Cross in the House of Cross

Teheuti

Consider whether Cross in the house of Cross indicates that your client is at the end of her tether—that she sees no way out. We are not talking about an absolute here but only of her current condition. It is a tremendous weight to carry and may make all options seem untenable. I would look for the location of the most positive cards in the spread—especially where several of them support each other. As the card and position is probably beneath her (relatively speaking), it suggests it is still under her control. It is better than Cross being directly above her significator.

celticnoodle

Consider whether Cross in the house of Cross indicates that your client is at the end of her tether—that she sees no way out. We are not talking about an absolute here but only of her current condition. It is a tremendous weight to carry and may make all options seem untenable. I would look for the location of the most positive cards in the spread—especially where several of them support each other. As the card and position is probably beneath her (relatively speaking), it suggests it is still under her control. It is better than Cross being directly above her significator.

Thank you, Teheuti for your response. Yes, I can see that this lady is at the end of her tether. It is a tremendous weight to bear. Its not easy to take care of a parent--and still be the "child" as the parent sees her.

Yes, I was happy to see that the lady was in the first house and I do plan to play that up for her. she IS in control here. that's something! And, the bouquet card is in the 10th house-so it IS touching her card also. So, she is making the right decisions for her parent--whatever that happens to be.

Also, the clover card is in the house of Man--so maybe she will have a man help her someway with 'mom' and between the 2 of them, they will be lucky with it? The Key card is in the house of the snake, used to rep. the parent, and in the house of key is the heart card. So, I am thinking perhaps one of 2 things--(1) heart issues for mom? or (2) mom will finally agree happily with any decisions the daughter must make for her care. I am also wondering if it is to do with her heart though as well...that could mean a nursing home after any surgery--for recovery and rehab, wouldn't it?

Thank you for chiming in! :)

decan

hmmmm...I like that "possible opening beyond sorrow". T.Y.!

And, as there are 2 women here--the querent & her mom--I used the woman card for the querent and the snake as her mom.

The woman card was in the first house and the snake card was in the house of Fox. So, what do you think with this now? Thanks for your input!
Ok, so the querent is in the house of the rider and the Serpent (her mother) is far from the card of the Cross. I notice that the querent and her mother aren't near.
Serpent and Fox are both pernicious and sneaky cards .
With the querent in the house of the rider I would say she doesn't want her mother (or to take care of her directly) in her home and maybe she would like to run away from her.
It is said that if the Cross is near the person, misfortune will not last long, but if it is far misfortune could last.
Concerning your choice with regard to the querent, I would say yes, it is the card of the woman. But concerning the choice of the serpent for her mother, I don't know.
Actually it is very difficult I think to find the significators with regard to a particular situation in a Grand tableau. Because all this is in relation to family, to focus on the card of the house could be important. To choose the card of the House for her mother could be as well a possibility.

Just my two cents!

celticnoodle

Ok, so the querent is in the house of the rider and the Serpent (her mother) is far from the card of the Cross. I notice that the querent and her mother aren't near.
Serpent and Fox are both pernicious and sneaky cards .
With the querent in the house of the rider I would say she doesn't want her mother (or to take care of her directly) in her home and maybe she would like to run away from her.
I don't really know. but this could be. Its NEVER easy to take care of a parent.
It is said that if the Cross is near the person, misfortune will not last long, but if it is far misfortune could last.
Concerning your choice with regard to the querent, I would say yes, it is the card of the woman. But concerning the choice of the serpent for her mother, I don't know.
Actually it is very difficult I think to find the significators with regard to a particular situation in a Grand tableau. Because all this is in relation to family, to focus on the card of the house could be important. To choose the card of the House for her mother could be as well a possibility.

Just my two cents!
hmmm..yes, I never really thought of choosing home to represent her mother. I always used the snake as the other woman--as it was described as such in books and sites I've read for Lenormand.

Thank you for your reply. I'll remember to use the home and designate it as her mother if I ever read again for her. it'll be interesting to see how that pans out. T.Y.

decan

If it is traditional to use the Snake for another woman it is okay with me; don't forget that I am a beginner and I didn't read much concerning Lenormand. :)

In relation to your first question, a positive side concerning the Cross "possible opening beyond sorrow" isn't from me or my opinion, but what said Rachel Pollack concerning this card (among other key words like "burdens, suffering, difficult fate")
Actually I wait two books, one is by Rana George.

Jen P

I've used the snake to represent the querent's mother before (the mother was very snake-like) with very accurate results. (The snake was in the coffin house and, unfortunately, the mother died within three days.) The house might be better used for home and family issues, in my opinion. Alternately you could choose the bear card for the mother, as the snake could be ominous events, third party influences, warning, problems, complications, etc.

celticnoodle

If it is traditional to use the Snake for another woman it is okay with me; don't forget that I am a beginner and I didn't read much concerning Lenormand. :)

In relation to your first question, a positive side concerning the Cross "possible opening beyond sorrow" isn't from me or my opinion, but what said Rachel Pollack concerning this card (among other key words like "burdens, suffering, difficult fate")
Actually I wait two books, one is by Rana George.
oh yes, I have Rana's book and highly recommend it!

I've used the snake to represent the querent's mother before (the mother was very snake-like) with very accurate results. (The snake was in the coffin house and, unfortunately, the mother died within three days.) The house might be better used for home and family issues, in my opinion. Alternately you could choose the bear card for the mother, as the snake could be ominous events, third party influences, warning, problems, complications, etc.

Yes, I have actually used the snake before for a woman and with great results...:laugh: I originally saw the Bear as a mama card too--but when I tried to use it for such, it didn't work out to well. Not as accurate as using the snake anyway. Perhaps it had to do with the woman I had to assign to the card. She was more/is more like a snake then a bear. :laugh: I have always just seen the home as family as a whole-and security, possibly a move even--depending on surrounding cards too. But, I am open to trying anything out still--as I, too, am still a beginner in all this. :)

Thank you all for your ideas and thoughts!

Teheuti

Since the question was for a description of the coming month, we have the Significator in the first House looking for news to arrive. The Cross at the end might suggest that her burden will not change during this time. The rest of the spread would then just describe these difficult circumstances. Of course something else in the GT might suggest the greatest likelihood for future change or developments.