Show your Playing Cards!

Morwenna

Under "vintage Hallmark playing cards ebay" on Google there's a pic near the bottom that shows a Flowers deck; the backs are all different on the Hallmark decks, but the pic in question shows the four Aces and the two Jokers. I don't know how to post links. Good hunting!

Rhinemaiden

here's a playing card deck I found today at a local flea market - it's a Chinese 4 suit poker deck that forms a picture when 31 of the cards are set side by side... cards are slightly narrower than a Bicycle poker deck

http://www.art100.org/detail.asp?cs_id=318

Morwenna

double post--oops...

Morwenna

I recently came across a couple of French decks I forgot I had, both from Grimaud. One is a standard modern deck, but the French have this idea to name all the court cards for historical or legendary figures. And it's the ace of clubs, not spades, that has the corporate info. And the jokers are face only but one is printed in black and the other in red. And the aces are not marked A, but 1.

The other one is "Les Chevaliers de la Table Ronde," or Knights of the Round Table, and all the courts and aces (making it look like 16 courts altogether, just like Tarot! :D) are figures from Arthurian legend and others (including Gradlon and Dahut from Ker-Ys!), done in a '60s-ish, Mary-Blair-esque style, quite attractive. And the pips themselves are rather funky looking; the clubs look a little like triskeles with stems, the hearts have little bubbles on top that suggest crowns, etc. The jokers are the Green Knight, one in full and the other with the shield area left blank. If I ever figure out how to post pictures, I'll have to show this one.

Richard

This is the web site for the Pippoglyph playing cards. You can see small images of each card here.

Morwenna

Those Pippoglyph cards are gorgeous! *drool*

le_charior

P22 Type Foundry cards

these are amazing. had to buy them immediately, fonts and cards, what else can you ask for! thanks for posting them!

Morwenna

beautiful, thanks! on the fours, are these the four elements? looks like fire, water, earth and air to me, these little scenes. reminded me of the minchiate, so i guess i will have to buy them to get a closer look...

They are indeed the four elements, but not with the usual associations! :bugeyed: And though the heading says "52 + 3 cards" they didn't depict the 2s.