods coming up. Both are second level periods, that is they are months rather than years.

The first is a Taurus period, ruled by Venus and is a busy period which is going to start around the second week in November this year and it will run till the middle of July next year (approximately 7 modern months). Such a period is busy, rather than predominantly Good or Predominantly experienced as bad.

From July of next year there is a Gemini period which looks mostly good for relationships. This will run from mid July 2017 to March 2019 approximately 20 months because it's ruled by Mercury) Suggest to me that the product of the first period is to find either someone particular who will dominate the second period or a better ability to identify the right partners, which will pay off during the second period.

Don’t assume that the close of the second period represents an ending. If there is a stable relationship established during that period, it may then become a ‘norm’ though at a lower intensity. That’s normal for relationships.

Specific times to that are promising during the first period are:

Around the end of November 2016 through to mid-January 2017 looks particularly good.

The period from the start of May 2017 through to July 2017. Given that the generally good period follows on from this, I'm tempted to say that this will probably be the time that establishes things for the following period of around twenty months but the early November/January period may be relevant to events at this time.

A word of warning - despite its name, the Lot of Eros, is not solely erotic in a modern sense. it encompasses relationships in general rather than solely romantic ones. Despite that warning, it's a useful predictor of romantic relationships.