M'arse Says

rwcarter

So guys... any pun suggestions based on the previous post's list?

-Ly
Sorry, hadn't realized you'd posted them. I'm letting them percolate in the back of my mind. I have a few that I'm close but not quite there yet.

Rodney

blue_fusion

Sorry, hadn't realized you'd posted them. I'm letting them percolate in the back of my mind. I have a few that I'm close but not quite there yet.

Rodney

Thanks in advance. Trying to jump start my creative thinking juices as well. :D

rwcarter

Yellow looks good on a purple background, but it's murder on my eyes on a white background, so I'll post them this way

Le Bateleur - throwing Le Batch-a-Lures out there again
L'Imperatrice - L'imp Patrice (give her an impish smile)
L'Empereur - L'imperer (you could put a cast on one of his legs)
La Roue de Fortune - La Roux de Fortune as the roux can make or break a dish
La Lune - La Lune Tunes (although that might only be known by Americans of a certain age as Looney Toons were a popular cartoon series when I was a kid) or Call of La Loon, adding some loons to the image somewhere

I'll keep thinking.

blue_fusion

Yellow looks good on a purple background, but it's murder on my eyes on a white background, so I'll post them this way

Le Bateleur - throwing Le Batch-a-Lures out there again
L'Imperatrice - L'imp Patrice (give her an impish smile)
L'Empereur - L'imperer (you could put a cast on one of his legs)
La Roue de Fortune - La Roux de Fortune as the roux can make or break a dish
La Lune - La Lune Tunes (although that might only be known by Americans of a certain age as Looney Toons were a popular cartoon series when I was a kid) or Call of La Loon, adding some loons to the image somewhere

I'll keep thinking.

So sorry! I am on AT'S purple theme so I thought it would stand out more! :D

Will consider batch a lures. I have thought of "le Batelur's Pad" but it seems... incomplete.

Your Roux idea gave me another idea - maybe mixing roux (flour based) with... fortune cookie? Lol or maybe not.

Again, your looney tunes (grew up watching reruns of that as well as Tiny Toons) idea gave me another idea. Use "balloon" as a pun for "la Lune"? Like "Hot air la Lune"?

What do you think?

-Ly

rwcarter

So sorry! I am on AT'S purple theme so I thought it would stand out more! :D

Will consider batch a lures. I have thought of "le Batelur's Pad" but it seems... incomplete.

Your Roux idea gave me another idea - maybe mixing roux (flour based) with... fortune cookie? Lol or maybe not.

Again, your looney tunes (grew up watching reruns of that as well as Tiny Toons) idea gave me another idea. Use "balloon" as a pun for "la Lune"? Like "Hot air la Lune"?

What do you think?

-Ly
I'm also on the purple theme, but when you quote a post, you type on a white background. That's where the yellow on white is hard on the eyes.

Love Hot Air La Lune since the Moon is floating in the sky like a balloon.

La Roux de Fortune Cookie? Hmmm.... It would have to grow on me.

blue_fusion

I'm also on the purple theme, but when you quote a post, you type on a white background. That's where the yellow on white is hard on the eyes.

Love Hot Air La Lune since the Moon is floating in the sky like a balloon.

La Roux de Fortune Cookie? Hmmm.... It would have to grow on me.

Or maybe la rude fortune cookie... fortune? Lol that's such a stretch.

rwcarter

Or maybe la rude fortune cookie... fortune? Lol that's such a stretch.
That may be a stretch, but it does remind me of the rudest fortune cookie I've ever seen:

"He loves you as much as he can, but he cannot love you very much."

:eek::bugeyed:

Rodney

blue_fusion

That may be a stretch, but it does remind me of the rudest fortune cookie I've ever seen:

"He loves you as much as he can, but he cannot love you very much."

:eek::bugeyed:

Rodney

The writer probably created this during an economic recession (lol).

rwcarter

Le Judgement - Judge me (not?)
Le Justice - Le Juiciest
Temperance - Temper and see