A readable version of Valens?

RohanMenon

Thanks to Minderwiz dropping hints about time lord techniques and zodiacal releasing, I started reading Valens and am now hooked (damn you Minderwiz!! as if my life weren't busy enough already ;-) ;-) )

The only problem I'm facing is that the free pdf available online is pretty much unreadable, with no formatting (that I can discern) and also mysterious annotations like "27P/ 12K;11P. " are sprinkled throughout the book.

Which leads me to ask? Is there a better version somewhere? ideally with some commentary by an English speaking astrologer? (I guess not,Amazon doesn't bring up anything, but no harm asking)

Softwarewise I notice there is a (free) Morunius variant called Valens. (I haven't installed it yet)

Barleywine

Quite some time ago, Minderwiz e-mailed me 12 Microsoft Word files of the "Valens Anthology," which are well-formatted and perfectly readable. Perhaps you can make the same arrangement with him.

Minderwiz

Quite some time ago, Minderwiz e-mailed me 12 Microsoft Word files of the "Valens Anthology," which are well-formatted and perfectly readable. Perhaps you can make the same arrangement with him.

I formatted them myself, so any typos or errors are mine.

I'm quite happy to forward them to you, if you can give me an email address. I won't post them here because the translation is not mine, it was done, I think, as part of a PhD thesis.

There is a translation of Book I by Andrea Gerz, which I got from Amazon UK. It got a lot of criticism from the critics because she used English idioms, rather than keeping to a strict Greek translation. Nevertheless it is extremely readable and I think will do very well for all but the most nitpicky reader.

RohanMenon

PM'd you with my email address MinderWiz

Thanks in advance