Harmony Angel Cards/Angela McGerr

Jeanette

I just got this deck & book set off of e-bay and I'm wondering if anybody else has them and what do you think of them? I also got the hardback "A Harmony of Angels." So far, I like reading the book, but I haven't really worked with the cards yet.

dolphinprincess

I owned this deck at one point...

I thought the images were very beautiful, but I thought the system was a little difficult for me to work with....The images were pretty abstract and I often had trouble associating them with their meaning - beyond looking them up all of the time... Although, I didn't spend a lot of time trying to learn the system bc
I sold it back on Ebay.

This was mainly bc I thought the card quality was really bad. One of my pet peeves is decks that are printed on card stock that makes me afraid to handle the cards... Even when I love the deck, this is one thing I (personally) find hard to get past..

If you do work with the cards, I'd be very interested to hear more about them... As I said, they were very beautiful and looked like they could be a very uplifting oracle :eek:)

Jeanette

I have to agree with you that the cardstock quality isn't the greatest, and the system does seem abstract. I guess I'll just have to refer to the book all the time! Or just use them for meditation and/or inspiration, not readings.

Logiatrix

A Good Source for Inspiration

Jeanette,
Yes, I found these cards good for meditation, but readings were difficult. I didn't like having to separate the cards to do readings. I was initially kind of disappointed that there weren't any actual images of angels, but the artwork is still exceptional.
Ultimately, I found a simple Card-A-Day draw from the Harmony Angels to be quite healing.
I recently passed them on to a very ill friend, who loves them and uses them daily.
{BTW, I glued a ribbon to the back of the small deck box so it ties around to the front; my friend's limited dexterity made it difficult for her to pull the box out of the well, so the ribbon helps to lift it out...just in case you had trouble with that. :) }

Jeanette

Tauni, the ribbon is a very cool & easy idea! I know if I keep prying at the box, it will be in shreds very quickly! I'm happy your friend is finding the cards useful; and hope they are helping with healing!

lunakasha

I also find these cards very beautiful and would be very powerful for meditation and healing work, if not for readings. I agree that the four suit "system" (having to divide them into four piles) put me off reading with them, but the books are loaded with information.

Here's a link with a few cards:

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/maatshop/ag_main.htm

:) Luna

Enlightenment1

I'm sorry to bump an old thread but I really wanted to reply :) These were the first Oracle cards I bought (mind you, I'm only on my second deck now but that's because I'm still a newbie) anyway, I love these cards as I've just stated in another thread, they never fail to amaze me and the messages I get are always perfect for me at that time and spot on.

On the down side however, there are no pictures on the cards of actual Angels, and as beautiful as the images are they are very hard to read without referring to the book all the time, though as I'm new to Oracle reading I don't mind this too much. Picking one card for the day and meditating on it works well though, but if you don't mind keep checking back to the book then these are probably an excellent set of cards for you. The Energy I feel after a reading with these is imense!

Oh yes, and what a gorgeous velvet book case they come in!

Brighest Blessings!

CrystalTarot

Enlightenment1 said:
Oh yes, and what a gorgeous velvet book case they come in!

Brighest Blessings!

I still keep mine with the tissue paper sheets between them. This deck seems to have me really delicately using them, in fact I am almost scared to use them because they are so fragile. I much prefer robust, shiny waterproof cards that can withstand continuous use lol.

Chronata

Thanks for reviving this thread, Enlightenment! No apologies necessary! :D

I really like these.

Amazingly powerful liittle cards!

I actually kind of like the whole system...the seperation of the cards into the four suits...the one card of each different group usually gives a very strong individual message...made more whole by joining with the other three cards.

I often just do four card readings...one from each group. But somedays I mix them all together and just pull several randomly, and look up the meanings.

The abstract symbols...and especially the beautiful angelic colors are soothing for me.
This is an oracle I keep in the bedroom because of the meditative and relaxing nature of the cards.

I remember one amazing health reading I did for my mom with these cards.
One of the most powerful and significant readings I have ever done!