Dream Power by Tony Crisp

WolfyJames

Does anyone has Dream Power by Tony Crisp?

I went to a bookstore this week to buy wicca books, and I saw this box, along with Art Of Tarot and Art Of Astrology, it's the same editor. It was in sale and there was only one box left. I found the art so lovely that I bought it.

I went throught the cards and the book, and the idea is quite interesting, of using the cards to help us interpret our dreams. But I find the art so pretty that I think I will use the cards as an oracle as well.

Does anyone has it and has success interpret dreams with it?

Alta

I have Tony Crisp's book and think it is one of the best dream books that I have ever seen. I also saw the set on sale but didn't buy it. I do think Tony Crisp has good ideas on dreams though.

Cerulean

Reviving thread because the deck is that good!

I ended up not bringing a tarot deck for a weekend away...but found the 100 dream cards to be very very good and versatile.

The reasons why:

1) There are 19 archetypes and while one can find a 'major arcana' correspondence, there's an essential meaning and versatile flexibility in not being tied to tightly to 500 years of tarot association...instead there's what you remember and what strikes you as significant when answering the question in back of the card. And among the 100 images, one can find plenty of symbols to draw from...

2) These aren't typical illustrations, rather fresh and different. Deep colors, good shading, seem like oil paintings with some sketchy detail suggested in some places...enough to see expressions, detail of finger and toes or wing separation, etc...

3). Cards are 3.5 by 4 inches at first measure...compact enough for me.

4) Suggestive in a good way, I find use of the 64-page color booklet.

5) really like this if I do not want a tarot, but I want an open-ended, yet good oracle with a system behind it. For some reason, Lenormand cards with 'whip', 'dog' or 'gift' come to mind as well as newer breakdowns--numbers, colors, etc...

Hope that helps. Anyone else get this used or new? I posted a link in another thread to Tony Crisp's website and when I get back home...will be able to do so again...

Quick post and will return later,

Cerulean