Jupiter Return? Confused about which house my jupiter is in.

Kittysashimi

Hey guys! I recently became more interested in astrology and have some questions regarding my birth chart. Firstly, I can't seem to figure out if my Jupiter is in my 8th or 9th house because different charts seem to tell me differently. Is it possible to have jupiter in 2 houses? For example, on astrolada's birthchart calculator, my jupiter is charted in the 9th house.

Another thing I was curious about is my jupiter return that I believe should be coming very soon since my jupiter is in virgo. I think I was born during jupiter conjunct venus since both my jupiter and venus are in the same house (whether it is 8th or 9th). What would this mean for me? What will my jupiter return bring for me?

My birth chart details are

09 October 1991, 1:55pm Singapore, Singapore

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this!

Minderwiz

Hey guys! I recently became more interested in astrology and have some questions regarding my birth chart. Firstly, I can't seem to figure out if my Jupiter is in my 8th or 9th house because different charts seem to tell me differently. Is it possible to have jupiter in 2 houses? For example, on astrolada's birthchart calculator, my jupiter is charted in the 9th house. [\quote]

No and Yes, LOL. You can't have the same planet in two different houses in the same chart. But, there are several ways of calculating the houses and their cusps.

Most current Astrologers use the system named after Placidus (1603 - 1688). This is a quadrant system; that is it uses the Ascendant and MC as the cusps of the first and tenth house resepectively. The oppositie points, the Descendant and the IC become the cusps of the seventh and fourth houses respectively.

Your Ascendant is 27 degrees 24 minutes of Capricorn (Mc 2 degrees 8 minutes of Scorpio). This system puts Jupiter and Venus in your eighth house.

Placidus is not the only quadrant house system but in your case they all seem to agree that Jupiter and Venus are in your eighth house. Even Equal Houses, which measures in 30 degree segments from your Ascendant, puts them in your eighth but Whole Sign Houses puts them into your ninth (Virgo being the ninth sign from Capricorn).

You might think from this that as everyone but Whole Sign Houses puts them in the eighth then that is the 'right' house. However Whole Sign Houses are the original system of houses and dominated Astrology for its first 1,000 years for topical readings; that is the interpretation of your natal chart. Quadrant systems were used for other things.

For the last 1,000 years quadrant systems have been dominant and the large majority of current Astrolgers would put the conjunction in the eighth. Personally I would initially at any rate treat them as ninth house.

Kittysashimi said:
Another thing I was curious about is my jupiter return that I believe should be coming very soon since my jupiter is in virgo. I think I was born during jupiter conjunct venus since both my jupiter and venus are in the same house (whether it is 8th or 9th). What would this mean for me? What will my jupiter return bring for me?

My birth chart details are

09 October 1991, 1:55pm Singapore, Singapore

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this!

Your Jupiter Return occurs on the 6th September this year, at just after half past midnight. Jupiter is in the fourth house of the Return Chart, so it's angular and as it's les than a degree from the IC it's in a very strong placement (It's angular in all house systems). As in your natal chart, Jupiter is ruled by Mercury but in the Return Chart Mercury also rules the Ascendant.

Even though the Return occurs at night, you won't be able to see it, as Jupiter is close to the Sun but there are some positive indications not only in Jupiter being angular but also because it is in the same degree as the Lot of Fortune and it's not afflicted by either malefic.

Jupiter and Mercury are natally important for your higher education, personal development and travel. They are also important for your interest in divination and spiritual matters, So these are likely to be boosted by the Return given the angularity of Jupiter in the Return chart, but you won't find things turning amazing. Jupiter is in its Detriment in Virgo.

Kittysashimi

No and Yes, LOL. You can't have the same planet in two different houses in the same chart. But, there are several ways of calculating the houses and their cusps.

Most current Astrologers use the system named after Placidus (1603 - 1688). This is a quadrant system; that is it uses the Ascendant and MC as the cusps of the first and tenth house resepectively. The oppositie points, the Descendant and the IC become the cusps of the seventh and fourth houses respectively.

Your Ascendant is 27 degrees 24 minutes of Capricorn (Mc 2 degrees 8 minutes of Scorpio). This system puts Jupiter and Venus in your eighth house.

Placidus is not the only quadrant house system but in your case they all seem to agree that Jupiter and Venus are in your eighth house. Even Equal Houses, which measures in 30 degree segments from your Ascendant, puts them in your eighth but Whole Sign Houses puts them into your ninth (Virgo being the ninth sign from Capricorn).

You might think from this that as everyone but Whole Sign Houses puts them in the eighth then that is the 'right' house. However Whole Sign Houses are the original system of houses and dominated Astrology for its first 1,000 years for topical readings; that is the interpretation of your natal chart. Quadrant systems were used for other things.

For the last 1,000 years quadrant systems have been dominant and the large majority of current Astrolgers would put the conjunction in the eighth. Personally I would initially at any rate treat them as ninth house.
Ahh I see, thank you so much for breaking it down for me! I'll stick to thinking that my jupiter and venus are in the 9th house as well then :D

Your Jupiter Return occurs on the 6th September this year, at just after half past midnight. Jupiter is in the fourth house of the Return Chart, so it's angular and as it's les than a degree from the IC it's in a very strong placement (It's angular in all house systems). As in your natal chart, Jupiter is ruled by Mercury but in the Return Chart Mercury also rules the Ascendant.

Even though the Return occurs at night, you won't be able to see it, as Jupiter is close to the Sun but there are some positive indications not only in Jupiter being angular but also because it is in the same degree as the Lot of Fortune and it's not afflicted by either malefic.

Jupiter and Mercury are natally important for your higher education, personal development and travel. They are also important for your interest in divination and spiritual matters, So these are likely to be boosted by the Return given the angularity of Jupiter in the Return chart, but you won't find things turning amazing. Jupiter is in its Detriment in Virgo.
I'm glad to hear that there will be a boost in those categories with my jupiter return, do you think that this would be a good time for me to start a business as well? I'm opening up my etsy store selling herbal remedies on august 19th. Thank you so much for all the information you have given me!