Tarot Of Marseilles Isis Version

anubis777

Well i cannot beleive that everyone is going ga ga over this supposed authentic deck. This deck is not authentic all you have to do is know & see that Tadahiro copied the Camoin edition every symbol is exactly like the camoin edition the only difference is that he changed the colors which were not correct even Camoin had the colors wrong. And now he claims this is the true authentic marseilles tarot well this is very wrong & as for as i am concerned he did nothing but a duplicate copy of the Camoin edition with minor changes, the color pink was never in the deck & makes the characters look sun burned i cannot beleive that Tadahiro could claim any authentification of this being a true marseilles deck when he copied the Camoin version it really blows my mind that so many people are fooled by this copy cat version. You can tell that Tadahiro knows nothing of the true esoteric tradition of the marseilles tarot except knowledge in duplication. Why couldn't he develop his own deck instead of using someone else's? Let me stress that i am not taking up for camoin b/c he also has done a huge injustice by adding symbols that are not authentic & true himself & promoting his own agenda along with his fake promises. This copy cat duplicate is the equivalent to me of copying the thoth deck & changing the colors & a few small symbols & announcing that this is my new deck, i could never get away with such forgery & nobody would ever beleive this so why does everyone beleive that Tadahiro is some great scholar & has given the world some new marseilles tarot when this is not true? Are the marseilles purists fooled this easy into beleiving that we have some new deck that has been rediscovered? It didn't work for camoin & it won't likely work for Tadahiro & it certainly won't fool me i can assure you of this. So if your into duplicates & fakes by all means continue on with this fantasy but you are only fooling yourself. This whole forgery is an insult to the name of Nicolas Conver & i am sure he wouldn't want his name on this duplicated deck. No originality here that is for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moonbow

We all have different opinions of decks, personally I'm not keen on the pink skin in this one either, but that aside its not the first time that artistic license has been taken with a Marseilles deck. Camoin did it himself as did Hadar and even our own Lee Bursten with the Universal. To some members here the more brightly coloured and modern Marseilles decks appeal so its down to personal choice and opinion. Just as you have yours. If there are copyright issues I'm sure Camoin will handle them himself.

Bernice

A lovely rendition of a Marseille deck based on the Cover - as so many other reproduction decks are. The 'pinkness' has already been explained, the actual cards arn't as pink or bright as the scans.

Although not primarily a lover of very brightly coloured decks, I'm more than pleased with my copy of Dame Fortunes Wheel, which has very clear, and sometimes bold colouring. In my opinion, Mr Tadahiro Onumas' deck is desirable, and the pips look especially beautiful.

I'm hoping to acquire it.

Bee :)

kwaw

Bernice said:
A lovely rendition of a Marseille deck based on the Cover - as so many other reproduction decks are. The 'pinkness' has already been explained, the scans arn't as pink or bright as the actual cards.

mmm.... so the cards are MORE pink than is being displayed on the monitor?

Anyways - I think it is a delightful and quite beautiful modern rendition of the Conver - if I had the money I would buy it, but I ain't, ce la vie.

Bernice

kwaw said:
mmm.... so the cards are MORE pink than is being displayed on the monitor?

Anyways - I think it is a delightful and quite beautiful modern rendition of the Conver - if I had the money I would buy it, but I ain't, ce la vie.
OMG = NO. My bad, that's back to front :). The scans are more pink than the actual cards! Thanks for picking that up Kwaw.

Earlier post corrected.

Lee

Evie said:
Camoin did it himself as did Hadar and even our own Lee Bursten with the Universal.
Actually I cannot take credit for the deck, only the book that came with it. :)

Moonbow

Sorry Lee I didn't mean to credit, or discredit, you at all, I meant by association. It was the deck that was the focus of what I said. I guess you took artistic license with the accompanying book too. :)

Bernice

Reproduction decks are REPRODUCTION.

I see no need for the authors/artist who produce them to feel that they should defend their work. So long as they clearly state any deviations from old museum images, and their reasons for it, these decks are very welcome. Especially in a tarot-world that has become swamped with RWS and GD decks, both of which were designed for specific magical systems that had nothing to do with tarot cards.

conversus

I am not fooled.

I am not looking for the Great Esoteric Truth in a deck of cards. Why look for the living among the dead ; no?

I am always looking for an attractive deck of cards in the TdM tradition that may entertain and enlighten me or others as I (or we) engage with them in play or contemplation.

Mr. Onuma's deck may meet this expectation, or it may disappoint. His work will be a welcome addition to my collection, nonetheless.

Pax et Bonum:

CED

Moonbow

moderator note

Whilst we allow some small diversions for freedom of flow in threads, I have had to remove a few posts which diverted towards discussions about GD and Thelema traditions. They don't fit in this thread or indeed this forum.