Tarot To Find Out Someone's Sexuality ???

gregory

Le Fanu said:
As someone who loves tarot cards, who asks them about general vibes, trends, the different tides and rhythms in my life, I simply do not think that tarot cards can tell you whether someone is gay or bi or whatever. It's like asking the cards if someone is dead. I mean, I just wouldn't go there.

Call me a heathen but I wouldn't believe any draw or spread in answer to this question.

I have no doubt whatosever that I could draw some cards this very minute that would depict me as straight. No doubt at all. And I wouldn't believe them.
I could draw some that would show me as a guy - and almost no-one here would believe those either ! :D

But my point was - get to know someone BEFORE you start to look on them as a potential - partner ? - I guess. So ask if an invitation would be met with a rebuff, and if going out together would be fun, and take it from there.

Sar

Perhaps try a "show me the sexuality of ....", but I do not see it is anyhow anyones buisniss....

The cards to yes would perhaps be Temperance, Tower and 7/sword.

I am turned on (and in balance with myself) men (THE TOWER symbolises the erection) and want them to turn their back to me".

Or something...

Amanda

Think about what your sitter is really asking. I imagine it's more along the lines of "Is it safe for me to approach this person and express my interest in them romantically?" So, why don't you pull some cards and ask what the outcome would be for your sitter if he did just that.

Otherwise, I've got on good with a decent Yes/No spread, and I would just ask. But then you might be trampling over into someone else's business.

Personally, I think everyone's gay to their own certain degree. Me, I'm mostly straight. :laugh: I think some women are beautiful and I like to look at them, but I wouldn't have sex with them- frankly, I just like man-parts. :D

Gut reaction? The guy in question is mostly straight, or at least, believes that he is. But I'm sensing there's been some disappointment with women sexually.

KMilliron

GryffinSong said:
Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic
You and I have so much in common. :D

Amanda_04 said:
Personally, I think everyone's gay to their own certain degree. Me, I'm mostly straight. :laugh: I think some women are beautiful and I like to look at them, but I wouldn't have sex with them- frankly, I just like man-parts. :D
My friends and I like to play "If I had a ____ I'd tap ____" haha. Funny to see peoples reaction. Bonus points if you have the first person start in a whisper and the nest person has to fill in the blanks a little louder.
Funny how many times we've gotten kicked out of public places because my guy friend screamed if he had a **** he'd want Vin Diesel inside of it. Good memories.

Now for tarot talk. I personally wouldn't do this, but try a personality spread, a "what would happen" spread, stuff like that.
Or you can ask.
I think laura_borealis gave the best answer though. Haha.

Frayling0

I don't think the tarot could give clear answers on an issue like this - considering it's been scientifically proven that no one is 100% heterosexual/homosexual. Anyone can have feelings for anyone, but different people feel different degrees for specific genders.

EoMg

Some different thoughts...

Interesting reactions regarding the guy's privacy. I had expected that a divination tool would be used a lot regarding matters others might not want you having knowledge about. Isn't that one of the points of divination?

Regarding wanting to know, I completely understand the querent's position/question from having been there. I'm wondering if this might be a difficult think for heterosexual folks to understand; I'm assuming most have never had the experience of being raised in a predominately homosexual/heterophobic environment finding themselves wondering about whether or not someone else is like them or like everybody else. You find yourself wishing there really WERE a Gaydar or magical solution or anything to help you out of that position.

This is an area where heterosexuals have a distinct privilege in most cultures and I would ask folks to be as aware of that privilege as much as possible and think about how it might affect your perspective before dispensing advice to a queer person. Something that seems trivial or questionable may only seem so because one has never or rarely had the experience the other is having (and has probably had many times).

Anyway, why not test it? Find the spread you want to use and try it out right now... I have three friends, tell me what your reading tells you about their sexuality and I'll confirm or deny for you. :)

Peter
Eric
Devin

BTW, Amanda's post made me think of a fun fact... I heard a while back that the fastest growing sexual orientation category is "mostly straight"! Interesting that the culturally constructed categories are continuing to break down, blur, and generally give us all more breathing room.

GryffinSong

EoMg said:
...BTW, Amanda's post made me think of a fun fact... I heard a while back that the fastest growing sexual orientation category is "mostly straight"! Interesting that the culturally constructed categories are continuing to break down, blur, and generally give us all more breathing room.

This makes perfect sense to me. The studies I've seen (Kinsey, for instance) show a very small percentage of people completely straight or gay. I've always wondered what we would be like if we were raised in a society where people could be completely free to be whomever they are. Without the judgement that people put on each other. And this goes for other things in addition to sexual orientation too. I think most of us are so constrained by our fears of being ridiculed or worse.

And I totally get that asking someone out can be a very risky act, especially for a gay man. Sometimes when I respond to this kind of question I respond from my inner "perfect world" position. So I hope I didn't come across as unsympathetic. There are certainly "bible belt" areas of the USA where I never, ever talked about my agnostic atheist leanings. Too risky.

There is evil in the world, and it is called intolerance. :(

Amanda

EoMg said:
Anyway, why not test it? Find the spread you want to use and try it out right now... I have three friends, tell me what your reading tells you about their sexuality and I'll confirm or deny for you. :)

Peter
Eric
Devin

Yeah, why not test it? It's just pieces of paper with ink, right folks? :D It only gets risky in how you present it to your sitters.

Gay
Straight
Bi

sunstallion

Le Fanu said:
As someone who loves tarot cards, who asks them about general vibes, trends, the different tides and rhythms in my life, I simply do not think that tarot cards can tell you whether someone is gay or bi or whatever. It's like asking the cards if someone is dead. I mean, I just wouldn't go there.

Call me a heathen but I wouldn't believe any draw or spread in answer to this question.

I have no doubt whatosever that I could draw some cards this very minute that would depict me as straight. No doubt at all. And I wouldn't believe them.

little confused on what you said here. so you said you don't believe in tarot ?

sunstallion

Sar said:
The cards to yes would perhaps be Temperance, Tower and 7/sword.

So, if it is a yes, then Temperance, Tower and 7 of Swords most likely to show up ?