Viéville majors by Letarot.com

Sumada

Ah ha... so I guessed right - they are at about 50% on the BN site, on my screen anyway.
Thanks for that info.
Very happy for you to hear that Noblet requires another printing!
Best,
Sumada

Rotad

A becoming-urgent project is to make another printing of the Noblet.

Voila!

Please tell me you plan on doing another hand-colored run of the Noblet.

rox

It's not that it's NOT planned, it's just that the industrial version is more "urgent". The reality is that most people want a complete deck. The hand-colored majors are actually (supposing we had them) much less requested than the complete deck - and much more expensive. This is doubtless also a factor.

Daunting, for the Noblet/22, is finding more paper. Innumerable offerings of fine paper have evaporated, and I hate to think what the paper bought 10 years ago (no longer available, actually) would cost now.

So that's how it stands for the moment. Other irons in the fire.

Rotad

Thanks for the clarification Roxanne. I discovered the beauty of the 22-card hand stenciled Noblet deck a little late in the game.

If you ever decide to do another set I would definitely jump on the opportunity. I love the hand colored Dodal's you sent me. There's a certain charm found in this deck that is missing from mass produced decks.

Regardless, I think you're doing an excellent job. Keep up the good work!

(btw, I think you would be happy to know that the "Tardy Grim Reaper" is now happy at home with his friends. )

JDS

Package arrived today - Absolutely Beautiful!

Fantastic Work!

This is now my favorite deck. I've spent a lot of time with the Vieville reproduction deck, it is amazing now to look at these designs in the clarity this meticulous restoration provides. Breathes new life into it. Fantastic!

rox

They're bigger overall, I thought. I dealt with them at 300% - I didn't think to make them actual size...visibility is a virtue. Maybe I should size them down? (not too motivated)

Bertrand

Hello again Rox,

the overall size is ok, but - and this is quite a serious issue - the proportions aren't - since the height/width ratio should be lower than what your website's pictures show (I hope that makes sense, sorry for my bad english ; hopefully the animated gif I posted above explains it more clearly).
I received the link to this page a couple of days ago and was instantly shocked by this distortion, maybe because I am used to look daily at this deck.

There must have been a mistake in the resizing of your pictures and that's why they end up deformed, it distorts the characters and overall pictures and all angles relations become wrong (compared to the original deck).

I see you've corrected the popess which was reversed so that's an excellent thing, but still those deformed proportions tend to spoil this wonderful deck.